PDA

View Full Version : Discharge Certificate

nvusmcsgt
02-16-09, 10:52 AM
I am not sure if this is the right spot for this post but here goes. I got out of the Corps in 2001 after six years of honorable service. I remember being told that after you complete your inactive...

0231Marine
02-16-09, 11:01 AM
You might want to try and contact MOBCOM to see if they can issue you one. I'm still finishing my 3 years inactive service in IRR after my 5 years active so hopefully I'll get my certificate next year!

nvusmcsgt
02-16-09, 11:11 AM
You might want to try and contact MOBCOM to see if they can issue you one. I'm still finishing my 3 years inactive service in IRR after my 5 years active so hopefully I'll get my certificate next year!
Would you happen to have any contact info for them?

0231Marine
02-16-09, 11:16 AM
Stand By

0231Marine
02-16-09, 11:18 AM
http://mobcom.mfr.usmc.mil/MOBCOM.asp

https://mobcom.mfr.usmc.mil/Misc/MOBCOM%20KEY%20STAFF%20PHONE%20NUMBERS.doc

nvusmcsgt
02-16-09, 11:21 AM
http://mobcom.mfr.usmc.mil/MOBCOM.asp

https://mobcom.mfr.usmc.mil/Misc/MOBCOM%20KEY%20STAFF%20PHONE%20NUMBERS.doc
Great thanks. I will give this a shot. I appreciate the help.
Semper Fi

mcvet57103
02-16-09, 01:24 PM
Had mine framed and hanging on the wall since Dec 1980. The one certificate I am very proud of. Got it in the mail about a month after the end of my IRR status. SF

nvusmcsgt
02-17-09, 10:50 AM
I sent them a email so we will see what happens. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Or has anyone else gone through this as well? I really would like to get mine.

davblay
02-17-09, 11:06 AM
They generally mail those to your "last known home of record". If you moved and did not keep them informed, they mailed it with instructions to "do not forward". I guess they figure that if you want yours you'll contact them eventually.

I think that if you will look at your release from active duty papers, you'll find a statement that you are responsible to keep them updated as to your current address. Most of us don't hear, read or remember that though, but it is there. I'd say it's probably tucked away in your file somewhere in the archives now.

Oh and rest assured, you will get it.

Semper Fi,

Dave

KawiGunny
02-17-09, 12:21 PM
I have two certificates hanging on my wall. All the rest are in my "I love me" book. The two certificates are my dads Honorable discharge (Marine Corps) and My final one from when I retired. Next to...

mcvet57103
02-17-09, 12:26 PM
Holly deja vu Gunny!! You just described my office wall. Only difference is I don't have Pa's dog tags. LOL SF

KawiGunny
02-17-09, 12:50 PM
Holly deja vu Gunny!! You just described my office wall. Only difference is I don't have Pa's dog tags. LOL SF

I had a good friend of mine come by the house several months ago when he was in town for a meeting. He saw it and liked it. He found one of those "GI Joe" stores and they had some replica tags that was used back when his dad served. He got his dads info and had a set made. They aren't the origional but they will serve the purpose.

mcvet57103
02-17-09, 01:30 PM
I had a good friend of mine come by the house several months ago when he was in town for a meeting. He saw it and liked it. He found one of those "GI Joe" stores and they had some replica tags that was used back when his dad served. He got his dads info and had a set made. They aren't the origional but they will serve the purpose.I have a BW picture of my Dad's ITR from 1954 that's about 30 inches long, 12 inches tall, and if you look close you will see that the whole top row is laughing. That's because the picture was taken with a camera that panned the platoon, and the guy on the left end, once out of frame ran around the back and is standing on the right end. Pretty funny. Dad used to point that out when showing off the picture. I'll check into that dog tag thing Thanks.

Sgt Jim
02-17-09, 05:42 PM
I got a picture of Richard Nixon with my discharge certificates (HON.). whan am i supposed to do with it?

nvusmcsgt
02-17-09, 06:01 PM
They generally mail those to your "last known home of record". If you moved and did not keep them informed, they mailed it with instructions to "do not forward". I guess they figure that if you want yours you'll contact them eventually.

I think that if you will look at your release from active duty papers, you'll find a statement that you are responsible to keep them updated as to your current address. Most of us don't hear, read or remember that though, but it is there. I'd say it's probably tucked away in your file somewhere in the archives now.

Oh and rest assured, you will get it.

Semper Fi,

Dave
My reserve obligation termination date was August 11 2002. My mailing address after separation did not change until 2005. Everything was current and I still did not get it. I owned the house that I separated to so everything had been current. I just need to find out who I can contact to get it. I have all of my DD-214 forms and all of the rest of my separation paperwork also.

mcvet57103
02-17-09, 07:15 PM
Scan it into photo shop, crop his picture, blow it up, and use it for target practice. SF

Zebra29er
02-17-09, 08:33 PM
I sent them a email so we will see what happens. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Or has anyone else gone through this as well? I really would like to get mine.

Keep us up to date if you will please sir , i would like to get mine as I was moving around alot from 68 to 75 and never gave em an address.

02-17-09, 10:11 PM
KawiGunny and mcvet, you need one of these (just like mine).........

KawiGunny
02-19-09, 07:50 AM
KawiGunny and mcvet, you need one of these (just like mine).........

Your right ..... I do need one of those. Where can I get one?

02-19-09, 09:29 AM
Sgt. Grit, at grunt.com.