PDA

View Full Version : My favorite quotes.

outlaw3179
02-07-09, 12:17 PM
"It's fun to shoot some people"
Lt. Gen. James Mattis

A dreamcatcher works, if your dream is to be gay.
-- Demetri Martin

I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades...or a game of fake heart attack.
-- Demetri Martin

"Whenever someone asks me to define love, I usually think for a minute, then I spin around and pin the guy's arm behind his back. NOW who's asking the questions?"
-- Jack Handey

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've wondered where this started, and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus and a clown killed my dad."
-- Jack Handey

"The only people that I like besides my wife and children are Marines. "
Oliver North

"Freedom is not free, but the U.S. Marine Corps will pay most of your share. "
Ned Dolan

“Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
Lt. Gen. James Mattis

Scottie0417
02-07-09, 01:01 PM
Hahahahaha Demetri Martin kills me. Good stuff Outlaw :thumbup:

temarti
02-07-09, 01:13 PM
Jack Handy is great:

If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating.

FutureDevilDog1
02-07-09, 06:53 PM
i like the last one " temarti"

poolee0200
02-08-09, 07:52 AM
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with tears in my eyes: f*ck with me and I'll kill you all." - Gen. James "Mad Dog" Mattis to Iraqi tribal leaders

"Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima, Baghdad ain't sh*t." - Maj. Gen. John Kelly

fespar
02-10-09, 02:44 PM
Friendly fire isn't!

Freedom isn't free!

FutureDevilDog1
04-06-09, 09:02 AM
"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldier will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
LT. GEN. LEWIS "CHESTY" PULLER, USMC

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

"Panic sweeps my men when they are facing the AMERICAN MARINES."
CAPTURED NORTH KOREAN MAJOR

Old breed? New breed? There's not a damn bit of difference so long as it's the Marine breed. Chesty Puller, USMC

"Marine Corps integrity is doing that thing which is right, when no one is looking"
Col. Colin Lampard, USMC

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" Eleanor Roosevelt

"Marines know how to use their bayonets. Army bayonets may as well be paper-weights." Navy Times; November 1994

AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ONE........

The US Air Force Chief-of-Staff would never be called -- Airman
The Chief-of-Naval Operations would never be called -- Sailor
The Commanding General of The US Army would never be called -- Soldier
BUT the Commandant of the Marine Corps would be proud to be called a --
United States Marine :D