PDA

View Full Version : 99% on full practice ASVAB:

thestatzman
02-09-09, 01:12 AM
Hello Marines and non Marine readers. I've taken the full practice ASVAB on mi-litary.com. I got a 91% the first time I took it, and then the second time I got a 99%. I followed the formula given to get the AFQT raw score. I followed the dirrections carefully just in case I got too over hyped from my score. What i want to know is. Would the chances of me getting a 99% on the official ASVAB be the same as the practice ASVAB test?

P.S.

I've timed the practice tests as they would be on the official test.

PaidinBlood
02-09-09, 08:21 AM
Good luck on the real thing. It's all for bragging rights since over 70 or 80 maybe(?) is all the same. Once your line scores start breaking certain limits it doesn't matter. Just remember I got a 99 and a 98 AFQT on the real thing and I didn't even finish high school 'til later.

Quinbo
02-09-09, 08:48 AM
I took that online test for grins. Didn't do to well LOL ... way back when it didn't seem that hard. Good job!

thestatzman
02-09-09, 12:14 PM
Thank you Lance Corporal and Sergeant. A while before I took these practice tests, I took the real thing and got a 26. I've studied very hard to get to this mark. I just want to be the best, and I'm willing to try my best to be apart of the best. Thank you for the replies.

giveen
02-09-09, 12:16 PM
I remember doing the test at MEPS, and laughing at how crappy I did on the motor T section.

I think I got a 96.

But I really dont care what your score is as long as you can do your job and not make me come over and walk your through every step.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 12:28 PM
Very true Corporal. I doubt I would have any troubles maintaining myself at work, but there's always times when someone needs help. I dont mind asking questions. ;)

Quinbo
02-09-09, 12:29 PM
In 1982 I took the ASVAB in my high school cafeteria along with every other student. My girlfriend and I swapped papers a couple times ;) All 4 branches had recruiters there.

giveen
02-09-09, 12:30 PM
Asking questions is good!

But I do believe there is stupid questions.

I've had Pfc's come up to me and ask how they were suppose to do the most basic of tasks they learned in school.

I'll still show them how, but then I will tell them i want a presentation by the end of the week on how to do that task and they will be teaching that class to everyone.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 12:31 PM
How did you do Sergeant? I mean, with the swapping of the papers and all. lol

Quinbo
02-09-09, 12:38 PM
There was a speed test portion where you had several rows of OOOOCOOOCOOOOOOOOOOOC you had to count the C's and pick an answer. It was I think a hundred questions and you had 10 minutes to complete that portion. She was better at that portion and I was better at math so while she was counting C's I was wrapping up the math portion of her test.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 12:38 PM
Yes sir, I do believe there are questions to be asked and questions that shouldn't. If i feel that you (person in general) should know the answer to the question asked. Also, if you just came out of school, Then there should be no reason for you not knowing the answer to the question.

0231Marine
02-09-09, 12:43 PM
But I do believe there is stupid questions.

There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people who ask questions.

However, there are people who can't spell properly and don't know what proper grammar is. Guess you skipped that MCI?

How about you go make a presentation and teach us all how to use spell check and proper sentence structure.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 12:47 PM
Ok, this is getting interesting. lol

0231Marine
02-09-09, 12:54 PM
I'm just asking you to do the same thing we ask of these poolee's. I didn't realize you were above typing coherent sentences. Why is it so difficult to check your spelling and grammar before you post something? I for one don't want to be sitting here trying to figure out what the hell you're trying to say.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 01:02 PM
:thumbup::thumbup: For entertainment

0231Marine
02-09-09, 01:03 PM
Grammar can vary from region to region. I was typing in a way to matches my way of speech.

And as for my spelling, it was perfect. I double checked.

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Grammar does not vary from region to region unless you're talking about a continental divide. I don't know where you're from but here in America, we all use the same standardized version of grammar.

Stop using speak and spell to check your grammar.

0231Marine
02-09-09, 01:04 PM
Sure if it makes you feel better about yourself talking down to people.
I guess thats what they teach in Intel, everyone else is stupid because they arent in Intel.

Because that's what I said right? <------Question mark incase you were wondering.

All I asked was that you follow the rules of the site. If you don't like that and take offense, then leave and don't let the door hit your cry baby ass on the way out.

giveen
02-09-09, 01:06 PM
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Grammar does not vary from region to region unless you're talking about a continental divide. I don't know where you're from but here in America, we all use the same standardized version of grammar.

Stop using speak and spell to check your grammar.

Well I arent you Mr. Perfect.
Is it a hobby of yours to correct people or can I expect more retarded statements out of you.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 01:07 PM
It's funny that this thread was about the ASVAB, and now it's about proper spelling and grammer. This is pretty entertaining though.

NoRemorse
02-09-09, 01:08 PM
:thumbup::thumbup: For entertainment

Maintain some bearing poolee. Any out of place comment would result in a gaggle of Marines descending upon you like the fires of hell on a sinner's ass.

You've been doing quite well up until now. Take to heart what you were told earlier. Good initative taking the practice versions. I take them too for fun and I like the way they make you use your brain; especially the logic portions.

It's not an exam you're really supposed to study for: it helps to match you up with an MOS that you would likely be well-suited for. Carry on.

0231Marine
02-09-09, 01:10 PM
Well I arent you Mr. Perfect.
Is it a hobby of yours to correct people or can I expect more retarded statements out of you.

No, I aren't Mr. Perfect.

I also aren't do this make fun of you. Just stop typing like a 5 year old with Parkinson's and we'll have no issues.

giveen
02-09-09, 01:13 PM
No, I aren't Mr. Perfect.

I also aren't do this make fun of you. Just stop typing like a 5 year old with Parkinson's and we'll have no issues.
Just stop typing like someone who has a chip on their shoulder about it.

Did mommy beat you when spelled a word wrong?

0231Marine
02-09-09, 01:15 PM
Just stop typing like someone who has a chip on their shoulder about it.

Did mommy beat you when spelled a word wrong?

What? I can't understand your question because the grammar is so poor.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 01:15 PM
Sorry if i offended you for being entertained pfc. But i wont euphemise the fact that i am entertained, and im sorry if you catch offense. I just think it's funny that this post is falling apart over grammer, But, using spell check isn't that hard to do.

giveen
02-09-09, 01:26 PM
What? I can't understand your question because the grammar is so poor.
You sure knew enough to make a comment about it.
So obviously, you could read it, and your sole point is to just be an ass, like I have said previously.

You have no point here, expect to tout your superiority by stating "I have better grammar, therefor you are less"

A person who argues about grammar and spelling has nothing to say and should just keep their mouth shut.

BR34
02-09-09, 01:27 PM
Marines, arguing in front of this civilian??? Maybe it would be a good idea to take your discussion to PM.

thestatzman, you got the wrong rank for your favorite Marine in your profile.

giveen
02-09-09, 01:29 PM
I have. He is just as much of an ass in PM's.
But he spells words wrong, and says he did it on purpose.

thestatzman
02-09-09, 01:33 PM
Thanks for letting me know. I'll change it as soon as possible. Thanks :)