PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos?

ThundaFromUnda
01-30-09, 08:28 PM
I've been planning to get a tattoo for quite a while but as it is I turn 18 in boot camp. I've been asking around but I haven't found too much of a straight answer. When can I get it? Do I have to go through boot, MOS school and wait to check into my unit and ask permission of my CO or can I get permission prior to this?

ThundaFromUnda
01-30-09, 08:44 PM
Also, forgive me if there's already a post addressing this, but the search function isn't working for me for some reason.

Marine84
01-30-09, 08:45 PM
SEARCH Grasshoppa and you shall find HUMPTEEN threads on tattoos.

ThundaFromUnda
01-30-09, 08:46 PM
SEARCH Grasshoppa and you shall find HUMPTEEN threads on tattoos.

I'll give it a go. The image verification code isn't coming up for me so I don't know how that'll go. Thanks though

outlaw3179
01-30-09, 09:42 PM
You should get a big bulldog with a U.S.M.C underneath it, before u go to bootcamp. One, it will look pretty sweet and two , your Drill Instructors will really admire your courage and confidence.

ThundaFromUnda
01-30-09, 10:31 PM
Haha I'm going to politely disregard that piece of information. Believe it or not but the tattoo I'm getting is actually a family orientated, it has nothing to do with the Marine Corps.

Haha, I feel sorry for the person who ever took a piece of advice like that though.

Bonzack
01-31-09, 01:55 AM
I sugguest waiting until MOS school.

In MCT it can get infected easier.
Its better to wait until MOS anyway, I got mine here in Twentynine palms. It gave me something to do for about 2 hours. Its boring as hell waiting to pick up class.

Rocky C
01-31-09, 08:28 AM
You should get a big bulldog with a U.S.M.C underneath it, before u go to bootcamp. One, it will look pretty sweet and two , your Drill Instructors will really admire your courage and confidence.

That's too funny!!!! When I read the post I was thinking the same thing remembering about the kid in my platoon in boot that did that telling the D.I. that he got it for his Dad that was a Marine Vet. Boy, did he get knocked the F**K out and washed out, LMAO!!!

Rocky

biesseb
01-31-09, 10:00 AM
Alot or Marines get them during they're 10 day leave after graduation but waiting till MOS school would probably be your better option.

ThundaFromUnda
01-31-09, 02:40 PM
Right on, so I don't have to get some express permission to get it done?

Enigmatic
01-31-09, 02:51 PM
I got mine the day I got out the Corps. Far as I'm concernced, THAT'S when I earned my EGA tat. Semper Fi.

Mindgame
01-31-09, 03:15 PM
While at MCT you wont really get to keep it cleaned properly. so it will have a better chance of getting infected.

Anything below pt shorts on your legs, or below your green t on your arms is a no go. It has to be covored up by pt gear, or you might not be liking life.

ThundaFromUnda
01-31-09, 03:17 PM
While at MCT you wont really get to keep it cleaned properly. so it will have a better chance of getting infected.

Anything below pt shorts on your legs, or below your green t on your arms is a no go. It has to be covored up by pt gear, or you might not be liking life.

I think you guys have convinced me to get it after MCT then haha. It's going on my chest, so I think I'm alright on the location aspect. Thanks for the help guys

SGT7477
01-31-09, 04:21 PM
Haha I'm going to politely disregard that piece of information. Believe it or not but the tattoo I'm getting is actually a family orientated, it has nothing to do with the Marine Corps.

Haha, I feel sorry for the person who ever took a piece of advice like that though.

Oh come on now you have to show them you are ready for our beloved Corps.:evilgrin:

SGT7477
01-31-09, 04:22 PM
That's too funny!!!! When I read the post I was thinking the same thing remembering about the kid in my platoon in boot that did that telling the D.I. that he got it for his Dad that was a Marine Vet. Boy, did he get knocked the F**K out and washed out, LMAO!!!

Rocky

Now that is funny.:D

Zebra29er
01-31-09, 07:38 PM
I sugguest waiting until MOS school.

In MCT it can get infected easier.
Its better to wait until MOS anyway, I got mine here in Twentynine palms. It gave me something to do for about 2 hours. Its boring as hell waiting to pick up class.
You could always collect rocks LOL http://i44.tinypic.com/148lo9i.jpg

ThundaFromUnda
01-31-09, 08:13 PM
Oh come on now you have to show them you are ready for our beloved Corps.:evilgrin:

Haha I'm already going to have a hard time in boot camp because of the fact that I have a strong Australian accent, I'd rather not bring more pain down upon me.

SGT7477
01-31-09, 10:45 PM
Haha I'm already going to have a hard time in boot camp because of the fact that I have a strong Australian accent, I'd rather not bring more pain down upon me.

No Pain No Gain.:flag: