PDA

View Full Version : An old friend died today.

mcvet57103
02-07-09, 10:28 AM
Sad very sad but true <br />
<br />
<br />
&quot;Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who <br />
has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was, <br />
since his birth records...

vmfn513
02-07-09, 12:44 PM
Top Notch post. I'll just add - it was a long and painful death and began when parents neglected their responsibilities in teaching their children to live right. Sorry about that , but I have too many children completely ignore their parents ( who, by the way) forgot how to use a paddle.
Semper Fi!

vmfn513
02-07-09, 12:50 PM
Sorry about that! I intended to say -'have seen too many
children face their parent down and no response from the Parents'.

jinelson
02-07-09, 12:54 PM
Outstanding thread thank you for posting it. I just wish everyone in America could read it.

Semper Fi

Jim

CplKJSpevak
02-07-09, 12:59 PM
Outstanding thread thank you for posting it. I just wish everyone in America could read it.

Semper Fi

Jim

I just copy/pasted it to pass it along!! FYI....I'm 35 years old, I have a 15 year old son (who wants to be a Career Marine), I'm happily married to his Mom...He's never been in DayCare..and we homeschool!!! Common Sense is alive and well in our lives and we Honor God and Country! Semper Fi Brothers.

temarti
02-07-09, 01:06 PM
Great Post MCVET, so true...

mcvet57103
02-07-09, 01:09 PM
I just copy/pasted it to pass it along!! FYI....I'm 35 years old, I have a 15 year old son (who wants to be a Career Marine), I'm happily married to his Mom...He's never been in DayCare..and we homeschool!!! Common Sense is alive and well in our lives and we Honor God and Country! Semper Fi Brothers.My wife sells home schooling systems. She sent this to me from one of her clients. I thought it was right on the mark. SF

DWG
02-07-09, 01:11 PM
I just copy/pasted it to pass it along!! FYI....I'm 35 years old, I have a 15 year old son (who wants to be a Career Marine), I'm happily married to his Mom...He's never been in DayCare..and we homeschool!!! Common Sense is alive and well in our lives and we Honor God and Country! Semper Fi Brothers.

It's too bad there aren't a whole lot more like you. Unfortunately we have too many parents that want to drop their kids off into govenment schools about 3 weeks after they are born so they can go play musical marriages or just musical partners. Keep up the good work!
:thumbup:

DocGreek
02-07-09, 01:22 PM
ROBERT.....EXCELLENT POST!! Was it Thomas Payne, who wrote the pamphlet, "Common Sense"?? Too bad that the meaning of "Common Sense", has been lost, only to be replaced with....STUPIDITY, GREED, AND IGNORANCE!!!!......Doc Greek

JohnEaceHunt
02-07-09, 03:00 PM
Great Scott.!!, obiden is not as stupid as I gave him credit to be. In an article on aol, he basically told the democrats it would be political sucide to vote for the stimulas plan,reminding them about the '93 tax cut. There were 46 or so democrats that voted against it to keep their jobs as they had an election the next year. In that election only 6 were voted out of office. Now that is common sense. There are more people in the U.S. calling the White House against the stimulas bill, than for it. There may be an entire new bunch of them in office after the '10 vote since they all voted for it. They lacked common sense.

SGT7477
02-07-09, 05:50 PM
Great post mcvet, Semper FI.

Knight86
02-08-09, 11:24 AM
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -Shakespeare

Problem solved....

Phantom Blooper
02-08-09, 03:30 PM
Common Sense

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" -Shakespeare

The first thing we need to do is post in the Poolee Forum and Ask A Marine forum........

No.... the first thing you need to do is read the rules in the Poolee Hall of Fame!

Now in this case.......THAT would be "Common Sense":evilgrin:

PROBLEM SOLVED!

SGT7477
02-08-09, 05:20 PM
Hit him again Chuck,lol.