PDA

View Full Version : In the DEP, supposed to Ship ASAP, but have a question

Aries41886
02-24-09, 06:00 PM
Okay, im supposed to shipout ASAP to Bootcamp, as you can see i was supposed to ship out Jan12th 2009, but i had a tragedy in the family and had to attend a funeral.
For phase 1 of boot camp, Im wondering if i will be okay or do i need to be in some tip top shape to survive it?
im not a fat body, im 142 lbs, 5'7", no illnesses or disabilities to speak of, I can run 1.5 Miles in ten minutes.

How hard was Phase 1 for your Marines when you went in? was it mostly just physical exercise and etiquette to be learned? or was there an insane amount of running involved in the first four weeks?
Its all blood sweat and tears from what I understand, And I can endure a great deal of pain. I don't want to make a fool of my recruiter by going into Boot Camp and winding up in PCP is all, id be lying if i told you i wasn't absolutely nervous about the whole thing. Im just looking for a basic idea of what to expect, I suppose that would ease my mind a little to know what to expect. I've asked my Recruiter and everything, but i know they also try to say things to keep us from getting discouraged.

NoRemorse
02-24-09, 06:15 PM
I have a question. Did you search the forums for the thousands of similar questions and answers that have been posted already?

SGT7477
02-24-09, 06:50 PM
Sounds like you are ready, Fear Is Not An Option.

JWDevilDog
02-25-09, 12:12 AM
I can endure a great deal of pain.

You are fine.

id be lying if i told you i wasn't absolutely nervous about the whole thing.

If you weren't nervous, HQMC needs to revise Recruit Training. Being nervous is expected.

As the PFC already posted, search the forums for countless threads on what to expect in Boot Camp.

All I'm going to say is physically you are ready if that is your run time. The Drill Instructors will get you to where you need to be.

jungholee90
02-25-09, 04:23 PM
Good Luck, you won't have much problem. Do not worry about failure. Focus on why you are there: to earn the title of U.S. Marine.

Rocky C
02-25-09, 05:12 PM
Take a Deep breath, have a Cannoli and all is well....
Good Luck and give em hell Boy Scout.
Semper Fi,

Rocky

sparkie
02-25-09, 08:17 PM
For what you are about to face,,,,, There is no prep. Just jump.
Tick, tick, tick, tick.

Aries41886
02-27-09, 12:05 AM
Thank you. I think ill quote an above post " Nothing will prepare me for what im about to face, just Jump"

You know, That seems to be freakin true, no matter what assurances I can give myself. Thank you all for your responses.

spotts
02-27-09, 08:52 AM
If you go in with the attitude that you give 110% in everything you do and have the desire to be a Marine then you will succeed.