PDA

View Full Version : Intel jobs for Reservist?

Alpha90
02-16-09, 03:20 PM
Good day Marines,

I'm currently in an 0811 MOS, Field Artillery, going into the 92-day Reservist program(keeping the possibility for PLC open.) My current plan is to lat-move into an 02xx field after I finish college(at least 3 more years.) However, I'm questioning the logic of taking a job that I know I don't want to do for a very long period of time.

Therefore, my question is this: Is it possible to work in an intelligence MOS as a reservist? If so, it would require me to take a semester of college off, as the MOS school at Dam Neck, VA is a bit longer than my summer, and therefore would cut into school time.

Any advice or thoughts are highly appreciated,
Ken.

UsmcMotorT
02-18-09, 06:34 PM
Good day Marines,

I'm currently in an 0811 MOS, Field Artillery, going into the 92-day Reservist program(keeping the possibility for PLC open.) My current plan is to lat-move into an 02xx field after I finish college(at least 3 more years.) However, I'm questioning the logic of taking a job that I know I don't want to do for a very long period of time.

Therefore, my question is this: Is it possible to work in an intelligence MOS as a reservist? If so, it would require me to take a semester of college off, as the MOS school at Dam Neck, VA is a bit longer than my summer, and therefore would cut into school time.

Any advice or thoughts are highly appreciated,
Ken.

Yes it is possible to be in the 02xx mos as a reservist. However, from all the information i have gathered you have to be a Corporal or a Sgt to become an 0211. From the 0211 pamphlet I got (a ssgt was trying to recruit me) you will be deployed the majority of the time. Google usmc mos 0211 reservist.