PDA

View Full Version : 64 Years, is a Long Time, Marines.

DocGreek
02-23-09, 03:41 PM
:flag: Sixty four years ago, today...the American flag was raised on Iwo Jima. Of course, one of the men was a Hospital Corpsman....Tom Bradley. Two Divisions of Marines, backed up by a third one, took that piece of crap island, with terrible casualties. Many Medals of Honor were awarded to the Marines, and Corpsmen, willing to give their lives...for their buddy's. Let "US" NEVER FORGET THEIR SACRIFICE!!!! OOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!......SEMPER FIDELIS.....DOC GREEK:iwo:

temarti
02-23-09, 04:55 PM
Ooh Rah Doc, we must also remember there was one Coastie the lost his life their too.

S/F

Rocky C
02-23-09, 04:58 PM
:flag: Sixty four years ago, today...the American flag was raised on Iwo Jima. Of course, one of the men was a Hospital Corpsman....Tom Bradley. Two Divisions of Marines, backed up by a third one, took that piece of crap island, with terrible casualties. Many Medals of Honor were awarded to the Marines, and Corpsmen, willing to give their lives...for their buddy's. Let "US" NEVER FORGET THEIR SACRIFICE!!!! OOOOOORRRRRRAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!......SEMPER FIDELIS.....DOC GREEK:iwo:

Well said Doc.
We will never forget.
Thanks for the reminder to all.
Semper Fi My Brother,
Rocky

redman1
02-23-09, 05:01 PM
Thanks for reminding us Doc
Ooh, Rah, I SALUATE all of them
You don't get this on the evening News.
Semper Fi Redman1

gloriaspurr
02-23-09, 05:18 PM
hi my name is Gloria. i am doing a research paper in english. the topic is should females in the military be excluded from direct combat or other hazardous situations? i thought that it would be a good idea if people could state their opions/ i have 2 brothers in the marines and one in the army. Ian Spurr, James Spurr and Joey Spurr. i joined just for this reason and i dont know how this works so could you get the word out. Please?

SGT7477
02-23-09, 06:03 PM
Never forget, Semper FI.

jetdawgg
02-23-09, 08:13 PM
http://club.llamaweb.co.uk/cms/Image/exhibitions/FlagRaising.jpg

W L Farmer
02-23-09, 08:22 PM
Great post Doc!

The raising of the flag on Iwo Jima is the anchor of the Marine Corps I don't believe any of us will forget the image and realize the cost.

Semper Fi, Doc.

Bill

jetdawgg
02-23-09, 08:42 PM
http://www.grunt.com/images-bs/1st%20Iwo%20Flag%20Raising.jpg

PaidinBlood
02-23-09, 08:47 PM
:thumbup:
Semper Fi :usmc:

ecfree
02-23-09, 09:59 PM
Bless 'em all....all the Iwo vets...:thumbup::iwo::thumbup:

redman1
02-23-09, 10:01 PM
JETDAWGG, WOW! Thanks for sharing
It always moves me when I see the raising of the flag
Without those who started the three Marine Corps Values none of us would be what we have become.
Nothing greater than serving and being a United States Marine
I've made allot of mistakes in my life but joining the Marines is the BEST decision I ever made.
Thanks to all that came before me and paved the way for us all.
Semper Fi Redman1

Rocky C
02-24-09, 06:55 AM
http://www.grunt.com/images-bs/1st%20Iwo%20Flag%20Raising.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!!!! As the tears roll down my cheeks.......
Thanks for shareing,

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Marine1955
02-24-09, 07:42 AM
:thumbup:great post DOC

mcvet57103
02-24-09, 07:45 AM
"Uncommon Valor was a Common Virtue"

Admiral Nimitz's ringing epitome of Marine fighting on Iwo Jima

Semper Fidelis Marines

GSEMarine94
02-24-09, 07:55 AM
Outstanding post Doc. Read the book Flag of our fathers not long ago written by doc Bradley's son, a very humbling read. Thank you to all Vets that gave their all on that piece of hell.

jetdawgg
02-24-09, 10:06 AM
Marines, just like you all I am just a part of the greatest fighting force the world has ever known.

Thanks for having my back. It gives me great comfort in KNOWING that it is covered:usmc:

MPMOM
02-25-09, 10:23 PM
I was amazed at work yesterday that it wasn't mentioned at all, and it was all I could think about all day.