PDA

View Full Version : What determines your orders?

SEANstaah
02-12-09, 04:21 PM
I should be receiving my orders within the next several weeks. I'm a 6114 here at CNATT MARUNIT in Camp Pendleton. I'll be assigned to a Squadron either here in Pendleton, or in New River, NC. I requested West Coast, and home of record is in San Diego, CA, so I'm real nervous to find out where I'll be going.

Anyone ever work with assigning orders? What determines where you'll be going? Thanks a lot.

CRASH CORPORAL
02-12-09, 04:36 PM
Truth is you'll be goin where the Marine Corps needs you the most.

GSEMarine94
02-12-09, 04:44 PM
I requested West Coast, and home of record is in San Diego, CA, so I'm real nervous to find out where I'll be going.

Enjoy NC, I was a 6072, requested West coast as well, home of record was Northern Caly, and spent my entire enlistment at MCAS New River, Jacksonville NC.

nvusmcsgt
02-12-09, 05:27 PM
When I put in for orders I wanted to go to the east coast, but was stationed at MCAS Miramar in San Diego the whole time. I think they pull stations out of a hat, and whatever they pick that is where you go. But honestly I have no true answer for you.

Phantom Blooper
02-12-09, 06:03 PM
I think they pull stations out of a hat, and whatever they pick that is where you go.

In my experience a Dart Board

But honestly I have no true answer for you.

Me either.....but hope you get what you want..........maybe you can slip your personnel/orders clerk a few bucks!

:evilgrin:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Covey_Rider
02-12-09, 06:18 PM
I think that "a dart board" is probably going to be the best explanation out there haha. Somebody somewhere has a list showing numbers Marines at different units I guess...so if they need PFC's then they'll send some. That's about the best guess I can make.