PDA

View Full Version : Speeding, Parking Tickets on Rise

jetdawgg
02-14-09, 08:49 AM
Drivers across the country, beware — a heftier fine could be coming to a dashboard near you. Faced with rising deficits and dwindling revenues, many states and local municipalities are turning to...

OLE SARG
02-14-09, 08:58 PM
All of california is going to ****e ----------- Arnold has screwed up again, boxer is one of their fvcked up senators, bones pelosi lives there and that really fvcks things up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Screwed up people in a screwed up state!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

hrscowboy
02-15-09, 04:00 AM
Dawg and in kansas they are even charging the party extra if you smart off to the officer and he has to tazer ya, and if you start hollorin junk like i know my rights your gonna get a night stick...

jetdawgg
02-15-09, 05:39 PM
http://soc.orrick.us/35.jpg

hrscowboy
02-15-09, 11:43 PM
Were did i put my tazer again..

nvusmcsgt
02-16-09, 10:47 AM
It all comes down to this. If you speed you are breaking a law. If you park illegally you are breaking a law. If you break a law then you need to pay the price. Don't break the law and you will not get a ticket. If you want to speed then be ready to pay the price if you get caught. I know in Nevada they can write you a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for that, but the opprotunity is there. I hope the cops start writing more tickets because there are some idiots out there that should not even be allowed to drive.

Petz
02-16-09, 11:01 AM
seriously! it's ok to issue tickets if you do the wrong thing, but when the raise the price of those tickets, that's a problem.

it's obviously a point to collect money... that's not the purpose of police.

to issue tickets at a lower cost that we plebes can afford is ok... they should just issue them to EVERYONE and not just the one ticket a day crap...

seriously this is like when they raised the cost of a ticket to $1000 for speeding in a construction zone and kept the cones at the side of the road months after the contruction has been completed (it's legally still a construction zone) just to make people pay the money.

all government is corrupt... they're only interested in paying bills and keeping costs to a minimum... so they say one ticket a shift and raise the penalties... when they should be saying (which can't be construed as gouging the public) every infraction you witness you WILL write a ticket, you will pull over everyone you suspect of reckless driving, blah blah blah.... that I'm ok with... not this abuse of municipalities.

I don't pay my taxes to get harassed and extorted.

jetdawgg
02-17-09, 08:59 AM
This past week in Northern Md, they were out in full force stopping cars on I 95 North and South, particularly in the evening hours.

nvusmcsgt
02-17-09, 06:06 PM
seriously! it's ok to issue tickets if you do the wrong thing, but when the raise the price of those tickets, that's a problem.

to issue tickets at a lower cost that we plebes can afford is ok... they should just issue them to EVERYONE and not just the one ticket a day crap...

seriously this is like when they raised the cost of a ticket to $1000 for speeding in a construction zone and kept the cones at the side of the road months after the contruction has been completed (it's legally still a construction zone) just to make people pay the money.

all government is corrupt... they're only interested in paying bills and keeping costs to a minimum... so they say one ticket a shift and raise the penalties... when they should be saying (which can't be construed as gouging the public) every infraction you witness you WILL write a ticket, you will pull over everyone you suspect of reckless driving, blah blah blah.... that I'm ok with... not this abuse of municipalities.

So if what your saying about all govt. being corrupt, then you are saying the military is corrupt? Hmmm. Or are you saying all local govt is corrupt?

Petz
02-18-09, 09:59 AM
all local government.

fallfast90
02-19-09, 09:00 AM

Here is the thing though. If we wrote tickets to everyone we saw breaking the law (traffic wise), the general public itself would be in a uproar. There is soo much that we don't pull people over for, and when we do we don't issue. That doesn't even take into account the judges. I was in court yesterday, and one of the traffic task force guys said that he got a speeding ticket thrown out that he wrote. He said the judge said "Well, you were probably speeding, but i am going to let you off this time." So the defendent got off without anything. Trust me, you don't want us to pull over every infraction we see....

Petz
02-19-09, 10:19 AM
it's a matter of the dangerous stuff, not a tail light being out... seriously, if you work in a city and you camp out enough you'll start seeing the same vehicles...

what I'm trying to point out is the parking violations, dangerous speeds, reckless driving... hell, speeding really should be dealt with by cameras... police should be dealing with REAL issues like murders and theft that REALLY disrupt society...

KawiGunny
02-19-09, 10:25 AM
It all comes down to this. If you speed you are breaking a law. If you park illegally you are breaking a law. If you break a law then you need to pay the price. Don't break the law and you will not get a ticket. If you want to speed then be ready to pay the price if you get caught. I know in Nevada they can write you a ticket for going 1 MPH over the speed limit. I have never heard of anyone getting a ticket for that, but the opprotunity is there. I hope the cops start writing more tickets because there are some idiots out there that should not even be allowed to drive.

Since I got a parking ticket in Afghanistan and never went to see the PMO guys, does that mean I can't drive in that country again? :D And yes, those idiots did put a parking ticket on my tactical vehicle when I was over there because I parked on the side of the road on base.

Petz
02-19-09, 10:33 AM
that's retarded.... was that ticket meant for the government? 'cause it's not your vehicle... most state laws make it the owner of the vehicle responsible for tickets issued to the vehicle....

KawiGunny
02-19-09, 10:36 AM
that's retarded.... was that ticket meant for the government? 'cause it's not your vehicle... most state laws make it the owner of the vehicle responsible for tickets issued to the vehicle....

It was writen by an Army MP. I guess he had his quota to fill also. I kept that ticket. It is in a small frame on my dresser at home. I thought it was funny. Besides..... how many people can say they got a parking ticket in Afghanistan?

Petz
02-19-09, 10:41 AM
not many... I'd probably frame it as you did but put it on my wall at work for all the Marines to laugh at how silly the Army is.

mcvet57103
02-19-09, 11:35 AM
Here is the thing though. If we wrote tickets to everyone we saw breaking the law (traffic wise), the general public itself would be in a uproar. There is soo much that we don't pull people over for, and when we do we don't issue. That doesn't even take into account the judges. I was in court yesterday, and one of the traffic task force guys said that he got a speeding ticket thrown out that he wrote. He said the judge said "Well, you were probably speeding, but i am going to let you off this time." So the defendent got off without anything. Trust me, you don't want us to pull over every infraction we see....Used to live in a small town here,and we had a rookie cop hired who grew up in the area. He started writing tickets for every violation he saw. Didn't matter if it was a middle class Joe Schmoe, or one of the city big shots. Used to be the big shots got away with anything. Needless to say, he didn't last long. Went right back to the way it was. I personally witnessed one of the local business owners/council members stagger out of a bar, fumble with his keys, get behind the wheel in full sight of the cop, and drive away without fear of being arrested. No different in the bigger cities either. Power has it's privileges. The only ones who will be paying is the everyday Joe Schmoe.

mcvet57103
02-19-09, 11:39 AM
It was writen by an Army MP. I guess he had his quota to fill also. I kept that ticket. It is in a small frame on my dresser at home. I thought it was funny. Besides..... how many people can say they got a parking ticket in Afghanistan?That's some funny Chit there. LMAO!!!

hrscowboy
02-19-09, 06:47 PM
Here in Kansas we have stopped writin tickets we just tazer your arse just to see how ya like it and if you can handle it. and if you do handle it then you get the ticket and lose some money..

mcvet57103
02-19-09, 06:57 PM
Here in Kansas we have stopped writin tickets we just tazer your arse just to see how ya like it and if you can handle it. and if you do handle it then you get the ticket and lose some money..Hell you old Kansonians tazer yourselves just for the rush.:banana:

hrscowboy
02-19-09, 07:07 PM
Heck try Missouri State Highway Patrol we dont hold a candle to those Troopers....

mcvet57103
02-19-09, 07:57 PM
A Kansas State trooper pulled a car over on I-70 about 2 miles West of the Kansas/Missouri State line. When the trooper asked the driver why he was speeding, the driver said he was a Magician and Juggler and was on his way to Kansas City, Mo to do a show at the Shrine Circus. He didn't want to be late.

The trooper told the driver he was fascinated by juggling and said if the driver would do a little juggling for him then he wouldn't give him a ticket. He told the trooper he had sent his equipment ahead and didn't have anything to juggle. The trooper said he had some flares in the trunk and asked if he could juggle them. The juggler said he could, so the trooper got 5 flares, lit them and handed them to him.

While the man was juggling, a car pulled in behind the patrol car. A drunken good old boy from Kansas got out, watched the performance, then went over to the patrol car, opened the rear door and got in. The trooper observed him and went over to the patrol car, opened the door asking the drunk what he thought he was doing.

The drunk replied, 'You might as well take my ass to jail, cause there ain't no way I can pass that test.'

hrscowboy
02-20-09, 09:01 AM
hahahahahahaha

Marine1955
02-27-09, 09:14 AM
A Kansas State trooper pulled a car over on I-70 about 2 miles West of the Kansas/Missouri State line. When the trooper asked the driver why he was speeding, the driver said he was a Magician and Juggler and was on his way to Kansas City, Mo to do a show at the Shrine Circus. He didn't want to be late.

The trooper told the driver he was fascinated by juggling and said if the driver would do a little juggling for him then he wouldn't give him a ticket. He told the trooper he had sent his equipment ahead and didn't have anything to juggle. The trooper said he had some flares in the trunk and asked if he could juggle them. The juggler said he could, so the trooper got 5 flares, lit them and handed them to him.

While the man was juggling, a car pulled in behind the patrol car. A drunken good old boy from Kansas got out, watched the performance, then went over to the patrol car, opened the rear door and got in. The trooper observed him and went over to the patrol car, opened the door asking the drunk what he thought he was doing.

The drunk replied, 'You might as well take my ass to jail, cause there ain't no way I can pass that test.'

that is f*cking funny!!! i can only imagine a drunk tring to do that. damn that was funny..
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/th_Speeding_Car.gif (http://s588.photobucket.com/albums/ss329/marine1955_2009/?action=view&current=Speeding_Car.gif)

Petz
02-27-09, 09:47 AM

is this for real, or did you just put in the locations??

this is funny.

mcvet57103
02-27-09, 09:55 AM
is this for real, or did you just put in the locations??

this is funny.It was a joke story sent to me via e-mail. I just posted it because I thought it was funny. SF

Petz
02-27-09, 09:58 AM
I'm always hoping some of these stories are at least slightly based on a true story.... I suppose I'm an optimist.

mcvet57103
02-27-09, 10:03 AM
I'm always hoping some of these stories are at least slightly based on a true story.... I suppose I'm an optimist.You want to see some stupi people, go to Google search, and google stupid stunts, or drivers, or people etc etc. You wouldn't believe some things people will do to get attention, or in some cases are just plain brain dead. I watched for over an hour. Funny stuff, and disturbing also. SF

ggyoung
02-27-09, 10:23 AM
Here in Utah the state has raised the speed limit to 80MPH on some streaches of I-15. Just don't go over the limit or your butt belongs to the UHP.

Petz
02-27-09, 12:16 PM
they just threw out government money for their roads....

I'm proud of your state for standing up to the feds.

Zulu 36
02-27-09, 12:36 PM
At my old department, we did not have ticket quotas. They let us write as many tickets as we wanted. :D

One officer on my department wrote a ticket to somebody, and the motorist was b*tching at the officer, "Well, I guess that's just one more toward your quota, huh?"

The officer replied, "Yep, one more ticket this week and I win a toaster."

The motorist took him seriously and made a complaint to the chief - who, of course, was dumbfounded at the accusation. The officer admitted saying the toaster comment to the chief, who just laughed and told him not to say that any more.

mcvet57103
02-27-09, 12:55 PM
At my old department, we did not have ticket quotas. They let us write as many tickets as we wanted. :D

One officer on my department wrote a ticket to somebody, and the motorist was b*tching at the officer, "Well, I guess that's just one more toward your quota, huh?"

The officer replied, "Yep, one more ticket this week and I win a toaster."

The motorist took him seriously and made a complaint to the chief - who, of course, was dumbfounded at the accusation. The officer admitted saying the toaster comment to the chief, who just laughed and told him not to say that any more.Once had a South Dakota Trooper clock me in a car I didn't own, and wasn't familiar with, (was Dad's car) that had a faulty speedometer that registered 10 mph slower than you were going. Turned around gave chase, and as he was coming up behind me, a car pulled out of a bar parking lot right in front of me. I had to swerve to miss t-boning the drunk. Then he almost ran the trooper off the road as he passed him coming after me. Long story short, I got the ticket, the drunk got off scot free. As he was writing me the ticket, I was cussing him out for not pulling over the drunk, and he was so worried he called back-up. When he started to try to explain how stopping a car for 10 mph over and letting a drunk go, I told him the shut the f-ck up and just give me the ticket. Small town, he knew who I was. Knew the driver of the other car. The drunk was a local big shot. Sorry for the long winded diatribe, that was 30 years ago and still pzzes me off. Don't get me started on qoutas. I'm an old Long Haul Trucker, not many highway cops I respect when it comes to fairness. I'll leave it at that. SF