PDA

View Full Version : GED Waiver:

thestatzman
02-06-09, 07:18 PM
Hello Marines and non Marine readers. I'm here today because i have a problem. I will be getting my GED very soon, and I have the dream of becoming a United States Marine. One thing that's holding me back are the 15 college credits I need to enlist. I scored a 91% on the full practice ASVAB on militay.com. I've never done drugs or drank in my intire life. I have no problems with my body at all, I am perfectly healthy.I also have no criminal record. The school semester is almost done, and i would have to wait for the fall semester to begin classes. Right now im unemployed, and i live in NYC, one of the hardest hit states for unemployment. Right now i really can't afford classes, or even transportation to school. I know that there is a GED waiver that can be filled out for tier 2 candidates. If there is anyone out there with any information for me I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you for reading.

BR34
02-07-09, 08:32 AM
Information on getting a waiver needs to be talked over with a recruiter. You need to use the search button, this topic is actively being discussed.

PaidinBlood
02-07-09, 08:52 AM
Information on getting a waiver needs to be talked over with a recruiter. You need to use the search button, this topic is actively being discussed.

What he said. Forgot to mention the other day, congrats on picking up! Forgot to mention it the other day.. :thumbup:

thestatzman
02-07-09, 01:13 PM
I spoke with a recruiter and he blew me off, i guess a GED recipient wasn't worth his time. I also tried looking for another GED waiver post and haven't come across one yet. If i'm looking in the wrong places. can somebody help me out?

PaidinBlood
02-07-09, 08:11 PM
quit searching in the red box at the top. use the search button in the blue bar. i know it exists because i posted on it.