PDA

View Full Version : Communications or Infantry

MikeR86
03-01-09, 09:05 PM
Hello Marines,

I'm in the DEP and assigned the program code BX with the occupational fields of 0500 - Marine Air Ground Task Force Plans and 0600 - Communications. I'm currently in college for an Associate's degree in Computer Network Security and is why i chose the field. Part of me is wanting to change to Infantry, its what i wanted when i first thought of joining and its always on my mind. The other part of me is thinking about whats best and what would benefit me if i didnt reinlist and went back into the civilian world. I also feel like i would be thought of "less of a Marine" if i didnt go Infantry or any other combat position. Any thoughts would be apreaciated.

JMoe
03-01-09, 09:22 PM
Hello Marines,

I'm in the DEP and assigned the program code BX with the occupational fields of 0500 - Marine Air Ground Task Force Plans and 0600 - Communications. I'm currently in college for an Associate's degree in Computer Network Security and is why i chose the field. Part of me is wanting to change to Infantry, its what i wanted when i first thought of joining and its always on my mind. The other part of me is thinking about whats best and what would benefit me if i didnt reinlist and went back into the civilian world. I also feel like i would be thought of "less of a Marine" if i didnt go Infantry or any other combat position. Any thoughts would be apreaciated.

Regardless of MOS, a MARINE is a MARINE. We all contribute to the Corps and its overall function. It just depends on what you want to do, I will say this. Make up your mind and choose a MOS which you will be happiest. That's what matters.