PDA

View Full Version : State succession?

cds91
02-20-09, 10:21 AM
I am a poolee but i am also active in my State Defence force or Militia and in our meeting they were talking to us about a number of U.S. States thinking about succession which i do not think is a good idea, but i been doing some research and there is a list of states on the web that are filing for succession and i wanted to know where would that leave our forces in the United States from taking the oath to protect the constitution of the United States of America what are we going to be defending the Union or the 21 states that leave?

giveen
02-20-09, 10:30 AM
secession, you mean, right?

NoRemorse
02-20-09, 10:34 AM
Research our charter for the hard answer, poolee.

cds91
02-20-09, 10:35 AM
Yes secession i have been reading up and all the states to declare sovereignty has to do with Article I, Sections 8-10 of the Constitution.

cds91
02-20-09, 10:36 AM
Research our charter for the hard answer, poolee.
yes corporal

DWG
02-20-09, 10:36 AM
Sovereignity! It's the new buzz word.

Poolee, you would be expected to support your State, of course! Bwahahahahahaha!

Worry about Boot Camp, not the next war of secession!

If you ever become a Marine you will know your duty, no sweat!

awbrown1462
02-20-09, 10:41 AM
Article tells what Congress can and cannot do and what States cannot do there is nothing about what States can do now get back to getting ready to be a Marine Poolee

cds91
02-20-09, 10:41 AM
Sovereignity! It's the new buzz word.

Poolee, you would be expected to support your State, of course! Bwahahahahahaha!

Worry about Boot Camp, not the next war of secession!

If you ever become a Marine you will know your duty, no sweat! Yes Sir, boot camp, is the most important quest on my mind I will accomplish all that is right so I can serve my country with pride.

NoRemorse
02-20-09, 10:44 AM
yes corporal

Thanks for the promotion there...

cds91
02-20-09, 10:44 AM
Well said sargeant, my first line of action is to make it into the ranks first thats, why when I heard about this i had some questions.

cds91
02-20-09, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the promotion there...
sorry pfc my head aint screwed on tight today the state militia I am in is based off army terms and i got to memerize my marine corps welcome aboard book and I get them mixed up time to time.