PDA

View Full Version : Supplements??

Kierstead
02-09-09, 10:05 PM
My friend Abe works out alot and he recommended trying some supplments to give me that edge. what do you guys think, good idea, bad, its not like i can use them in boot so why now?? postives/negatives. anything helps

Hamelink83
02-09-09, 10:37 PM
Use the roids man, you see how well it works for the baseball players, superstar status!

P00LEE
02-09-09, 11:51 PM
I use creatine, and glutamine they work pretty well to get a little stronger and gain some weight along with a few protein shakes a day. If your reffering to testosterone and stuff like that though, it will bulk you up temporarily and there are side effects. Not to mention its expensive as hell.

Tolerance
02-09-09, 11:57 PM
best site to go to: forums.bodybuilding.com

best advice to give you: STAY AWAY from Pro Hormones, Steroids, and Test boosters.

what I'd recommend for you to buy (if you wanted...)

-whey protein (after workouts)
-BCAA/Glutamine product (during/after)

all in all, you wont be able to use preworkout products or some designer supplements in bootcamp anyway, so WHY BOTHER?

the products I mentioned above are basically for muscle recovery, thats about it (and you will get these in bootcamp.... through your food at chow time!) :D

Pete0331
02-10-09, 12:13 AM
My friend Abe works out alot and he recommended trying some supplments to give me that edge. what do you guys think, good idea, bad, its not like i can use them in boot so why now?? postives/negatives. anything helps

I wouldn't recommend using supplements at all while preparing for Boot Camp.

A proper diet that you track daily and good workout is the best way.

As soon as guys get to the fleet supplements may be ok to use.

Start with the basics first: good diet, and workout schedule.
Then add supplements when you get to the fleet.

03xxPoolee
02-10-09, 12:56 AM
creatine also has horrible side effects. You need to ween yourself off of it not just suddenly stop taking it. Aswell as you DO NOT want to take it and not work out. Creatine is used to bulk up. Once you get where you want to be get the hell off of it. If you arent pushing yourself to get stronger and stronger and stronger and stronger , which you dont exactly want to do then you have no reason for creatine. What it does it put more of a natural substance into your muscle which gives you extra muscle build. Problem with it is as you start to stop taking it or arent working out as much that extra creatine and water it obsorbed before goes right back into your muscle sometimes causing people to become a big watery blob. Ive seen it with alot of people I played Varsity Football with as a freshmen who are now no longer playing sports in college and have become water blobs. I advise you get off that crap. As for supplements you cant use it in boot so really no point in using them now. * other then things that help muscle recovery while you work out preboot camp as they will just help you get stronger quicker *. Best thing to do now is eat well and stick with a daily pill for men that will give you vitamins and everything you need. Taking these now will help as it will get your body healthy which will then help in boot as they continue to make you a healthy Marine.

Good LUck

I use creatine, and glutamine they work pretty well to get a little stronger and gain some weight along with a few protein shakes a day. If your reffering to testosterone and stuff like that though, it will bulk you up temporarily and there are side effects. Not to mention its expensive as hell.

bmcccarthy
02-10-09, 08:05 AM
100% Whey Protein is your best bet. Real easy way to get more protein in your diet. The GNC brand is a good value, plus it doesn't taste that bad.

Artemis
02-10-09, 10:37 AM
It really is all about the right diet and exercise plan. You can use supplaments once you hit the fleet but be very careful about which ones you use. If anything I wuld suggest adding a good protein to your diet.

P00LEE
02-10-09, 01:13 PM
creatine also has horrible side effects. You need to ween yourself off of it not just suddenly stop taking it. Aswell as you DO NOT want to take it and not work out. Creatine is used to bulk up. Once you get where you want to be get the hell off of it. If you arent pushing yourself to get stronger and stronger and stronger and stronger , which you dont exactly want to do then you have no reason for creatine. What it does it put more of a natural substance into your muscle which gives you extra muscle build. Problem with it is as you start to stop taking it or arent working out as much that extra creatine and water it obsorbed before goes right back into your muscle sometimes causing people to become a big watery blob. Ive seen it with alot of people I played Varsity Football with as a freshmen who are now no longer playing sports in college and have become water blobs. I advise you get off that crap. As for supplements you cant use it in boot so really no point in using them now. * other then things that help muscle recovery while you work out preboot camp as they will just help you get stronger quicker *. Best thing to do now is eat well and stick with a daily pill for men that will give you vitamins and everything you need. Taking these now will help as it will get your body healthy which will then help in boot as they continue to make you a healthy Marine.

Good LUck

I doubt i will stop lifting any time soon, but i have been on and off of it since my freshman year and havent had any problems, like you said you just have to slowly stop using it and keep working out. But i have seen some of the water blobs you are talking about, they flat out quit using it and lifting all together though.

SGT7477
02-10-09, 04:34 PM
Get rid of all that garbage and do it the hard way, it might look impressive but in all reality no strength.

Kierstead
02-10-09, 11:20 PM
thanks everyone for the replies.. he was talking about some supplements called nano vapor and NO xplode. im havnt made a decision yet, more reserch at hand i guess.

rg2o3
02-11-09, 04:30 PM
I use supplements becuase I take lifting seriously, but they by no means take away the need for a proper diet, and supplements are not needed, you can have a proper diet and make gains a lot faster than anyone taking supps with a bad diet, and the two supps he is talking about nano vapor and NO xplode, are nitric oxide, which is a pre workout suppliment which I dont reccomend at a young age, we have plenty of energy. I do however reccomned a simple whey protein to recover your muscles after a work out. That and a strong good diet will be more than enough.

Tolerance
02-11-09, 07:26 PM
thanks everyone for the replies.. he was talking about some supplements called nano vapor and NO xplode. im havnt made a decision yet, more reserch at hand i guess.

the 2 worst/disliked ones in the whole "supplement" community lol.

as rg2o3 said... stay away from the preworkout "boosting" (nitric oxide) supplements. they arent needed and you wont have them in bootcamp.

if you ever do want a pre-workout drink though, atleast go for the 2 most reliable ones... superpump250 or NOShotgun :D

FOBU
02-11-09, 10:32 PM
just stay away from all that.do it the old fashion way,,proper diet and exercise
better to work on flexibility and speed anyway

MattNC
02-14-09, 02:31 PM
Don't look for the easy way around it. Do it the hard way. I've never done anything but added a little extra meat and peanut butter to my diet, I went from benching 135 last year, now I can rep 235. Trust me, you don't need supplements. The hard way is the best for you.

-poolee Matt.

SGT7477
02-14-09, 04:43 PM
Don't look for the easy way around it. Do it the hard way. I've never done anything but added a little extra meat and peanut butter to my diet, I went from benching 135 last year, now I can rep 235. Trust me, you don't need supplements. The hard way is the best for you.

-poolee Matt.
You got that right kid, I bench 400 and it was done the hard way.:evilgrin:

Tolerance
02-14-09, 09:49 PM
You got that right kid, I bench 400 and it was done the hard way.:evilgrin:

..... 400!? :scared: :thumbup: