PDA

View Full Version : IRR Military Reserve ID Card

SGT VAS
02-17-09, 10:20 AM
I received an email today from MOCOM reminding me to get a current IRR Military ID Card. So once I get this card, am I allowed to go on base, shop, gym use, etc. or is it just a card with no base perks? I thought they said in TAPS that we were no longer authorized a Military ID and lose base privileges?

Pete0331
02-17-09, 10:24 AM
I received an email today from MOCOM reminding me to get a current IRR Military ID Card. So once I get this card, am I allowed to go on base, shop, gym use, etc. or is it just a card with no base perks?

Yes, you will have the same benefits with the exception of medical care.

SGT VAS
02-17-09, 10:31 AM
Kick A$$. I have been a moron paying for a gym membership and getting raped out in the civilian world with grocery prices / supplements. Thanks for the quick reply Marine.

Pete0331
02-17-09, 10:34 AM
Kick A$$. I have been a moron paying for a gym membership and getting raped out in the civilian world with grocery prices / supplements. Thanks for the quick reply Marine.

No worries.
Anything to help a brother.

davblay
02-17-09, 11:15 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_Ready_Reserve

fallfast90
02-19-09, 09:09 AM
Wish i knew that back when. I remember they told us in TAPS that it DID NOT entitle us to the base exchanges or commissary. Ohh Well....

giveen
02-19-09, 09:17 AM
It looks like the old green military ID cards.
Green = Full Privilege.

I go on the AF Base here ever now and then to shop.

ahbeaud
03-18-09, 02:30 PM
How does one obtain one of these IDs? All I have is my VA ID, and most civilians don't recognize that as a "government-issued ID".

KawiGunny
03-18-09, 02:36 PM
How does one obtain one of these IDs? All I have is my VA ID, and most civilians don't recognize that as a "government-issued ID".

I bet if you filled out your profile someone will help you out even more than expected.

Pete0331
03-18-09, 02:37 PM

Un-jack your profile.

Any military installation that issues government ID cards.
Show your DD 214, member copy 4 I believe, at the gate and tell them why.

Took me 10 minutes.

giveen
03-18-09, 03:07 PM
I was working as a civilian contractor and had to get a civilian CAC card and we were at a Marine Reserve base so I turned my old active duty CAC in and got my IRR card made for me.

ahbeaud
03-18-09, 03:09 PM
Thanks for your help, guys!!

Artemis
03-18-09, 04:20 PM
Certain state National Guard Units, MEPS, and any active base in your area will be able to get you an IRR ID card made.

echo3oscar1833
03-18-09, 10:42 PM
Certain state National Guard Units, MEPS, and any active base in your area will be able to get you an IRR ID card made.

love your signature Nelly lol.:marine:

SgtStans
12-04-10, 04:13 PM
Now out of curiousity, basically the only reason I am resurecting a dead thread, do you think they will make me shave for the picture for the IRR ID? Because I haven't shaved once since I got out back in March of '09 and I don't plan on starting now, lol.

Kegler300
12-04-10, 04:15 PM
No commissary or exchange privileges, unless you are drilling or on mob orders.

SgtStans
12-04-10, 04:19 PM
Not to try and say you're wrong MsGySgt but they just told is in the IRR muster I went to this morning that we would still be allowed to use the Commissary and Exchange with the IRR ID.

Kegler300
12-04-10, 04:23 PM
Not to try and say you're wrong MsGySgt but they just told is in the IRR muster I went to this morning that we would still be allowed to use the Commissary and Exchange with the IRR ID.

I'll check Monday morning to be sure. Since the commissaries and exchanges have lost so much business, you might be right. When I retired in '05, you had be drilling, ATD, or mobilized. I don't want to pass any bad gouge.

What is an IRR muster anyway?

SgtStans
12-04-10, 04:25 PM
Ahh gotcha. Yeah they are probably allowing it now due to the economy. I mainly want to get mine, if they don't try to make me shave, so that I can use the gym out here on Dobbins AFB. I don't have the money to blow on a gym membership if I can use that one for free.

Kegler300
12-04-10, 04:28 PM
Ahh gotcha. Yeah they are probably allowing it now due to the economy. I mainly want to get mine, if they don't try to make me shave, so that I can use the gym out here on Dobbins AFB. I don't have the money to blow on a gym membership if I can use that one for free.

Master Gunnys are never wrong...just mistaken. (;

SgtStans
12-04-10, 04:29 PM
Touche Master Guns.

Old Marine
12-04-10, 05:33 PM
Marines can buy item cheaper in town than any commissary, PX, or PX gas station I have been to. Did not used to be that way.

SgtStans
12-04-10, 05:40 PM
Marines can buy item cheaper in town than any commissary, PX, or PX gas station I have been to. Did not used to be that way.

The gas part is true but I have found some stuff that is cheaper in the PX. Mainly beer...lol. It was $14 for a 30 pack of Keystone Light back in Lejeune. Where as out in town that would run you upwards of $20.

egbutler1
12-04-10, 05:50 PM
I received an email today from MOCOM reminding me to get a current IRR Military ID Card. So once I get this card, am I allowed to go on base, shop, gym use, etc. or is it just a card with no base perks? I thought they said in TAPS that we were no longer authorized a Military ID and lose base privileges?

They said that but your not out yet, got to do your 8 yrs. Its the same deal just doesn't say active on it.

oldfossil
10-10-16, 03:53 PM
Is there any way to get a copy of my original military ID card? From 1967

DaShadow
10-10-16, 04:04 PM
Nope..