PDA

View Full Version : Meps Dq

MWander141
02-19-09, 07:17 PM
Hello all!

My name is Matt and I am new here on the board. I just have a few questions to be answered if at all possible. So, with that being said, the first question I have is, If I have polyps in my large intestine and the condition known as Familiar Polyposis runs in the family, but it has NO AFFECT on my day to day life WHAT-SO-EVER, can I still be a Marine? I've been DQ'd by MEPS through a papercase, but I was wondering if I got a letter from my doctor stating that I could be released for full, active, military duty, and I will not have any issues, do you Marines think that MEPS would possibly reconsider me at all? Once again, any help is GREATLY appreciated and I thank you all in advance for anything you say!

Thanks!
~Matt~

NoRemorse
02-19-09, 07:21 PM
Profile!

MWander141
02-19-09, 07:24 PM
I am sorry sir, please forgive me! I am going to completely fill it out right now.

MWander141
02-19-09, 07:28 PM
There you are sir, it has been filled out!

NoRemorse
02-19-09, 07:43 PM
Your favorite Marine is a Sergeant, not a Sargeant.

Don't call me sir, I'm not an officer. Address me by rank or screenname.

I don't see your condition as being on the list. If anything, since we're near the cap we can be more selective. You may be able to waiver up but you'd need a recruiter willing to go through that process with you and you'd need a buttload of documentation to send up for a package.

Do some research on your condition and call your recruiter.

MWander141
02-19-09, 07:52 PM
My recruiter right now has been extremely helpful and still keeps in touch with me to this day. Basically what he said was that I have hit a brick wall and have nothing I can do about the disqualification, but at the same time, I can't find anything in the Medical Regulations that states I should be disqualified. Should I actually call MEPS up and talk to a doctor myself over the phone? Thanks again Private First Class.

NoRemorse
02-19-09, 07:57 PM
My recruiter right now has been extremely helpful and still keeps in touch with me to this day. Basically what he said was that I have hit a brick wall and have nothing I can do about the disqualification, but at the same time, I can't find anything in the Medical Regulations that states I should be disqualified. Should I actually call MEPS up and talk to a doctor myself over the phone? Thanks again Private First Class.

PFC will suffice. I'd suggest you call your recruiter and actually make sure you can get documentation from other doctors supporting your case.

Also, search the forums here. Look for terms like waiver, BUMED and disqualification.

MWander141
02-19-09, 10:06 PM
PFC, I have talked to my doctor and he said he would "very proudly release me for active duty". Also, I have searched every place I can possibly think of on this forum, the web, and in actual books.

I have talked to an Army recruiter and he is the actual one who gave me the idea for the letter. He said that he could have me through MEPS in a week if I had that letter, no questions asked, but, then again, the Army seems to have way lighter Med. Regs than any other branch. (no disrespect of any kind meant towards the Army).

I am just in an very unfortunate spot right now and I have not wanted anything but to serve my country as one of The Few, The Proud, US Marines.