PDA

View Full Version : Recruiter told me Infantry was Full, couldnt join Infantry, Is this true?

CountryCruZn
02-20-09, 03:39 PM
Hi I was talkin to my recruiter about Infantry and he says it is full I cant enlist Infantry. I also just heard we are sending 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan so I would think we would need more. I was under the impression that we could never have too many Infantrymen. I enlisted Open Contract Active Duty, 92 ASVAB above 120 on all combined scores, ship May 4, would like infantry, what are the possibilities?

Tommy1089
02-20-09, 03:49 PM
If you enlist with an open contract, you're supposedly not allowed to get an Infantry contract, well at least that's what I was told by my former recruiter when i called him up to ask him about your question. But you never know he could be wrong.

richerich
02-20-09, 04:01 PM
This is correct, for now. There's other threads on here talking about this.

Hi I was talkin to my recruiter about Infantry and he says it is full I cant enlist Infantry. I also just heard we are sending 17,000 more troops to Afghanistan so I would think we would need more. I was under the impression that we could never have too many Infantrymen. I enlisted Open Contract Active Duty, 92 ASVAB above 120 on all combined scores, ship May 4, would like infantry, what are the possibilities?

giveen
02-20-09, 04:02 PM
Too many infantry? Has hell frozen over?

SGT7477
02-20-09, 05:23 PM
Go and take your chances.