PDA

View Full Version : Where would I find information about deceased Marines

FemaleDevilDawg
02-27-09, 01:20 AM
I wanted to ask and see if anyone here knew how to find any information on fellow Marines that have gone ahead to the pearly gates. Whether it was recent or from the Veitnam war, or even further back. If anyone can give me any kind of information about this I would really appreciate it.

Thank you Fellow Devil Dawgs!

phillipkane
02-28-09, 08:02 AM
If it was a Marine who happened to be local, I suppose you could go through the towns obituaries ... Otherwise, I wouldn't think of how ... Good luck

FemaleDevilDawg
03-01-09, 10:11 PM
Thank you Devil Dawg

bucksgted
03-01-09, 10:47 PM
On another site, Gunny Bill does an outstanding job of searching obits nationally. PM me and I'll share what I can/know.

Semper Fi, Marine,
Ed

Osotogary
03-01-09, 11:58 PM
FemaleDevilDawg,

Where would I find information about deceased Marines
When I first looked at your question the first thing that came to my mind was do you mean Marines who died in the line of duty or Marines who died after leaving the Marine Corps? By deciding which kind of information you want, from which group listed above, you could narrow down your search possibilities for a rapid response.
National Cemetery's might be the way to go. I do believe that they keep archives. Also, every book or magazine that I have read about the Marine Corps usually had a list of Marines who perished in the line of duty or under other circumstances.
All the best to you in your quest. It certainly is a monumental task.