PDA

View Full Version : Confusion on Uniform Allowance

Haffner
02-08-09, 10:35 PM
Semper Fi, Marines.

I have a question regarding the annual uniform allowance. I must be having some sort of brain malfunction, because no matter where I searched to find my answer, the wording wasn't clear and concise enough.

In May I will be beginning my third year in the Marine Corps. My first day of bootcamp was 20060509. I have recieved the initial uniform allowance (the 1/2 basic rate), a second uniform allowance at the basic rate.

Now my question is...will this next uniform allowance in 200905 be at the basic or standard rate?

I know that I should be able to figure this out, but for some reason I'm having trouble, haha. Thanks for any and all input.

sgt tony
02-09-09, 01:02 AM
I would say ask the Senate or Congress but heck they have on idea. I have not the foggiest idea but though I would give it a try.

Take Care Marine :beer:

CplKJSpevak
02-09-09, 02:47 AM
C'mon Devil Dog, 3 years in, You should know the value of having friends in S1..LOL....Sorry Brother don't know the answer to that one. I just never questioned it when i got a little more money in the pay. Good luck.

Quinbo
02-09-09, 09:57 PM
Haff you'll get the full amount ... I didn't know there was a difference. I believe the amount was increased after dress blues became part of your sea bag. In short it will not be a partial amount that you receive.

Haffner
02-09-09, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the replies, Marines. Semper Fi.

DocGreek
02-09-09, 11:30 PM
HAFFNER....Can you hold, and fire an M-16? Can you hump 20 Kill., full pack, and GUN AMMO, to the next Iraqi sh!thole?? If you think this is silly, what is a MARINES PRIMARY MISSION???.....KILL THE FVCKING ENEMY!!!!!.....Worry about where that next round, is gonna' come from!!!!!....SEMPER FI.....DOC GREEK

Sgt Leprechaun
02-10-09, 05:11 AM
Doc, while you are correct, you also must remember, in addition to our primary mission, we have to look squared away in uniform. That's what the clothing allowance is meant to do, to allow Marines to replace no longer serviceable uniform items.

It's difficult to be a motivated hard core killer if your cammies are fulla holes, your boots are worn out, and your 1stSgt is giving you grief about looking like a bagoazz in uniform.

Looking good is part of what we do.