PDA

View Full Version : Ged

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 12:43 PM
sorry if this has been posted but i used the search button and went through 8 pages and saw nothing.

Ive been searching the past hour to see if a GED would allow me to become a marine or not , ive attended college classes for 2 semesters but college just isnt for me .. is this going to effect me being able to become a marine?

please and thanks

Stephen

Petz
02-05-09, 12:49 PM
no... you need a waiver.... if they have anymore for you. RSs only have so many to give out.

good luck.

0231Marine
02-05-09, 12:59 PM
1. Always capitalize the word Marine!

2. Go talk to your local recruiter because he will be able to help you out.

3. Carry On!

NoRemorse
02-05-09, 01:02 PM
sorry if this has been posted but i used the search button and went through 8 pages and saw nothing.

Ive been searching the past hour to see if a GED would allow me to become a marine or not , ive attended college classes for 2 semesters but college just isnt for me .. is this going to effect me being able to become a marine?

please and thanks

Stephen

More profile. More search. Marines is always capitalized. 15 college credits from a regionally accredited facility will satisfy the requirements for a High School diploma.

Have you ponied up and spoken with a recruiter? You could Google this stuff as well first, but you've got to man up and speak with a recruiter and see what else you need.

Results will vary directly with the amount of effort you put in.

Profile up or pay the price.

Petz
02-05-09, 01:05 PM
when you search do a tag search!!! I'm starting to add tags to poolee questions!!!

every other Marine should start doing the same... I'm tired of hearing the same questions.

NoRemorse
02-05-09, 01:07 PM
when you search do a tag search!!! I'm starting to add tags to poolee questions!!!

every other Marine should start doing the same... I'm tired of hearing the same questions.

Did they change the reqs for a GED or would he still need a waiver even with 15 credits? Actually, requiring a waiver even with 15 credits sounds like a good idea nowadays.

Chumley
02-05-09, 01:10 PM
Stephen,

First, capitalize Marine when you post on this site.

SSgt P and the other Marines state the facts - limited numbers of GEDs are available to each RS. Talk to your Recruiter to assess your situation fully and see what they say. If it's possible, they'll tell you so and how to proceed. Then it's up to you to step up.

PS - College is not for you. Fine, wasn't for me either at the time. So why do you think Boot Camp and the USMC are going to be easier than college??? Hmmmmm.... You need to accept that whether it's a job, college, or military, it's time to earn your way. In life, if you want something badly enough, and you put forth the effort, success often follows. It's rarely easy.

Good luck.
C

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 01:27 PM
Stephen,

First, capitalize Marine when you post on this site.

SSgt P and the other Marines state the facts - limited numbers of GEDs are available to each RS. Talk to your Recruiter to assess your situation fully and see what they say. If it's possible, they'll tell you so and how to proceed. Then it's up to you to step up.

PS - College is not for you. Fine, wasn't for me either at the time. So why do you think Boot Camp and the USMC are going to be easier than college??? Hmmmmm.... You need to accept that whether it's a job, college, or military, it's time to earn your way. In life, if you want something badly enough, and you put forth the effort, success often follows. It's rarely easy.

Good luck.
C

No i havent spoken with a recruiter yet I was trying to figure out information to see if I was even eligible to qualify.

commdog7
02-05-09, 01:39 PM
Marines strive for perfection, Rah! I don't know why you are trying to squeeze by with a GED rather than work for your diploma or college credits. I hope the recruiters do not let you in my beloved Corps with a GED. By settling for the bare minimum, our high standards are reduced. If you want to be a Marine, then you have to put some effort into it.

Petz
02-05-09, 01:49 PM
we have 97% high school graduates last year where the army had 70%....

go figure.

Chumley
02-05-09, 02:11 PM
No i havent spoken with a recruiter yet I was trying to figure out information to see if I was even eligible to qualify.

That's your first next step. You may already be qual'd or eligible?? Or not?? Only your local Recruiter can process you, so that's who's got the most accurate answer for you.

C

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 02:20 PM
Marines strive for perfection, Rah! I don't know why you are trying to squeeze by with a GED rather than work for your diploma or college credits. I hope the recruiters do not let you in my beloved Corps with a GED. By settling for the bare minimum, our high standards are reduced. If you want to be a Marine, then you have to put some effort into it.
your serious? you shouldnt be allowed to be a Marine your entirely way too ignorant

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 02:22 PM
but thanks for the information , please delete this thread so i dont have to get anymore responses liek that guy.

NoRemorse
02-05-09, 02:24 PM
your serious? you shouldnt be allowed to be a Marine your entirely way too ignorant

Whoa there buddy, you're either drunk or posing as someone who wants to be a Marine because he couldn't hack it. You're addressing a Marine with major disrespect. You may have a chance to explain yourself but you'll be buried in a pile of rabid Marines who want to tear your throat out.

As for "your serious?" and "your entirely way too ignorant" it's you're; as in a contraction of you and are, college boy.

Consider yourself warned...

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 02:45 PM
Whoa there buddy, you're either drunk or posing as someone who wants to be a Marine because he couldn't hack it. You're addressing a Marine with major disrespect. You may have a chance to explain yourself but you'll be buried in a pile of rabid Marines who want to tear your throat out.

As for "your serious?" and "your entirely way too ignorant" it's you're; as in a contraction of you and are, college boy.

Consider yourself warned...
i really dont care if your a Marine or not he has no right to talk to me that way , i apologize for not being blessed with a brain like yours and really it doesn't bother me .. I came on here to gather information and I got what i needed before he had to go and open his mouth

you can warn me all you want but have a nice day

NoRemorse
02-05-09, 03:10 PM
i really dont care if your a Marine or not he has no right to talk to me that way , i apologize for not being blessed with a brain like yours and really it doesn't bother me .. I came on here to gather information and I got what i needed before he had to go and open his mouth

you can warn me all you want but have a nice day

Good attitude. Should serve you well if you're ever allowed to DEP in or even ship. Go talk to a recruiter like that and see what happens. Should be real funny. I'll be sure to pick up a newspaper when you do.

Absolutely hilarious that you think you can be a Marine talking like that. You're going to go real far in life. Don't expect any answers from the Marines on this site while you're acting like an imbecile.

Good luck with your life, you're going to need a lot because you're liable to end up flipping burgers or in Passiac county jail cause you mouthed off to the wrong person. Too afraid to even go see a recruiter or search in Google. You're reeeeeeeal high speed.

Good attention to detail as well; the Marine you disrespected is a female and will always be senior to you. She's done more in a year of service than you've done your entire life and you're going to disrespect her because you can't understand what she posted. Go back and read it again. The Marine Corps requires a level of dedication and commitment that a slacker like you can't handle.

Good day, I say good day!

Quinbo
02-05-09, 03:13 PM
Comm dog is a Marine and you are not. I would gladly stand by and watch while SHE kicks the living **** out of you. You don't go on a Marine site and disrespect a Marine that is idiocy in its truest form. You jack with one of us you jack with us all.

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 03:16 PM
Good attitude. Should serve you well if you're ever allowed to DEP in or even ship. Go talk to a recruiter like that and see what happens. Should be real funny. I'll be sure to pick up a newspaper when you do.

Absolutely hilarious that you think you can be a Marine talking like that. You're going to go real far in life. Don't expect any answers from the Marines on this site while you're acting like an imbecile.

Good luck with your life, you're going to need a lot because you're liable to end up flipping burgers or in Passiac county jail cause you mouthed off to the wrong person. Too afraid to even go see a recruiter or search in Google. You're reeeeeeeal high speed.

Good attention to detail as well; the Marine you disrespected is a female and will always be senior to you. She's done more in a year of service than you've done your entire life and you're going to disrespect her because you can't understand what she posted. Go back and read it again. The Marine Corps requires a level of dedication and commitment that a slacker like you can't handle.

Good day, I say good day!
honestly how am i the imbecile? why should I drive to see a recruiter if hes going to tell me exactly what people told me on here? You don't know me so don't go off saying im too afraid , just because im not smart you have no right to sit here and go off on me .. all i wanted was information and got a Marine ripping me apart for no reason I have rights too and by no means i deserve to be made fun of because im not intelligent and i dont know if you know this the only reason why I came on this forum was because the information wasn't stated anywhere else

People come on this forum to ask Marines questions , not to get torn apart for having a GED .. my attitude isn't a problem its people like you who get laughs out of other peoples short comings , you come talk to me when you have a learning disability and repeat a grade 2 years in arow because IM A SLACKER? i tried and tried again .. so to better my life i got a GED so once again i apologize for not being as smart as you

but thanks for the help no remorse seriously thanks

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 03:18 PM
Comm dog is a Marine and you are not. I would gladly stand by and watch while SHE kicks the living **** out of you. You don't go on a Marine site and disrespect a Marine that is idiocy in its truest form. You jack with one of us you jack with us all.
Marine or not , this site is here to help people is it not? why should anybody have to come on here to ask a simple question and have Marines telling me things about my life when they have no idea?

Petz
02-05-09, 03:20 PM
honestly how am i the imbecile? why should I drive to see a recruiter if hes going to tell me exactly what people told me on here? You don't know me so don't go off saying im too afraid , just because im not smart you have no right to sit here and go off on me .. all i wanted was information and got a Marine ripping me apart for no reason I have rights too and by no means i deserve to be made fun of because im not intelligent and i dont know if you know this the only reason why I came on this forum was because the information wasn't stated anywhere else

People come on this forum to ask Marines questions , not to get torn apart for having a GED .. my attitude isn't a problem its people like you who get laughs out of other peoples short comings , you come talk to me when you have a learning disability and repeat a grade 2 years in arow because IM A SLACKER? i tried and tried again .. so to better my life i got a GED so once again i apologize for not being as smart as you

I didn't read everything you said here... but shut the fvck up kid! I don't care what you say. You don't have the balls to become a Marine and I wouldn't want you in MY Corps at all... you have no respect at all and in the end I think you'll never have it.

you are the ignorant fvcktard who didn't comprehend both the rank structure of the Corps and the sex of the MARINE who tried to help you by giving her opinion.

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 03:25 PM
I didn't read everything you said here... but shut the fvck up kid! I don't care what you say. You don't have the balls to become a Marine and I wouldn't want you in MY Corps at all... you have no respect at all and in the end I think you'll never have it.

you are the ignorant fvcktard who didn't comprehend both the rank structure of the Corps and the sex of the MARINE who tried to help you by giving her opinion.
why don't i have the balls because i have a GED? honestly please tell me why its my fault , i came on here for answers which i received then she tells me i hope they don't let me in because of my GED? i apologize for not being as bright as the rest of you Marines but that does not mean i should be considered settling for the bare minimum when you really have no idea how ive struggled to even get a GED

im sorry for any problems i caused but you have no idea about my life and please dont tell me how im a slacker and settle for the minimum because you will never know

just somebody delete this thread please , i got the answers that i came on here for!

Petz
02-05-09, 03:26 PM
Marine or not , this site is here to help people is it not? why should anybody have to come on here to ask a simple question and have Marines telling me things about my life when they have no idea?

because you are the fvcktard who came here asking for advice!!!

who are you to say the adviser is ignorant?!

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 03:33 PM
because you are the fvcktard who came here asking for advice!!!

who are you to say the adviser is ignorant?!
and who are you or who is she to say i hope they dont let you in because of your GED? you will NEVER know how long ive tried to get my degree to try to better myself but i couldnt .. you think im happy that i have a learning disability? all i wanted was an answer not people telling me i hope they dont let me in because of a GED , does it make you feel good bashing on kids with learning disabilitys?

x24lilguy24x
02-05-09, 03:35 PM
i apologize for saying what i said , i shouldn't have but nobody will ever know my life and how hard ive tried to even get a GED so please lets just end this i dont care anymore i understand that i will not be a Marine and im sure everybodys happy but whatever ill move on with my life like i have the past 19 years

Quinbo
02-05-09, 03:41 PM
Didn't come here for advice ... came for a pity party. Ohhh boo hoo I feel so bad for you. I'm gonna go break out my crying towel you poor poor miserable little thing. Wahhh I'm sobbing. That is such a sad story. Ahhh boo hoo hoo. Do you need a hug?

MARINECID
02-05-09, 03:54 PM
If you have 15 college credits 100 level or above, the GED does not matter. Has to be an accredited college.

BR34
02-05-09, 04:06 PM
First of all, x24lilguy24x, this site isn't here to help poolees. This site is a place for MARINES to talk to MARINES. Helping poolees is just a little something extra some of us choose to do. We aren't recruiters, and we aren't obligated to help you.

Second, this comment:

I have rights too and by no means i deserve to be made fun of because im not intelligent

If you truly feel that way, don't even bother going to boot camp! You will be in for the shock of your life when you realize how many different ways a D.I. has to call you "stupid".

Third, it may not matter to you now, that you're disrespecting these Marines. But one day in your journey to join the Corps you may need help, or have another question that no one else can answer, and you're going to regret burning the bridge that you're burning right now. Just apologize and lay low!

yellowwing
02-05-09, 04:56 PM
i apologize for saying what i said , i shouldn't have but nobody will ever know my life and how hard ive tried to even get a GED so please lets just end this i dont care anymore i understand that i will not be a Marine and im sure everybodys happy but whatever ill move on with my life like i have the past 19 years

Just go talk to the army, dumb ass.

Marine84
02-05-09, 08:20 PM
I came as soon as I got the Complete Idiot Alert. Kid, you're not an idiot for having a GED - you're an idiot for jumping in the middle of a pack of dogs. Obviously you didn't read the stickies before you posted this question for the humpteenth time.

PaidinBlood
02-05-09, 08:36 PM
Hey lilguy...Hey! Over here! YOU SUCK! Can you hear me now?

commdog7
02-05-09, 08:43 PM

Who the hell do you think you are? You want to be a Marine, yet you don't want to work for it nor do you want to respect those who have. I love my Marine Corps, I love it so much I don't want to see turds like you bringing down the title I have worked so hard to earn. I expected you to reply "yes Sgt, I will go back to school and earn my diploma/college credits so that I may one day uphold the title of Marine." Wow, you went to college for a few semesters, therefore you must be WAY smarter than me. Bull-****, I am in my senior year of college (I will have my bachelors by the end of this year). Oh, and I have my high school diploma, unlike some nasty civilian.... I have accomplished more in three years than you have in your entire life. I can tell you right now, you will not make it through boot. You might want to fix yourself.

A pawn thinking he can disrespect a knight.... you have lost your fvcking mind.

commdog7
02-05-09, 09:12 PM
My original post was intended to spark some form of motivation in x24lilguy24x to advance in school prior to joining the Marines (that's, of course, if he really wanted to be a Marine). Instead of being inspired by the challenge, as good poolees would be, he decided to attack me with a bunch of disrespectful comments. I want to thank the Marines on here for backing me up, that's what Marines do and that's what x24lilguy24x needs to learn.

Boo-fvcking-hoo, he has a learning disability. Try to find one Marine who has sympathy for that, just try. We all have our problems, suck it up. I have known a few Marines how have learning disabilities, but they are not babied, they are treated like any other Marine- no special attention. The Marines I know with learning disabilities have earned my respect, because they have the motivation to work hard and complete the damanding schools of the Marine Corps. AND THEY DON'T COMPLAIN!!!

This little sh!tbag x24lilguy24x comes in here and doesn't like the idea of actually working hard to be a Marine. When challenged to excel in school, he rather disrespect a Marine than work on improving himself. If he can't take constructive criticism here, then he has no place in my Marine Corps.

yellowwing
02-05-09, 09:19 PM
Dang Sister, look into B billet for Drill Instructor! Ohh-rah! :thumbup:

commdog7
02-05-09, 09:38 PM
I'm thinking about it, but for now, I will focus on putting civilians in their place.

Semper Fidelis Marines!

semperfiman
02-05-09, 09:55 PM
I have a ged and I think i was a dam good Marine

commdog7
02-06-09, 07:49 AM
Its not that a Marine with a GED will be a bad Marine, it's that we should always strive for improvement. You shouldn't settle for a GED when you can get your diploma or advance with college. Our constant strive for improvement is what makes us the finest fighting force in the world, Rah!

JWorkDI
02-06-09, 08:48 AM

You know, all I got from your posts was that you have a learing disability and you claim to have spent several years to overcome it. However, you're also not willing to exhaust all of your options to make your steps towards joining the Marine Corps.

Remind me again why you don't want to go speak with a recruiter? It's because you are lazy and not willing to put forth the effort. If you are so easily offended by the comments of my fellow Marines, then you are sadly mistaken about your ability to withstand a drill instructors verbal assaults. I would have broken you in the first 10 minutes if you were one of my recruits and then sent your ass packing. Grow thicker skin and stop making excuses. If you want to be a Marine, then do what is required. If not, then leave and don't come back.

Also, if you choose to stay, you better learn some damn respect and start addressing the Marines on here by their rank or calling them Sir or Ma'am. You're only making yourself look foolish by acting ignorant.

JohnEaceHunt
02-06-09, 09:44 AM
looks like another one that has to have his hand held while he takes a pee.!!