PDA

View Full Version : Civil Affairs Group Question

Blutic
02-21-09, 07:47 PM
I'd appreciate some general info on Reserve CAGs. Someone told me they deploy so much you might as well go active duty. I'm considering going into the one in Washington DC as a Judge Advocate.

Thanks.

Live and Learn
02-23-09, 12:21 AM
Civil Affairs is only a reserve option there are no active duty elements in the Corps at the moment. I served with 3rd CAG in 2006 for their deployment and was a team leader in Iraq. Civil Affairs was a great role to be apart of. We would go out on combat patrols with the grunts and while there providing security and protecting your team, you are in stores dealing with local people. Using all your creativity to develop new programs to help the local city. You have to gather intel on everything about your city, who is who, what does what, my team and I had gathered hundreds of pages on intel on our city and made some great programs. Your main role is to spend money to create local economic growth. Your help provide the funding for school projects, hospitals, anything you can think of. As an officer you would be a team leader and as such you would pick a local contractor or have multiple ones compete for it. You would be the deciding factor as to who gets what contract. <O:pI have stories galore on CAG, if you want more information let me know. I sent you a private message with more information that may help as well.<O:p