PDA

View Full Version : Parents Planning Graduation Week

Books
03-01-09, 11:06 AM
At the moment, I have no official information as to what my Co/Bn is going to be at RT, but my parents need to know which one it is going to be so they can get off from work (they are doctors) and they need to know this information as soon as possible.

I ship Monday, August 24th, and approx. 12 weeks and four days later is Friday, November 20th, which is the graduation date for Charlie Co, 1st Bn.

Seven days earlier, November 13th, is Kilo Co, 3rd Bn.

Five days later, November 25th, is Golf Co, 2nd Bn.

If I graduate on time, is it safe to say that I will be graduating with Charlie Co, 1st Bn?

kash
03-01-09, 11:24 AM
Ask your recruiter he will tell you.

I ship June 15th and going to be 2nd Battalion Hotel Company. Also graduation is September 11th.

Rocky C
03-01-09, 11:30 AM
When you get there the DI is going to give you the mailing address so you can write Family and Friends. They encourage mail call. You will know in the first 5 days.

Rocky

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 12:11 PM
and also another thing is they call it 13 weeks of hell for a reason....

Gunner614
03-01-09, 12:43 PM
At the moment, I have no official information as to what my Co/Bn is going to be at RT, but my parents need to know which one it is going to be so they can get off from work (they are doctors) and they need to know this information as soon as possible.

I ship Monday, August 24th, and approx. 12 weeks and four days later is Friday, November 20th, which is the graduation date for Charlie Co, 1st Bn.

Seven days earlier, November 13th, is Kilo Co, 3rd Bn.

Five days later, November 25th, is Golf Co, 2nd Bn.

If I graduate on time, is it safe to say that I will be graduating with Charlie Co, 1st Bn?

I'm also shipping August 24th, are you going to SD or PI?

Books
03-01-09, 01:34 PM
I'm also shipping August 24th, are you going to SD or PI?

Parris Island.

And my recruiter says he has no idea what Co I'm in, maybe it's just because I called him on a Sunday.

BR34
03-01-09, 01:41 PM
My guess is Golf Co. Seems like Charlie and Kilo won't be long enough. I believe the time spent at Recruit Training all together is like 13 weeks and 3 to 5 days.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 02:43 PM
well if your headin to Paradise and gonna be Golf Co. then you may jsut have a nice view of the parade deck. thats where i was, i was in 5th platoon so my rack had a clear shot of it, with another nice lil suprise as well

Old Marine
03-01-09, 04:08 PM
Just report to Boot Camp. You will be told by your D.I. when you will graduate. The date can always change due to you being recycled for medical reasons or being dropped for most any reason . Some Privates have been known to spend a year or more in Boot Camp.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 06:56 PM
yes that is true, ive seen several recruits graduate as a PFC....and even one as a LCPL.... it all depends on you and your mind and your body and your limits and how far beyond your limits you go, and by graduating that way i dont mean merit promos either im talkin bout purely TIG

hempstead56
03-01-09, 08:38 PM
Ask your recruiter he will tell you.

I ship June 15th and going to be 2nd Battalion Hotel Company. Also graduation is September 11th.

I was Hotel. 2nd deck lead series. Give em hell when you get there

SGT7477
03-01-09, 08:47 PM
Parris Island.

And my recruiter says he has no idea what Co I'm in, maybe it's just because I called him on a Sunday.
Just don't end up in 4th,lol.:D

jungholee90
03-01-09, 08:53 PM
Dang Books, you are finally shipping out soon, well in few months, but that'll go by really fast.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 09:24 PM
lol..well i dunno....talk about havin a perk bein in 4th

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 09:25 PM
lol i dunno...talk abotu havin some perks bein over in 4th

Books
03-01-09, 10:09 PM
Dang Books, you are finally shipping out soon, well in few months, but that'll go by really fast.

Jung Ho Lee! It's great to hear from you. I see you are in Pensacola. I'll be heading there too... eventually.

jungholee90
03-01-09, 10:16 PM
Yeah, hah it's been a while I got on here. I'm leaving this NAS in 7 weeks, finally started class. It's a nice base btw, just gotta fine something to do during weekends.

immaproshooter
03-01-09, 11:19 PM
theres lots to do around there...jsut off base and depends on how old u are as well....i was born n raised there

jungholee90
03-04-09, 10:58 PM
exactly, there's nothing for me to do hah. Mall and movies, that's about it. It's like Oceanside all over again but a bit better because it's rooms, not squadbay. haha

Tolerance
03-05-09, 12:30 AM
You will be in 1st Bn. Charlie Co. (trust me)

when both of my friends graduated this year, i counted 13 weeks from this

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp

and their Battalion was correct (I did this for practice, so I can see which Battalion I'd end up being a part of before I would ship)

-first week you count is where it says Aug. 28th (thats a grad day, Friday. the 24th is the MONDAY of THAT week).

-after counting that as the FIRST week, your 13th week you count lands on 1st Bn Charlie Co. (November 20th)

good luck!

Books
03-05-09, 02:34 PM
You will be in 1st Bn. Charlie Co. (trust me)

when both of my friends graduated this year, i counted 13 weeks from this

http://www.mcrdpi.usmc.mil/graduation/grad_dates.asp

and their Battalion was correct (I did this for practice, so I can see which Battalion I'd end up being a part of before I would ship)

-first week you count is where it says Aug. 28th (thats a grad day, Friday. the 24th is the MONDAY of THAT week).

-after counting that as the FIRST week, your 13th week you count lands on 1st Bn Charlie Co. (November 20th)

good luck!

Thank you for that information. I'll trust you.

Tolerance
03-08-09, 12:00 AM
Thank you for that information. I'll trust you.

no problem, glad I can help a fellow Poolee :D

Theboyintrainin
03-08-09, 01:33 AM
Co/Bn...are Company/Battalion, right?

It must be an arse-load of paper work to keep all of those groups straight...

Oh well, looks like I'm in the August 21th or August 28th day if I get out on time.

If I don't, well, I'll tell everyone else here when I get my first leave after that.

Tolerance
03-08-09, 05:19 PM
Co/Bn...are Company/Battalion, right?

It must be an arse-load of paper work to keep all of those groups straight...

Oh well, looks like I'm in the August 21th or August 28th day if I get out on time.

If I don't, well, I'll tell everyone else here when I get my first leave after that.

yes Bn/Co = Battalion/Company.

from the looks of it, you'll graduate August 14th in 1st Bn. Charli Co.

Theboyintrainin
03-08-09, 05:33 PM
Oh, cool.

Thanks.