PDA

View Full Version : Local Teachers Experience Life as a U.S. Marine Recruit

jetdawgg
02-18-09, 02:08 PM
PARRIS ISLAND, SC - Last week NBC25's Nikki Burdine headed down to Parris Island, South Carolina with a group of local teachers to take part in boot camp.

The Marine Corps let Nikki tag along to see what it takes to become a Marine.

When the teachers arrive at Parris Island on day one, they take their first steps on the famous yellow footprints. They're there to get a taste of what their students could go through if they decide to join the Corps.

They take part in all the ropes, from martial arts to physical training, and even weapons training. Each training has a specific purpose, so when the Marines are out in the combat zone, they can make the difficult decision between life or death.

But it's not all physical. Mental obstacles are some of the toughest ones to conquer.

It all leads up to the ultimate goal: graduation.

Julia Janowich, the assistant principal at Francis Scott Key High School, said, "Everyone that I've talked to said it's a valuable experience that we are going to take back to our school. How can you not pass on what you've shared, what you've seen with these guys?"

Nikki will also introduce us to some local recruits she met in boot camp later this week.

video: http://your4state.com/content/fulltext/?cid=54142

giveen
02-18-09, 02:21 PM
LOL, empty your pockets right now!
Aye, Sir!!!

JWDevilDog
02-26-09, 01:12 AM
The news anchor called him a "drill sergeant."

Nasty civilian doesn't even know the difference between the Best and the mediocre. F*ck my beloved Corps, right?

Isrowei
02-26-09, 07:04 AM
The news anchor called him a "drill sergeant."

Nasty civilian doesn't even know the difference between the Best and the mediocre. F*ck my beloved Corps, right?

Did you watch the clip..?

Do you really care if she calls them "Drill Sergeant" or "Drill Instructor"?

I didn't.