PDA

View Full Version : Second Chances.

RobFa86
01-31-09, 10:59 PM
Greetings,

In 2004, I made the decision to try and become One of the Few and the Proud. I made the immature decision to give up and say things to get out, because I felt that I could not do it. I could mention the months I spent in STC, but that's not an excuse. I look back on that decision with much regret and caution any future Marine recruit from making the immoral and wrong decision of turning back on the path toward a Marine once you've made it - no matter how much demotivating circumstances you are subject to. I didn't come here to ask about waiver policies or success stories of people who went from my position to becoming a Marine. Rather, I came to this forum to 'Ask a Marine' whether or not the policy of giving a second chance (which I presume was not available to recruits in the past) is a justifiable one - and if a desire to make things right and go back is a justifiable one, in the view of Marines. It is, after all, your Corps. Knowing what I do about the Marine Corps' straightforward views on Honor, Courage, and Commitment, I feel low for even thinking about that. But I'd like to know what the opinion of Marines on this board is about it.Thank you for your patience with this post.

~Robert

Marine84
01-31-09, 11:17 PM
:scared: uh oh......................here we go. I got the popcorn.

thewookie
02-01-09, 12:25 AM
I doubt it, Robert. You had your chance, the odds of them giving you another chance is doubtful in my opinion. Good luck, you will find your calling in life, but it won't be as a US Marine. But that doesn't mean that you can't do good things.

DIBLO7
02-01-09, 01:49 AM
What is the reenlistment code on your DD214 say? If there is a RE4 it aint going to happen. If it is an RE3_ there is a very slim possibility, but it usually takes a CMC level waiver to get in.

biesseb
02-01-09, 01:54 AM
It's possible you can get in, read my pm

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-09, 01:57 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

"Give up and say things to get out". Well, it's going to depend, quite frankly, on what you said. If you said you were a flaming homo, you can forget coming back in. Not gonna happen.

If you said you lied on your enlistment and were a rampant doper, or had asthma, piles, wet the bed, or were a sleepwalker, OR took pschotropic meds for 'the voices', your chances are slightly better but not much. It will take much work, paper, pleading, and time, and even then, the odds are not good.

If you wre booted for "unsuitability" "Inability to adapt" or something like that (because you 'couldn't hack it' or some other wussy reason), then you stand about a 50/50 chance, depending on your reenlistment code.

I have no problem if you choose to, if able, remove the stain on your honor by attempting this endeavor again. But just remember this, if everyone could "be the Marines, it wouldn't be the Marines", now, would it?

RobFa86
02-01-09, 02:26 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmm.

"Give up and say things to get out". Well, it's going to depend, quite frankly, on what you said. If you said you were a flaming homo, you can forget coming back in. Not gonna happen.

If you said you lied on your enlistment and were a rampant doper, or had asthma, piles, wet the bed, or were a sleepwalker, OR took pschotropic meds for 'the voices', your chances are slightly better but not much. It will take much work, paper, pleading, and time, and even then, the odds are not good.

If you wre booted for "unsuitability" "Inability to adapt" or something like that (because you 'couldn't hack it' or some other wussy reason), then you stand about a 50/50 chance, depending on your reenlistment code.

I would rather not repeat the reason because as someone who spent lots of time in EHP, I am aware of how hard some people try to get out. They're making the wrong decision and I don't want someone who read these boards in the position of theirs or mine.. I will gladly disclose what my method was to any interested Marine via private message. For those asking what my re-enlistment code is, without giving any clues to what the official reason given was for seperation, it's not an RE-4 and there isn't a 'K' in it. Meaning, officially (basing this on what I read on usmilitary.about regarding enlistment codes), I could possibly get a waiver. But I wanted to see what Marines who have completed boot camp and earned the title have to say about it first.

~Robert

redman1
02-01-09, 04:14 AM
I have mixed feelings. We all make mistakes in life but Boot Camp Is Not One Of Them!
I used to have a bumper sticker of a Peace Sign which read The Footprint Of The American Chicken and I'm not sure your one!
Your here now so prove us wrong! Then see if you deserve the Title Of U.S. Marine
Back in 1968 at Parris Island you would have to have been a scum bag or Faggot to get out. If that's true: STAY OUT!!!!!!!!!1
You want our advice then tell us on this form what you said to get out. I'm not giving you the satisfaction of a Private E-Mail.
Come Clean be a Man! If you can't be a Man first you cannot be a Marine.
Marines are the BEST of the BEST and I'm not sure I want you to make it.
You ask for it so this is what I think.
You don't get a Semper Fi and I'm not sure you even deserve a reply but as I said all of us make mistakes so you need to come clean or get the hell off this site.
Being a Marine is an Honor and once your in its Once A Marine Always A Marine.
Cocked and Loaded waiting on your reply
Redman1

LeonardLawrence
02-01-09, 09:45 AM
Seems like things would be dependent on your statements. Desire to committ suicide or openly claimimg to be a homosexual under the current policy would be detrimental. I think you are looking at a definite uphill battle. It is up to you to decide the committment you have to fighting it. Based on past performance you were not ready.

Based on your current comments which have no information to weigh, I am not sure how much help folks could possibly be.....