PDA

View Full Version : Information about FRP

Future 4th
02-20-09, 12:32 PM
Hi all,

I am planning on joining the Marine Corps. I have taken the ASVAB in a recruiters office. Didn't get the score that I was looking for, but have been studying ever since. I am currently over the weight limit for enlistment (I have already lost 25/30 lbs, but have about 20/25 more to go).

My recruiter wasn't giving me the information that I was looking for, so I figured I'd ask it here.

Obviously, I should be in shape and ready to go once my feet hit those yellow footprints, but I'm not sure how long it will take me to get to that weight limit. I am working my butt off every day and doing a very strict diet to get ready.

I heard about the FRP (PCP for men), and was wondering if there was a weight max to get into that...or if, since I'm pretty close to my goal weight that I could just be automatically sent to FRP.

My other question is about money. I am getting married in 2 weeks (something my recruiter isn't happy about because of the paperwork). I was curious as to how the money works out when you're married and in boot camp. My recruiter is trying to convince me to get married after boot camp, that way I just have to go to my superiors and file the paperwork with them. I wasn't sure if while I'm in FRP I get paid, or even paid at the same rate as I would if I were in boot camp with the rest of the recruits.

The reason why I need this information is because of my family (as I said). If I'm able to get paid the same rate as a recruit in boot camp and some or all of the money is shared with my husband, then I will get my happy behind to my recruiters office and set up a date and time for the official ASVAB and get an MOS. Otherwise, it will take me another 4 months to get this weight off, make sure that my husband is financially secure with an income without me. It would just be hard for us when we have shared in the bills for 3 1/2 years and all of a sudden for 3 months or so he's paying the bills for two people on a single income.

Thank you all for your anticipated responses.

NoRemorse
02-20-09, 12:35 PM
You need to profile up before we'll assist you.

thedrifter
02-20-09, 12:38 PM
You need to profile up before we'll assist you.

More info....like recruiters name, #, Yours

Future 4th
02-20-09, 12:38 PM
Just put up my profile...thought I had, but it didn't save. Thanks for the quick note

NoRemorse
02-20-09, 12:42 PM
Hrmmm... I don't know if that profile is... acceptable... I'll say it isn't...

Do as the MSgt instructed.

thedrifter
02-20-09, 01:09 PM
locking post till they update profile..

Then they can contact a me or a moderator to open again....