PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Wieght/Muscle Mass

napalm
02-09-09, 10:15 PM
i'm a fairly small person for my age about 110 and 5 foot and i need help gaining wieght but i don't want to take any of that chocolate stuff that you buy in minrel(?) stores that you mix with your drink and stuff, i would greatly appreciate(?) your help. thank you.

MarinesFTW
02-09-09, 10:21 PM
Protein shakes are very good and i love using them while i lift, it does help you improve a bit faster but thats just my opinion.

P00LEE
02-09-09, 11:54 PM
if you want to gain weight, go to a vitamin shop and buy some protein powder or weight gainer. If the chocolate stuff your talking about is protein powder, and you dont want to use it just eat tons of protein and carbs and lift hard. Make sure you get the protein after you work out to rebuild your muscles.

Pete0331
02-10-09, 12:08 AM
i'm a fairly small person for my age about 110 and 5 foot and i need help gaining wieght but i don't want to take any of that chocolate stuff that you buy in minrel(?) stores that you mix with your drink and stuff, i would greatly appreciate(?) your help. thank you.

Change of diet is the only alternative if you don't want to take supplements.

Lean meats, turkey, chicken, or fish.
Nuts, peanuts in particular.
Flaxseed.
Avocados.

200 grams of protein or so a day.

napalm
02-10-09, 11:41 AM
ok, thanks for all of your input

Chumley
02-10-09, 01:12 PM
At your age I couldn't gain a pound if I tried. I ate like a horse, but I burned it all and then some too. I went to Boot at 145lbs and left at 145lbs.

Keep eating very healthy, and work on building your muscle mass. Muscle is dense = heavy. You need your cardio PT, but in order to bulk up, you'll need to only do cardio 3 days a week and work the weights 4 days a week. Do lower reps with more weight/resistance - WITHIN YOUR LIMITS and BUILD UP GRADUALLY. Also, you don't need a gym to do Push-Ups, lunges, or crunches. For the weight training days, keep your pace slower. Take your time and make your technique perfect.

Don't expect overnight results. It takes weeks, months, years - a true work in progress.

Good luck!
C

NoRemorse
02-10-09, 01:20 PM
At your age I couldn't gain a pound if I tried. I ate like a horse, but I burned it all and then some too. I went to Boot at 145lbs and left at 145lbs.

Keep eating very healthy, and work on building your muscle mass. Muscle is dense = heavy. You need your cardio PT, but in order to bulk up, you'll need to only do cardio 3 days a week and work the weights 4 days a week. Do lower reps with more weight/resistance - WITHIN YOUR LIMITS and BUILD UP GRADUALLY. Also, you don't need a gym to do Push-Ups, lunges, or crunches. For the weight training days, keep your pace slower. Take your time and make your technique perfect.

Don't expect overnight results. It takes weeks, months, years - a true work in progress.

Good luck!
C

Send that poolee some chili, Chumley. That'll get him growin real quick :banana:

Chumley
02-10-09, 01:29 PM
Send that poolee some chili, Chumley. That'll get him growin real quick :banana:

Do you think I should get Chumley's Chili into the MRE menu??? :beer:

napalm
02-10-09, 02:10 PM

Good luck!
C

i'll get right on that

Chumley
02-10-09, 02:22 PM
i'll get right on that

You're welcome.

Patriot34
02-11-09, 08:48 AM

Don't really want to know what that is....:bunny:

NoRemorse
02-11-09, 09:19 AM
Do you think I should get Chumley's Chili into the MRE menu??? :beer:

Could be dangerous. You don't want Marines on the front falling out due to a food coma. We should save it for the Warrior's Breakfast and for hot chow after patrols.:marine:

As for you poolees, you guys should concentrate on enunciating "Marine Corps!!!" with a mouth guard in your suck.

Louder, faster!!!

Louder, faster, Aye sir!!!

z1411
02-15-09, 03:06 AM

Good luck!
C

Like he said, its terribly hard to gain weight for some people. I know it has been for me. I remember trying to gain weight for two months about two years ago, and the results were a loss of five pounds.

Im now nearly six foot tall, and about a a month and a half to two months ago I was 128 pounds... So I started trying to gain weight again. Ive been eating lots and lots of carbs, and drinking two to three protein drinks a day, and lifting weights pretty much constantly. Not following any sort of specific diet, like I probably should be, just eating as much as I can and lifting a bunch. Im now 155lbs, but still pretty much a stick, so Im still trying to gain some more. Theres probably better, more strict diets, that might have better results... But stuffing my face and drinking those protein drinks seem to be working for me. Good luck.

CplKJSpevak
02-15-09, 04:05 AM
. Do lower reps with more weight/resistance
C

for the bench (shoulders,chest,triceps)I've found reps at 6X (3 sets, spaced 5 min. apart) help me greatly....but if you go heavier for this (which is the point) wear a belt, wrist wrapped gloves help, and get spotted....this will make you a stronger person.

BigGunz90
02-15-09, 07:53 AM
There's a drink mix called MASS XXX at GNC or any other supplement store. Its not the chocolaty stuff you don't like and it really works. A good buddy of mine was about your size and in a matter of a few weeks he got pretty bulked up. Just a suggestion.

BigGunz90
02-15-09, 07:59 AM
ALSO, you also have to have weight training or you wont go anywhere. You gotta lift HEAVY. Do squats and lunges for lower body and bench (incline and non), curls, tricep push-downs, etc for upper body. Make sure to eat protein after you're workout. Also, incorporate carbs into your diet.

coltie52
02-16-09, 12:24 AM
Montser Milk, True mass, Mass XXX
monster milk tastes amazing if u make it with milk and leave it sit in the frigde for a couple hours mmhhmm yummy plus with milk its more calories

napalm
02-16-09, 06:35 AM
ok, thanks everyone

MattNC
02-16-09, 10:52 AM
Personally i wouldn't take any supplements. Like someone said above, lift, lift heavy, and lift often. To build muscle, you gotta tear it down first. Dead reps are good reps. Get a lifting partner, bench, squat, cling, and incline heavy weight. Always have a spotter with heavier weight though. Trust me, it'll put on weight.

coltie52
02-16-09, 12:31 PM
Personally i wouldn't take any supplements. Like someone said above, lift, lift heavy, and lift often. To build muscle, you gotta tear it down first. Dead reps are good reps. Get a lifting partner, bench, squat, cling, and incline heavy weight. Always have a spotter with heavier weight though. Trust me, it'll put on weight.
Okay this little genious is right one the weight lifting but wrong on the supplements.
heres what u do.
weight lift 3 times a week thats it, but your going to be doing heavy weight, low reps. low reps as in 4 to 5 if that.
so lets say Monday you do Chest, triceps and abs. Tuesday u just do a little running, Wednesday hit the gym and do traps,deltoids, upper and lower back, and biceps.
Thursday just chill maybe do some up hill sprints some type of cardio.
Friday come back and do all legs.
while doing the heavy weights and having the days to rest up you are giving your body time to heal up and if u take True mass, monster milk or mass xxx your body is going to be able to heal that much faster.
but hey thats just me. im diong the opposite of you, im trying to cut so i do low weight high reps and run just about anywhere.