PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp and then USNA?

Roedog
02-18-09, 10:55 AM
Is it possible to go Boot Camp and then leave for USNA?( assuming appointment next year)

NoRemorse
02-18-09, 11:03 AM
Is it possible to go Boot Camp and then leave for USNA?( assuming appointment next year)

It might be if you had a filled out profile. If you did then I'd be able to relate a story about a boot camp graduate who did something like that.

Isrowei
02-18-09, 11:43 AM
Why are you asking this in multiple areas?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79238

Did you not like the answer you got?

BTW, this is the third notice about a profile. If you can't follow simple instructions, how the heck to do expect to make it through Boot... much less four years at USNA?

Roedog
02-18-09, 01:13 PM
I did the profile thing... What next?

Isrowei
02-18-09, 01:42 PM
How have you attended USNA... but yet you're asking about how to get there? Not to mention your flippant attitude?

I'm done with you. Someone else can handle this trainwreck.

rvillac2
02-18-09, 01:58 PM
You're going to have to learn "Attention to Detail," kid.
Remove USNA for "Colleges Attended."

I strongly suggest you beg for the Lt's pardon and humbly request his assistance again. He is the best resource we have on the USNA.

and PS. There are a great many of us who would have proudly wore those dress whites if we had the opportunity.

Roedog
02-18-09, 03:10 PM
Sirs,
I do humbly apologize and ask forgiveness. I certainly did not mean to offend or mislead. Just mixed up and awkward. I will try to clear the "train wreck".

Isrowei
02-18-09, 03:34 PM
I told you (in the first thread you made) to check my profile. It is possible because I did it.

However, it's not very easy to get in.. and even harder to graduate. There were 23 prior-enlisted Marines in my class of over 1200 new midshipmen. Only 18 of us graduated and of that only 16 back into the Marine Corps. It's not guaranteed that you will be selected for the Marine Corps. It's all based on your performance.

There is no room for an attitude both in the Marine Corps, nor at USNA. Not when you literally represent the Marine Corps to over a thousand brand new kids. Frankly, I'm not sure what going through Boot is going to prove without actually spending time in the Marine Corps. I spent 4 years before being accepted to USNA. Just going to bootcamp and then applying is a waste of your time and the Marine Corps' time.

As the Sgt said, a lot of people would have been honored to wear the uniform of a Midshipman. And you better be VERY comfortable with working around and being in the Navy.

If you have any specific questions I will try to answer. But save the attitude for your friends. I don't have time to help people who really don't care.