PDA

View Full Version : My Coffee Maker...WTF!!!!

Rocky C
02-25-09, 08:24 AM
Ok, so I set out on a mission this morning to clean my new coffee maker. 0630 read directions, fill with vinegar and turn it on. Holy SH*T!!!!! What a smell hot vinegar is in the morning!!! So I read the directions again and nowhere did it state these facts.
The smell of hot vinegar in the morning my make you want to puke.
Do not attempt to do this before you have your first cup of Coffee.
If you live in New England and it is 28 degress outside you still have to open your windows to air the house out.
If you live alone and have noone to help you wash the curtains, sheets, all your clothes, and shampoo the rugs to get the smell out, do not attempt this.
Do not attempt to log on to Leatherneck.com in fear of getting the smell of vinegar on the keyboard of your laptop.
If you do not feel like spending your whole morning trying to get the smell out of your apartment so your neighbors don't complain do not attempt this.
Do not attempt this cleaning on a day when you have a V.A clinic appt. at Dental with OUTSTANDING looking Dental Techs because you may never go back.
And Finally no where in the directions did it say "Rocky, if you do not want all this aggrevation, throw the damn thing away every six months and spend the $28 bucks at Super Walmart for a new one!!!!"

All in all, lesson learned, now I shall take the Blue pill, calm down, try and get all this accomplished and still make my dental appt. at 1500 hours.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Rocky

DocGreek
02-25-09, 08:33 AM
I thimk you should SMOKE that CANNOLI!!!....Must be a FATTY!!!.....DOC

Rocky C
02-25-09, 08:40 AM
I thimk you should SMOKE that CANNOLI!!!....Must be a FATTY!!!.....DOC

Thanks DOC, I am on hour number 3 and step 9 of the mission. You Know, PTSD and OCD!!!

:cry:

Gunner 0313
02-25-09, 08:43 AM
:flag: It does stink the joint up RI but it works like a mofo. I also use baking soda to scrub out the coffee basket. Make sure that you do several dry runs with water only first. It makes a big difference after you clean it.

Dental hygienist, that brings back sweet memories. Must be some kind of prerequisite that they have to be hotties. LOL

thedrifter
02-25-09, 08:46 AM
:flag: It does stink the joint up RI but it works like a mofo. I also use baking soda to scrub out the coffee basket. Make sure that you do several dry runs with water only first. It makes a big difference after you clean it.

Dental hygienist, that brings back sweet memories. Must be some kind of prerequisite that they have to be hotties. LOL

Oh the smell of vineger in the air:bunny:

It sure does....I do once a month....;)

Ellie

Rocky C
02-25-09, 09:11 AM
Oh the smell of vineger in the air:bunny:

It sure does....I do once a month....;)

Ellie

HAHAHHAHAHA Ellie,
I prefer the smell of Wild Strawberries, (Wink, Wink).
Also, I didn't read about running the clean water through.
Now I also have a sick stomache and had to brush my teeth 4 times and listerine.
I am not haveing fun!!!!

Rocky

awbrown1462
02-25-09, 10:04 AM
try clr next time but run water though it alot after

Chumley
02-25-09, 10:18 AM
try clr next time but run water though it alot after

My wife does the same thing. After the vinegar douche, she runs water through it 2-3 times before the next use.

For the coffee pot, she...

awbrown1462
02-25-09, 10:38 AM
thats bad and I'm telling

redman1
02-25-09, 11:03 AM
Clean it? Rinse It? I always thought the blacker it was the better it taste!!!!!1
Semper Fi Redman1

awbrown1462
02-25-09, 11:08 AM
for the cup but not the maker

redman1
02-25-09, 11:11 AM
"O ****" That must be what's been wrong all these years
Just kidding I use vinegar method and it work great only about once every two months. Hasn't killed anybody yet.
Semper Fi Redman1

NoRemorse
02-25-09, 11:43 AM
My wife does the same thing. After the vinegar douche, she runs water through it 2-3 times before the next use.

And that's how you stay happily married. :marine:

GSEMarine94
02-25-09, 11:50 AM
Had a Sgt back when I was a new boot Lcpl that refused to wash his coffee cup or his coffee pot (he had his own pot because of this). Well when I first got to my unit they had a ritual where all the new boots had to attempt to drink a cup of his coffee, black of course. Needless to say after the third sip I ran for the head, good times.

montana
02-25-09, 03:42 PM
i like my coffe fresh just after you scrape the mold off and re-heated it...was wondering why everyone calls me ol douche bad....i drink vinegar strait up....keepd me pipes clean
DUHH

redman1
02-25-09, 03:44 PM
Ain't that the Cowboy way?
Semper Fi Redman1

Rocky C
02-25-09, 05:06 PM
Hey Jarheads,
It's 1800 hrs. and I just got home. What a long ass day from my coffee maker fiasco to Dental clinic.
I just read the responses>>> Thanks for makin me smile :).
Wouldn't you know it, the Hottie Dental Tech Chick ask me if I was using some kind of new shampoo???
VINEGAR, WTF!!!!!!!
DOC Greek, I'll take that Fatty now :)
Semper Fi My Brothers and Sisters,

Rocky

Marine1955
02-27-09, 08:53 AM
:D
Ok, so I set out on a mission this morning to clean my new coffee maker. 0630 read directions, fill with vinegar and turn it on. Holy SH*T!!!!! What a smell hot vinegar is in the morning!!! So I read the directions again and nowhere did it state these facts.
The smell of hot vinegar in the morning my make you want to puke.
Do not attempt to do this before you have your first cup of Coffee.
If you live in New England and it is 28 degress outside you still have to open your windows to air the house out.
If you live alone and have noone to help you wash the curtains, sheets, all your clothes, and shampoo the rugs to get the smell out, do not attempt this.
Do not attempt to log on to Leatherneck.com in fear of getting the smell of vinegar on the keyboard of your laptop.
If you do not feel like spending your whole morning trying to get the smell out of your apartment so your neighbors don't complain do not attempt this.
Do not attempt this cleaning on a day when you have a V.A clinic appt. at Dental with OUTSTANDING looking Dental Techs because you may never go back.
And Finally no where in the directions did it say "Rocky, if you do not want all this aggrevation, throw the damn thing away every six months and spend the $28 bucks at Super Walmart for a new one!!!!"

All in all, lesson learned, now I shall take the Blue pill, calm down, try and get all this accomplished and still make my dental appt. at 1500 hours.

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Rocky
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/th_coffeecup.gif (http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/?action=view&current=coffeecup.gif)

DWG
02-27-09, 09:00 AM
Hey Jarheads,
It's 1800 hrs. and I just got home. What a long ass day from my coffee maker fiasco to Dental clinic.
I just read the responses>>> Thanks for makin me smile
Wouldn't you know it, the Hottie Dental Tech Chick ask me if I was using some kind of new shampoo???
VINEGAR, WTF!!!!!!!
DOC Greek, I'll take that Fatty now
Semper Fi My Brothers and Sisters,

Rocky

Next time, one word-Starbucks'!!! Or even McDs'. And maybe your little dental tech LIKES the smell of vinegar!!! Verrrry interesting!:confused::banana:

Old Marine
02-27-09, 09:27 AM
Just swish a little Raisin Jack around in the pot and it will be clean as a whistle.

Rocky C
02-28-09, 05:25 PM
Next time, one word-Starbucks'!!! Or even McDs'. And maybe your little dental tech LIKES the smell of vinegar!!! Verrrry interesting!:confused::banana:

I never thought of that!!!!
Verrry interesting?????
Can't wait to go back now :thumbup:

Rocky

Rocky C
02-28-09, 05:26 PM
:D
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/th_coffeecup.gif (http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/?action=view&current=coffeecup.gif)

Thanks alot,
damn that smells good (HA)

Rocky

Osotogary
02-28-09, 05:37 PM
And maybe your little dental tech LIKES the smell of vinegar!!!

No wonder....there is a douche product made with vinegar and water. LOL.
Might even work better than Old Spice.

Rocky C
02-28-09, 05:42 PM
No wonder....there is a douche product made with vinegar and water. LOL.
Might even work better than Old Spice.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
My new Aftershave (HA)

Rocky

Marine1955
02-28-09, 05:46 PM
don't bother me untill i'm finnished my coffee
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/th_starbucks-IV.jpg (http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/?action=view&current=starbucks-IV.jpg)
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Osotogary
02-28-09, 09:04 PM
This might work. This actually just might work. Who wants to give it a try?

jetdoc
03-01-09, 08:42 AM

NICE!! :D