PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fraud????

Covey_Rider
02-04-09, 02:09 PM
Need some assistance with this...doesn't feel right.

William Mason Phelps, claims active duty Recon Marine...says he's been in 1st Recon since Afghanistan under General Mattis. Claims he's still active however he doesn't show up in MOL and says that people can never find him on there.

KawiGunny
02-04-09, 02:12 PM
I saw his picture the other day. He was smoking a bong. Oh wait..... wrong Phelps.

awbrown1462
02-04-09, 02:13 PM
sounds like a posier

Covey_Rider
02-04-09, 02:17 PM
That's what I'm thinking. For some reason he requested me as a friend on Facebook. Don't really know the guy that I can think of, however for some reason his name sounds a little familiar. He claimed to have been through courses at SOTG, however I didn't know any of the instructors he named...and he was saying that he went through a Mountain Warfare Training package in Oki which I know is complete BS. Then he went to claim that it was just some of the older NCO's passing on knowledge in a sanctioned training environment.

thewookie
02-04-09, 02:19 PM
I saw his picture the other day. He was smoking a bong. Oh wait..... wrong Phelps.

But did he inhale?

KawiGunny
02-04-09, 02:23 PM
But did he inhale?

We will have to wait on that answer till he runs for Pres.

Isrowei
02-04-09, 02:45 PM
Need some assistance with this...doesn't feel right.

William Mason Phelps, claims active duty Recon Marine...says he's been in 1st Recon since Afghanistan under General Mattis. Claims he's still active however he doesn't show up in MOL and says that people can never find him on there.

There is a William Phelps who is a Cpl with food service on Lejeune according to the Global. I can give you his phone number if you'd like to check it out.

Sgt Leprechaun
02-04-09, 10:13 PM
Good call LT. If he's a 'food service' tech claiming to be "Reeeeccoonnn" then he's gonna have some 'splainin to do for sure. Esp. if some of the bubbas from 2nd Recon pay him a "visit". LOL.

Covey, sounds like someone *may* be blowin smoke.

lucien2
02-05-09, 04:03 PM
I love busting posers, I have fired 2 from our company for lying about being in the Corps...one even had a Devildog tattoo on his calve!

ronniejr37
02-05-09, 06:39 PM
Geez, here we go again,,,I hate POSERS....especially guys that are active duty..I posted on another thread about posers!!! Being a retired Police Officer,,,if it doesnt smell right, walk right, talk right, IT AINT RIGHT!!! go with your gut!!!

ronniejr37
02-05-09, 06:51 PM
Thats probably him!!!! Sorry to get off the subject a lil, Here is a question for the LT or anybody else that has info on this question,,,,I recently recieved a copy of my DD-214,,,I was EAS in 89,,,never noticed it before, but there has been some info omitted from my DD-214,,,,it has to do with my "Navy Achievment Medal" It was omitted, Im sure by mistake, everything else is listed correctly,,,I have the original Medal and Warrant..How do I correct my DD-214?