PDA

View Full Version : Back from Mojave Viper

HurricaneRJ
02-16-09, 01:09 PM
Just had the most miserable 30 days of my life out in the Mojave Desert.

Learned a lot of things for upcoming deployment to Al Taqaddum Airbase.

1/8 was one of the best Bn, the Coyote's have seen in awhile. Kicked ass on 410-A and 400. We also went through the new PME of Mojave Viper, it puts Afghanistan and Iraq combined. Just sucked being in Winter storms, and on top of the highest moutains with below freezing temperatues.

Leaving next month for Iraq:mad:. Would much rather be going to the real warzone, but I guess you need Marine grunts (who by the way, since 1775 suck at being in a defensive posture!) need to protect Al-Asad and TQ airbases.

Hey Woody, our brothers in 2/8 are in en route to your pos. Stay frosty, and don't worry, spring time in coming. We'll hold down the forts in Iraq.

Semper Fi' bros.

(http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/al-taqaddum.htm)

lavgunman
02-16-09, 01:36 PM
From the words of an old 1/8 Bn commander, 1/8 always finds something do in a combat enviroment. We make history.
Col Hough 26th Meu 2003

Achped
02-17-09, 04:04 AM
Hey man TQ is nice, and the girls on Al Asad are cuter than those in J-ville thats for sure....well II MEF just took over so the girls on al asad ARE the girls from J-ville lol but still, its not too bad...enjoy the skateness.

I gotta go though, I want to eat lunch at Pizza hut before we go to our water volleyball tournament...

PaidinBlood
02-17-09, 04:08 AM
Hey man TQ is nice, and the girls on Al Asad are cuter than those in J-ville thats for sure....well II MEF just took over so the girls on al asad ARE the girls from J-ville lol but still, its not too bad...enjoy the skateness.

I gotta go though, I want to eat lunch at Pizza hut before we go to our water volleyball tournament...

just hope it goes better than normal volleyball...maybe you will outfin recon this time, Matt... :D