PDA

View Full Version : Need Help and Awnsers

BGolden25
02-27-09, 06:11 PM
I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask my questions since i am new to LN but i figured if anyone could help it would be a Marine. and i have a bunch of questions but first before anyone awnsers it might be better if i discuss myself first so you can awnser my questions better.

well here gose.

My name is B Golden i am from Shawnee Oklahoma ive moved around alot in the last 3 years, I am a 25 year old father of two beautiful daughters ages 6 and 7, i was married for 6 years to a woman i still love and always will but unfortantly that did not work i have full custody of my oldest daughter whos mouther did not want her so ive raised her the best that i can, i droped out of high school to be a father when my ex wife was pregnant with my youngest daughter and started working full time i talked to a recruiter then but at the time i had no GED or anything so i was denied entry, my ex keep telling me to give it up because i wasnt going anywere this lead to many fights regaurding everything, i finaly got my ged and agin i was told "NO" by the same recruiter, so for a time i gvaae up my dream of becomeing a Marine, i caught myself starting to become rude to those that told me i couldnt do something and started showing them i could but agin this wasnt good enogh for anyone so i stoped trying to prove to anyone i could do something and started liveing for myself and my family, when my ex left it was the worst time of my life i moved in with my aunt and uncle who had been like parents to me and i locked myself in my room for 4 months until one day my oldest daughter and i were watching TV and a Marine comercial came on TV she asked me if i was going to be like the man on the TV so i got off my butt and started working out it to me 3 years to get from being 400 pounds to around 297 pounds and i started going back to school to study for my criminal justice degree and this last summer i started talking to my local Marine recruiter wich at the time was in OKC he was up front with me and told me i did need to lose more wieght even told me how to go about loseing the wieght and allowed me to come to the recruiting station 3 times a week over the summer and work out with those that had signed contracts alread i think it actualy got him in trouble with his CO but i wasnt sent home or told i couldnt come to PT but later i found out that if i wouldnt have showed up for the days for pt i wouldnt be allowed to come and he would have gotten into even more trouble so im glad i stuck to it and showed up well on my llast couple of days before summer eneded and i was due back to school i was hit with more family trouble this time regaurding my daughter and my uncle, my uncle had been doing things to my daughter and DHS took her from the home (Thank you DHS you saved my Daughter) and i moved in with a friend and had to drop school and my dreams of becomeing a Marine to be the Father i am ive been in and out of court several times and ive pretty much gotten my daughter back so life is getting better but im afraid its getting to late for me to join the Marines, and before you judge me i do love my children and i always will thats why i feel i must do this and not for anyone but myself and them, and im not leaving my daughter alone i am currently in the process of hopefuly getting remarried to a wonderful woman who wants me to follow my dream and isnt standing in my way she is worried but understands its something ive wanted to do since i was 13 years old unfortantly life has a wierd since of direction some times and things have to be placed on hold.

well thats sort of my story probably dosent make a bit of sense but its me now my questions.

whats the age limit to join the Corps?
whts the best diet plan for loseing the wieght requried wich is 70 pounds?
is it possible to join being a single parent if you have a family member willing to help with your child?
and what are the best exercises to do to lose the wieght i know some but not all?
and whats the best place to work out insde or outside?

your toghts and advice please (try not to murder me to much lmao)

rvillac2
02-27-09, 06:24 PM
You need to drastically improve your grammar and spelling. Try using a word processor with spell check before posting such a lengthy essay again. You have only one period in the entire paragraph!

Marines are resourceful. Try searching more the website before expecting answers to your weight/fitness situation.

Chumley
02-27-09, 08:07 PM
BGolden25,

All the weight loss tips, exercise ideas etc are easily found on this website, as the Sgt stated.

Your situation is not impossible to overcome, but it's going to be an uphill battle. You're still young enough to join, ( 29? still ) but you'd better get on it.

If you want something badly enough, anything is possible. Your family priorities are a challenge. Your woman sounds good to go, but you're asking a lot of anyone if /when you get deployed, go on long assignments ( MOS School for starters ), etc. These things are not something that you can avoid, and if she changes her mind along the way,...??? Who knows. Only you (both) can guage the long term stability of this plan.

Set small goals and acheive them one by one, and you will attain your bigger goals. You key to fitness is long term consistency in physical activity, particularly cardio exercise - good ol' sweat. Keep burnin' and keep working at it and the strength, endurance, and weight loss will come. Be relentless and you have a good chance in anything.

Whether the stars align for you and the USMC or not, you do hold the cards. You must have a plan to follow - start by identifying the goals to accomplish. Commitment and sacrifice are elements of success, so are family integrity and balance.

Good luck!
C

BGolden25
02-27-09, 10:06 PM
Thank you both for the info, and sorry about the long essay and the bad spelling and grammar it was a long night at work and i typed it up before hitting the rack.

B Golden