PDA

View Full Version : Helpfull Running tool!!

Gnetics
02-06-09, 02:11 AM
Hey guys, so I was trying to calculate my running route and how long it actually is and ran into this site http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ its great and you can make custom running routes so u can see running mile markers and calculate avg calories burned..i thought it was pretty cool that i know know how far to run from my house to 1.5mi out to time my run..Hope it helps out some fellow Poolees! :banana: GET SOME..PT! lol

p.s. if u have trouble settting up your map follow the bottom links on the site to learn how to use it..its really simple!

introspect
02-06-09, 06:40 AM
Hey this is awesome thanks :) I learned how to use it really quick and I have always been curious how far i was running :) thanksss

BioCHAZard
02-06-09, 06:57 AM
Dude freaking sweet. Thanks helped out a lot. Good post.:thumbup:

BioCHAZard
02-06-09, 07:25 AM
Dude freaking sweet. Thanks helped out a lot. Good post.:thumbup:
Just found out if I run from my house around the block and then down to the end of the park near my place works out great cause its a mile and a half there so I can do that on normal days and if I'm feeling motivated go for the 3 mile by running there and back.

ElDiablo
02-06-09, 08:45 AM
Works great. I found out that the dirt road next to my house is almost exactly .5 miles down to the end. So, with a little math, six "laps" on it will equal 3 miles. Again, worked good.

boblasek
02-06-09, 11:17 AM
Great find, just found out that the route i ran was 1.7miles.

outlaw3179
02-06-09, 12:21 PM
cool site man thanks.

BackhausD
02-06-09, 12:45 PM
Good site....I've been using this one for a while http://www.walkjogrun.net/
Same sh!t, different layout.

Hamelink83
02-06-09, 02:20 PM
Thanks to both for the sites, useful

blackshirts
02-06-09, 02:24 PM
I always just used my car and reset the mile meter where I take off. Works well, but this is cool.

Gnetics
02-10-09, 11:15 PM
Glad to see this tool is helping out some fellow Poolees :thumbup: You can also set it to show Avg. Calories burned etc.. I just made a new route and printed it out with a calender so i can mark off how many times ive ran it before I switch to running a different longer run.