PDA

View Full Version : Is it possibe?

tripletgirl101
02-22-09, 02:42 PM
Okay, is it possible for me to join the Marine Corps with these medical condtions. (Note: break out the popcorn ;))
Also here is some info to help explain some stuff below. I am an identical triplet and because of that I was a premie.

I am on an anti-depressant and have been so since I was 10. I was put on it because when I was 10 I punched a hole in the wall because I was mad so my mom drove me over to the nuerologist an hour later and he put me on the medication. My sisters all have some nuerogical problems. One has ADHD the other has OCD. Sometimes I think my mom was waiting for me to have a temper tantrum so she could put me on medicine because if my other 2 sisters have something I should too.
I was diagnosed with asthma when I was 2 because I would cough and wheeze a lot. I have never actually had an asthma attack, but one time when I ws 6 I could not catch my breath for 10 minutes. I have not used my inhaler since... last year. (when I was 13) I also have allergies to pollen, could this go hand in hand? My sisters also have asthma, but all very mild like me.
I should really stop worrying about this. But I love the Marine Corps so much and I really wish I had a clear cut answer right now, but I have a feeling that I will see if I can join in time (a recruiter has better things to do then to listen to a 14 year old), and we will see how my medical problems change or whatever. Thank you!

tripletgirl101
02-22-09, 05:54 PM
Sorry, I forgot to post one medical condition. I knew I forgot something!

I have eczema. I only break out though when I wear silver or nickel jewelry or when I wear jeans because the button irritates my skin, therefore I normally put tape over it. ;)

Marine84
02-22-09, 06:24 PM
Are You Fking Kidding Me??????????