PDA

View Full Version : Rifle awards

mikemartinson
02-04-09, 09:31 PM
What kind of titles, awards, or medals are there for scoring high on the rifle range?

biesseb
02-04-09, 10:00 PM
Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert

Pizzabox, Cross thingy, Cross rifles

mikemartinson
02-04-09, 10:19 PM
Every Marine is a rifleman, does that mean he will get marksman? How does the scoring system work?

richerich
02-04-09, 10:22 PM
You need to score high enough to get Marksman, or they will recycle your ass, and eventually drop you if you can't pass.

biesseb
02-04-09, 10:41 PM
Every Marine is a rifleman, does that mean he will get marksman? How does the scoring system work?

In bootcamp you learn to shoot, In SOI you become a rifleman

mikemartinson
02-04-09, 10:54 PM
I'm actually going to the air wing, but I can still get expert if I'm good enough?

mikemartinson
02-04-09, 11:11 PM
"Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary."
- General A. M. Gray (CMC), USMC

biesseb
02-04-09, 11:18 PM
I'm actually going to the air wing, but I can still get expert if I'm good enough?

No Sh!t shirlock

Scottie0417
02-04-09, 11:21 PM
It's based on a score. Everyone in boot camp qualifies with an M16 no matter if their MOS is infantry or food service. Everyone must qualify as a Marksman in order to graduate. If you score high enough you can shoot Expert. Combining Table 1 and Table 2 firing, you need at least a 250 out of 350 total points to qualify as a Marksman. If you shoot between 280-304 you will qualify as a Sharpshooter and if you shoot 305 or above you will qualify as an Expert

0231Marine
02-05-09, 06:30 AM
What kind of titles, awards, or medals are there for scoring high on the rifle range?

Holy crap kid, just focus on bootcamp. This is your second thread I've read in 5 minutes that makes me just shake my head.

Just do as you are told in bootcamp and you'll do fine. If you're already worried about what kind of trinkets and shiny badges you're going to get, then you're looking at the wrong service. Check out the Army because their the ones that throw sh!t all over their uniforms like a damn Christmas ornament exploded next to them.

Covey_Rider
02-05-09, 08:59 AM
God I love this kid haha. I believe that a "dear Chili" is in order haha.

mikemartinson
02-05-09, 03:24 PM
I'm not worried about just wondering. You think I'm going to be running my mouth to my DI asking stupid little questions? I figured id ask some Marines. Two questions for now. Is there Tabasco in the chow hall and does anyone have any unique advice that i haven't herd yet?

Scottie0417
02-05-09, 03:55 PM
There's no tobasco. You'll get a little bit in MREs but I highly doubt your DIs will let you keep it. Keep your mouth shut and don't be a sh!tbag is my advice.

usmchauer
02-05-09, 04:54 PM
Keep your mouth shut and don't be a sh!tbag is my advice.

HAH! :thumbup:

ecfree
02-05-09, 07:07 PM
I'm not worried about just wondering. You think I'm going to be running my mouth to my DI asking stupid little questions? I figured id ask some Marines. Two questions for now. Is there Tabasco in the chow hall and does anyone have any unique advice that i haven't herd yet?

Forget the hot sauce,and NEVER USE the word CAN'T or YOU when speaking to a DI...:evilgrin:

biesseb
02-05-09, 07:12 PM

I know you're new but you seem to already have the personality of someone that thinks they're owed something. You're about to get a rude awakening, seriously Tabasco? Assuming you even make it through boot with that kind of thinking those traits will follow you to the fleet and you wont last long.

Another thing, I suggest you do some serious research on Marine Corps bootcamp and lifestyle before you step on those yellow footprints. Your signature sounds arrogant by the way.

SGT7477
02-05-09, 07:34 PM
Just see if you can earn our title, just hope everything falls in place.

mikemartinson
02-05-09, 10:29 PM
I'm not surprised or disappointed there is no hot sauce. I don't care. I don't feel I'm owed anything either. Rude awakening? Seriously man I'm not that clueless. "Boo hoo, no hot sauce." Get real. I will never say I cant. This poolee will be a Marine. Most of the questions I have are about how i can proceed after and what I can do to get the most of the whole experience. Don't mistake my planning ahead for thinking to far ahead. I will just earn the title and go from there.