PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Black Flag Days

bekster2008
02-17-09, 01:30 AM
Hello all,

A new Marine (a PFC) came in to the recruiting office today while on leave and was talking to our recruiter about black flag days in boot camp but I was packing backpacks for a hump and knowledge study session so did not hear the whole conversation...I leave in June and I know it has to do with heat but does anyone have specifics, like if we have a black flag day will that push our graduation date back? How hot does it have to be for one of these and what do you do on the days you have them? Thanks for the information you provide again, I really do appreciate this site and can't wait for the day I will hopefully get to lend a hand in offering up my own information on the beloved Corps.

PaidinBlood
02-17-09, 02:09 AM
http://www.ala.usmc.mil/flags/

All you had to do is Google it. This should help. Relax. In other words, if there are black flag conditions, training will be modified but you will graduate on time.

0231Marine
02-17-09, 07:17 AM
All you have to worry about it what your drill instructors tell you to do. They'll handle the training schedule, you just do as your told. I promise that you'll graduate the same day that you're supposed to. The only thing that has ever altered a graduation date to my knowledge was a hurricane.

temarti
02-17-09, 07:54 AM
Don't worry there is plenty to do on a black flag day inside the squadbay, you will wish you were outside.

SGT7477
02-17-09, 11:28 AM
We never had a black flag day, only the strong survive.

02-18-09, 12:27 AM
if there are black flag conditions, training will be modified
there is plenty to do on a black flag day inside the squadbay, you will wish you were outside.Haha, just wait, you'll see!:D

odc25
03-22-09, 06:57 PM
Black Flag days are no fun as previously stated youll wish you were doin whats on the training schedule lol. its amazing how you can make the inside of a squad bay look exactly like the sand pit in a matter of 5 minutes... and lots of recruits with pockets full of sand...

giveen
03-23-09, 08:39 AM
LOL, every day at MCAS Yuma, AZ was a black flag day....and guess what? Every day we were outside PT'ing.

During the summer time, my base's average temp is like 115+

Hologram
03-23-09, 10:28 AM
Haha, just wait, you'll see!:D
So you want to play games, huh? Good, war bags: dump them now. Blouse off the body. Blouse on the body. Blouse off the body. Back of the house now. Blouse drop it now. Get on line now. Seabags: on line now. Seabags, dump them now. Belt off the body. Cross deck now. Belt, center of the house now.

Heh heh, seems just like yesterday. I remember tearing up the house every night for a week after coming back down from Pendleton.

ggyoung
03-23-09, 10:38 AM
We never had a black flag day, only the strong survive.

Never did have a "black flag day" at boot camp or Vietnam or 29 Palms or any other place I was at. Only the strong survive.

CplKJSpevak
03-23-09, 12:07 PM
a boot 2nd Lt. ignored the black flag out in Barstow and dropped dead while running.

giveen
03-23-09, 12:20 PM
Sounds like he wasnt properly hydrated.

0231Marine
03-23-09, 12:39 PM
So you want to play games, huh? Good, war bags: dump them now. Blouse off the body. Blouse on the body. Blouse off the body. Back of the house now. Blouse drop it now. Get on line now. Seabags: on line now. Seabags, dump them now. Belt off the body. Cross deck now. Belt, center of the house now.

Heh heh, seems just like yesterday. I remember tearing up the house every night for a week after coming back down from Pendleton.

What are you talking about boot, it was just yesterday!

giveen
03-23-09, 12:40 PM
LOL:D

CplKJSpevak
03-23-09, 02:45 PM

OOOOOooooohhh!!!!!!!!!

Donut Brigade
03-25-09, 07:02 PM
We had a black flag in MCT once. It was a big deal. Pendleton isn't supposed to have black flags.

Petz
03-26-09, 03:10 AM
they don't... someone screwed up, but once it's up it doesn't come back down... that means someone actually made a mistake.

as for bootcamp black flag days, there aren't black flag days, it only means you get route stepped everywhere.... and drill practice gets canceled cause too much time on the grinder wears you out... and you get to drink an extra canteen of water every hour!!!

had a black flag day my ass.... the sun just came out from behind the clouds is all.

CplDay
03-28-09, 04:51 AM
Hello all,

A new Marine (a PFC) came in to the recruiting office today while on leave and was talking to our recruiter about black flag days in boot camp but I was packing backpacks for a hump and knowledge study session so did not hear the whole conversation...I leave in June and I know it has to do with heat but does anyone have specifics, like if we have a black flag day will that push our graduation date back? How hot does it have to be for one of these and what do you do on the days you have them? Thanks for the information you provide again, I really do appreciate this site and can't wait for the day I will hopefully get to lend a hand in offering up my own information on the beloved Corps.

Blak flag day has more to do with the humidity then the temparature. and no it will not push your graduation day back, it's just damn good training

Hayes
03-28-09, 04:57 AM
If your from Okinawa you know that everyday there is a Black Flag, no joke. I have never seen it go below yellow. Regardless we PT'd every morning. Lost alot of weight that way ha. Although you look like you just got out of the pool when your done.

Petz
03-28-09, 11:38 AM
the wetter the better!!!