PDA

View Full Version : My son

mynameispawpaw
01-30-09, 08:30 PM
My youngest son is now in the Delayed Entry Program officially! I am one proud Papa. He ships out on Aug. 17th. I have mixed emotions with this though. One one hand, my son is following his dad's footsteps in the Marines. I hope that he gets from it what I received from the Corps. A sense of pride, a sense of worth, and a commanding respect, both for himself and others, especially his brothers in arms.

On the other hand, we are sending more troops to Afganistan. I, as a father will worry about losing a son. The one thing that I do understand about the U.S. military is that it is all volunteer. This is one thing that I have talked to him about since he was old enough to understand. He is well aware of his decision, and he did it all without me or his mother interfering. I am very proud of my son, and know he will do well.

Semper Fi Robert, I'll be there for your graduation, and standing tall.:evilgrin::usmc::marine:

sparkie
01-31-09, 08:22 AM
Feelings are tough to figure,, almost was there myself. My son decided to persue being a fireman, {I think his girlfriend had something to do with him not signing]. Oh, well, still don't know how to feel.
Either way, I'm still proud.[Meebe he's the smart one,,,I don't know].