PDA

View Full Version : Australian Wanting to join the Marines

Mrbruce
01-31-09, 10:35 PM
Hey guys,

Well First off ill let you all know that i am an Australian Currently Serving the Australian army as a Rifleman, I'm 19 and i have found after 1 year of service that the Australian Military is slacking off (in my opinion) and isn't presenting its self with a lot of challenge's.

It has always been my dream to have been born in the United States of America However Sadly it isn't true.

I have now made the decision to move to America and obtain a green card and eventually apply for citizenship and i want to continue my Military Career into the U.S Marine Corps.
Now here are my questions:

1. Do the Marines Take green card holders? and if so are they able to help speed up the process of obtaining one?
2. I have no family in the United States So i cant obtain a green card that way is the Green Card Lottery the only way i can obtain one?.

And last how do you think the Marines would Take to an Australian Being in their unit. I had the opportunity to train with You guys at Exercise Talisman Sabre last year and since then the Marine Corps hasn't left my mind.

So yea Sorry about the long post and i hope you guys can help

Cheers
Matt

Sgt Leprechaun
02-01-09, 02:02 AM
1. Do the Marines Take green card holders? and if so are they able to help speed up the process of obtaining one?

Yes, and no.

2. I have no family in the United States So i cant obtain a green card that way is the Green Card Lottery the only way i can obtain one?.

Yes, as far as I'm aware.

Mrbruce
02-01-09, 02:20 AM
Ok thanks