PDA

View Full Version : MP Officer vs. Enlisted

tripletgirl101
02-13-09, 04:17 PM
I want to be an MP, but what is the big difference between being a military police officer vs. being an enlisted MP? I know there is a big difference between enlisted and officers but for a military police officer are they the boss, do they do less stuff, what exactly?

Thank you for your time! ;)
Also, I did not know if I should've capitalized officer, enlisted, and military polices. Please tell me if I should've.

giveen
02-13-09, 04:30 PM
Honestly, from my experience, I only saw enlisted PMO driving in the cars, making arrests, etc.

The officers were back at the office doing paperwork.

tripletgirl101
02-13-09, 04:38 PM
Honestly, from my experience, I only saw enlisted PMO driving in the cars, making arrests, etc.

The officers were back at the office doing paperwork.

Oh good. :( Because I was planning on becoming an officer, as my parents are already killing me for even considering joing the Marines, and being enlisted will not be pretty. If that makes sense. Everyone in my family has been an Air Force officer.... you see my dilema. :evilgrin:

giveen
02-13-09, 04:54 PM
I would say go enlisted :)

tripletgirl101
02-13-09, 04:56 PM
I would say go enlisted :)

So would I, but you don't know my parents. ;)

giveen
02-13-09, 05:10 PM
What are they going to do? Disown you?

Petz
02-13-09, 05:22 PM
my parents didn't want me to join, but I did anyway.

I would attempt the route of going officer... if you find it's not for you or you get cut, you still have active duty waiting for you. talk to the local officer recruiter to get information... the ROTC programs will even help you out if you get into a Navy/Marine ROTC program.

tripletgirl101
02-13-09, 05:27 PM
What are they going to do? Disown you?

Oh yeah. They are about disowning me now for considering the Marines. My family is very much so Air Force and nothing else. :mad:

Old Marine
02-13-09, 05:48 PM
The pay scale is the same for all the Military,some jujst live better than the others. All depends if you likelivingin a fighting hole, or a nice building, or eating rations or food in the mess hall while deployed to the sandbox.

Petz
02-13-09, 05:53 PM
Oh yeah. They are about disowning me now for considering the Marines. My family is very much so Air Force and nothing else. :mad:

well no one can force you to do something you aren't willing to do in the first place... Maybe you really do want the AirForce.

richerich
02-13-09, 06:02 PM
But Gunny, there's nothing like being a Marine. That pride doesn't translate to other services.

The pay scale is the same for all the Military,some jujst live better than the others. All depends if you likelivingin a fighting hole, or a nice building, or eating rations or food in the mess hall while deployed to the sandbox.

Petz
02-13-09, 06:19 PM
he's not the one you need to be telling that to... he's just being supportive... gunnies do that.

tripletgirl101
02-13-09, 08:16 PM
well no one can force you to do something you aren't willing to do in the first place... Maybe you really do want the AirForce.

Maybe. But I honestly don't think so, I am a people pleaser and the last thing I want to do is upset my family. But I need to learn that I have to live for myself and God, nobody else.

tripletgirl101
02-13-09, 08:18 PM
But Gunny, there's nothing like being a Marine. That pride doesn't translate to other services.

That is why I love the Marine Corp, because no other service is like it. ;)

Petz
02-13-09, 09:56 PM
Maybe. But I honestly don't think so, I am a people pleaser and the last thing I want to do is upset my family. But I need to learn that I have to live for myself and God, nobody else.

you'll look like an ass kiss if you keep acting that way... you'll have your boss/SSgt taking it easy on you... or hard. all the while your fellow co-workers/Marines will hate you... or laugh.

so basically I'm telling you that being a "people pleaser" is a character flaw you should eradicate now and deal with a few un happy family members rather than dealing with pain and dis-satisfaction in life.

I hope this helps to screw the light bulb in... now you just need to flip the switch.... or in other words, what are YOU going to do?

tripletgirl101
02-14-09, 09:37 AM
you'll look like an ass kiss if you keep acting that way... you'll have your boss/SSgt taking it easy on you... or hard. all the while your fellow co-workers/Marines will hate you... or laugh.

so basically I'm telling you that being a "people pleaser" is a character flaw you should eradicate now and deal with a few un happy family members rather than dealing with pain and dis-satisfaction in life.

I hope this helps to screw the light bulb in... now you just need to flip the switch.... or in other words, what are YOU going to do?

Hmmm, thank you. I never thought of it that way. I will try to get it over my "flaw."

I like your whole "screw in the light bulb" analogy. :banana: Thank you.

Petz
02-14-09, 10:10 AM
it's not a "flaw" it's a flaw. People will when exposed to you enough start to take advantage of you with this character trait. I suggest you take it a bit more serious if you do believe you are a "people pleaser".

tripletgirl101
02-14-09, 10:52 AM
it's not a "flaw" it's a flaw. People will when exposed to you enough start to take advantage of you with this character trait. I suggest you take it a bit more serious if you do believe you are a "people pleaser".

Hmmm you're right. Thank you.

Petz
02-15-09, 11:33 AM
no problem.