PDA

View Full Version : The First "Roo-ah"

Sparrowhawk
06-22-03, 12:42 PM
Early this morning as I begin to think about what Roberto had posted on the tread, wrbones started,

"I'm gonna rant fer a minute.... "

I came across these words, where God is describing to Job the creation of the world.

Job 38:1-7
Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge?

3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

4 "Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.

5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?

6 On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-

7 while the morning stars sang together
and <b>all the angels shouted for joy? </b>
(from New International Version)

The Hebrew word used is "ruwa" which means not only to shout, but to shout with joy.

ruwa` (roo-ah'); a primitive root; to mar (especially by breaking); figuratively, to split the ears (with sound), i.e. shout (for alarm or joy):

KJV - blow an alarm, cry (alarm, aloud, out), destroy, make a joyful noise, smart, shout (for joy), sound an alarm, triumph.
(Biblesoft's New Exhaustive Strong's Numbers and Concordance with Expanded Greek-Hebrew Dictionary. Copyright (c) 1994, Biblesoft and International Bible Translators, Inc.)

(Interlinear Transliterated Bible. Copyright (c) 1994 by Biblesoft)

So, it seems the first <i><b>roo-ah,</b></i> was shouted in the heavens and angels were the first Marines.

Just thought I'll share that separately

thedrifter
06-22-03, 01:18 PM
Thanks for sharing Cook.....

Sempers,

Roger

"Moreover, it is required of stewards that a man be found faithful," (I Cor.4:2).

There are some beings in this world that can reach beyond imagination into a collective source of creativity. To go beyond the lines of realism and fiction and grasp the magic's in thoughts and emotions. To see with the eyes of Gods, and love with the heart of Man. -Unknown

To ERR is human, to FORGIVE divine. HOWEVER, neither is Marine Corps Policy. -Anonymous

Devildogg4ever
06-23-03, 05:41 AM
It should make Marines feel good to know where it started!
It can't get any better then that. :)

Also, should answer any doubt., God must have been a Marine! :D