PDA

View Full Version : Bumed Results

Tommy1089
02-02-09, 10:51 PM
Hello fellow Marines!...In February of 2008 i was discharged from the United States Marine Corps medically for my shoulder, for a possible Labral Tear which supposedly occured when my shoulder...

Scottie0417
02-02-09, 11:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Devil...it's a damn shame they won't let you back in. I'm not an expert on the subject matter, but I do believe that you can resubmit your package further down the road. If all the doctors gave you the good to go on the shoulder and they all said it's 100% then I don't see any reason why you'd get denied. Anyways, I hope everything works out for you and you end up back in our beloved Corps...rah

Tommy1089
02-02-09, 11:50 PM
Thank You. I hope it all works itself out eventually, I'm thinking about writing my local congressman to see if he can help in the matter.

JohnEaceHunt
02-03-09, 03:44 AM
1089, that will show the twerps keeping you from getting back in that you've bout had it with their bull-ah!t. You call enough congressman and Reps., heads might start to get called in and things explained as to WHY. I feel it'd be good to go Political on them. Oh, they susposed to know more about your condition than the Drs. Just some ass-H*les that haven't grown up yet, or just holding you back at a time the Corps needs Good Men Now, just for some childish reason. Maybe its because they may be having to get out and want to hurt our Corps as much as they can. Just because you would not have an unecessary operation. They are irresponsibly SICK , but in the head, not the shoulder. My 15 cents.

JohnEaceHunt
02-03-09, 03:56 AM
1089, since you just were put to pasture in '08, you still have 4 more years that its rated TDRL(temporary Disability Retired List). I recomend taking all of your medical records and go before the PEB(physical Evaluation Board) again, and let them make a decision. Their decision may be final, so be ready with doing a short PRT to show them, in person, you still have good use of the shoulder. Just think, if you had not used your head, you would have had an un-necessary operation, and certainly had a good chance of problems with the shoulder the rest of your life.

DocGreek
02-03-09, 05:49 AM
ACE....you are absofu*kinglutely right!!! I called my Congressman, 8 years ago, to get my DD214 straightened out. TEN days later, got a call from eVetrec.com to say that my DD215, AND my 201 File, were on the way!!!! TOMMY....don't be afraid to call your Congressman, talk to his Secretary....be specific, you WILL get ACTION!! BEST OF LUCK!!!!......SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

Tommy1089
02-03-09, 07:19 AM
Thank You all for your replys!...i just received a phone call from a Former Colonel who works in the Department of Military Affiars, he gave me a number of a Senator in my state who is former military himself and likes to deal with situations like this, he also told me it would take at most 45 days for them to get back to me with some kind of decision!...I will keep you all updated on what happens next!

spotts
02-03-09, 08:12 AM
Tommy,
Let me know what they tell you. My mom is a retired lawyer living in Port St Lucie, Florida and does pro bono work for vets down there. She knows alot of the Florida politicians in that area.

PooleeMoss
02-03-09, 08:21 AM
Good luck!