PDA

View Full Version : Tuition Assistance

slider1578
02-10-09, 10:58 AM
Hi,

If I used TA for a few classes but had to drop one and now owe the GOV money am I still able to sign up for more classes. I haven't used my allotted $4500 for this fiscal year. I am confused about this because last semester they let me register for one class instead of my usual two because I owed. Now they will not let me sign up for anything because I still owe for that one class. Does anyone actually know the policy for this or and order I can read up on?

Artemis
02-10-09, 11:02 AM
You will be able to use the rest of your TA after you pay back what you owe the government for that dropped class. The same thing applies if you fail a class.

nvusmcsgt
02-10-09, 12:46 PM
check with the school VA rep. A buddy of mine was paid for a month out of his GI Bill but did not attend class. The VA said he had to pay it back so he talked to them and they worked out a deal. They let him go to school for a extra month without paying him and they after that they started paying again. So he actually did not have to send them money, they just did not pay for a month. The only thing is you will have to pay for that portion of the class out of your own pocket.

Artemis
02-10-09, 01:57 PM
His situation is different because it is TA and he is on active duty. Talking to the VA rep will not do him any good since he is not using his G.I. Bill.