PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Marine need buddies

gunnyhiles
01-29-09, 11:27 PM
Cpl Steven Schulz of Friendswood TX is 100% disabled from an IED that left him paralyzed on one side. His injuries were facial as well as shrapnel in other parts of his body. I live 5 miles from him and visit often. I am going to ask him to join us here and will ask the Honchos here to give him a complementary account. He is a proud Marine, and like so many of his fellow combatants wants to go back. He is blind in one eye and has diminished vision in the other. When leaving his home the first time I visited, his mother said to me “What Steven needs most now are buddies. He still has PT at the VA twice a week and is able to see others and talk to “His kind”. I suspect the Marines here will become his buddies. It must be hell to have been so vibrant and active and now be confined to a wheel chair. Boredom is evil and works on your mind. Getting emails and phone calls are a big part of his staying mentally alert. We read about and hear of our wounded Brothers in Arms, but to sit and talk with them makes me so proud to be a Marine. So please, contact Steven and talk to him as only a Marine can.

<O:pCpl. Steven Schulz
Home:
Cell:
Email: rxsteven90@yahoo.com
Address: 2421 Garnetfield Ln.
Friendswood, TX 77546
My home:

GREENMARINE
01-30-09, 07:47 AM
Thanks For Sharing This Gunny, I've Just Sent Steven An E-mail. Hope He Joins This Website, I Really Think He Would Enjoy Spending Some Time Here

Quinbo
01-30-09, 08:13 AM
I called and talked to his mother about a week ago. He was taking a nap and I asked that he not be disturbed. I'll try calling again soon. The time difference really complicates things.

mcvet57103
01-30-09, 09:20 AM
Steven will be more than welcome here. Combat veterans, and WIA Marines hold a special place in my heart. My step son Army SSgt Craig Showers although not a Marine is also a WIA Veteran. Being the parent of a soldier is tough. Especially if they are KIA, or WIA. All my best wishes go out to Steven and his family. Semper Fi Steven.

Side Note: Wander how the Mods would feel about giving a special free full membership to any and all WIA Marines? That would be a great gesture of support from this site. SF

GREENMARINE
01-30-09, 09:49 AM
Side Note: Wander how the Mods would feel about giving a special free full membership to any and all WIA Marines? That would be a great gesture of support from this site. SF[/quote]

THAT'S A GREAT THOUGHT ROB ! HOPE IT HAPPENS:flag:

Artemis
01-30-09, 09:53 AM
I hope that the mods will give him a special full membership as well. I am currently working on typeing up an email to Steve. My mother lives in Texas and her boyfriend is part of a group of motorcycle riders who go out and do things for wounded and disabled troops. I am going to talk to him and see if there is anything that they may be able to do to help out the family. Semper Fi and God Bless Steven.

Chumley
01-30-09, 09:54 AM
I would vote yes to that type of free membership, if I were asked.

I sent the Corporal an email and invitation to stop by online.

SFi
C
:iwo:

thedrifter
01-30-09, 10:00 AM
Side Note: Wander how the Mods would feel about giving a special free full membership to any and all WIA Marines? That would be a great gesture of support from this site. SF

THAT'S A GREAT THOUGHT ROB ! HOPE IT HAPPENS:flag:[/QUOTE]

Since some folks think that we moderators do not read every post...:D

We saw and looking into it.....;)

Ellie

mcvet57103
01-30-09, 10:13 AM
THAT'S A GREAT THOUGHT ROB ! HOPE IT HAPPENS

Ellie[/quote]

Thanks Ellie, Your on my Sweetheart list. :thumbup:

Zebra29er
01-30-09, 11:04 AM
{" Side Note: Wander how the Mods would feel about giving a special free full membership to any and all WIA Marines? That would be a great gesture of support from this site. SF"}

I would have no problem with this at all , The Corps is a band of brothers that no other organization can match , and I think that would be a great way to say thanks to the ones that left something behind on the battle field. ( Limb or Blood ) may be we could start a side bar for PTSD I know it helps to talk about it as soon as possible after one comes home .
Zebra29er out

mcvet57103
01-30-09, 11:35 AM
{" Side Note: Wander how the Mods would feel about giving a special free full membership to any and all WIA Marines? That would be a great gesture of support from this site. SF"}

I would have no problem with this at all , The Corps is a band of brothers that no other organization can match , and I think that would be a great way to say thanks to the ones that left something behind on the battle field. ( Limb or Blood ) may be we could start a side bar for PTSD I know it helps to talk about it as soon as possible after one comes home .
Zebra29er outYeah a forum for WIA to discuss their experiences with PTSD would be great. Outf-ckingstanding suggestion. And it would help them knowing that they are with their brothers.

FemaleDevilDawg
01-30-09, 01:21 PM
This is the first time that I have seen this post but I will without a doubt send him an email asking if he will join us here. I do also hold a special place in my heart for WIA KIA and POW's. I wish nothing but the best.

Semper Fi

Big Jim
01-30-09, 01:33 PM

Ellie[/quote]

I WHOLE HEARTEDLY AGREE....THIS COMBAT VET NEEDS SOME BROTHERS AT HIS SIDE...ESPECIALLY NOW.....AND GREAT IDEA ON THE SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP TOO...!! SEMPER FI....

charm1110
01-30-09, 01:47 PM
E-mail to Cpl. Shulz sent

gunnyhiles
01-30-09, 02:39 PM
I hope that the mods will give him a special full membership as well. I am currently working on typeing up an email to Steve. My mother lives in Texas and her boyfriend is part of a group of motorcycle riders who go out and do things for wounded and disabled troops. I am going to talk to him and see if there is anything that they may be able to do to help out the family. Semper Fi and God Bless Steven.
If they get into the Friendswood TX area, I'd like to meet up with them and take them to the house. We are near NASA and a suburb of Houston

gunnyhiles
01-30-09, 02:41 PM
Thank you. I will be setting him up online from my computer, he is somewhat limited so I'll be his hands.

outlaw3179
01-30-09, 02:41 PM
Roger that Gunny ! Im on it.

DocGreek
01-30-09, 03:47 PM
GUNNY....Sent Steven my e-mail address. He's welcome to write.....anytime!!! GOD Bless him, and you too Gunny!.....SEMPER FI.....Doc Greek

tripledog
01-31-09, 06:37 PM
I will happily pay his WIAs membership. You have my email, send me a bill!!!!

SGT7477
01-31-09, 10:55 PM
Cpl Steven Schulz of Friendswood TX is 100% disabled from an IED that left him paralyzed on one side. His injuries were facial as well as shrapnel in other parts of his body. I live 5 miles from him and visit often. I am going to ask him to join us here and will ask the Honchos here to give him a complementary account. He is a proud Marine, and like so many of his fellow combatants wants to go back. He is blind in one eye and has diminished vision in the other. When leaving his home the first time I visited, his mother said to me “What Steven needs most now are buddies. He still has PT at the VA twice a week and is able to see others and talk to “His kind”. I suspect the Marines here will become his buddies. It must be hell to have been so vibrant and active and now be confined to a wheel chair. Boredom is evil and works on your mind. Getting emails and phone calls are a big part of his staying mentally alert. We read about and hear of our wounded Brothers in Arms, but to sit and talk with them makes me so proud to be a Marine. So please, contact Steven and talk to him as only a Marine can.

<O:pCpl. Steven Schulz
Home:
Cell:
Email: rxsteven90@yahoo.com
Address: 2421 Garnetfield Ln.
Friendswood, TX 77546
My home:

Thanks for sharing Gunny, God's most excellent creation, A Marine Corps GYSGT, Semper FI we are here to help our brother in need.

RenegadeRN
02-01-09, 03:12 AM
Ellie and Mods...

If for some reason a membership can't be granted? I'd be more than willing to front the money for a membership for Steven. Contact me.

Welcome Steven.

redman1
02-01-09, 03:58 AM
Thanks Gunny for letting us know about Stephen.
I sent him a private E-mail
I wouldn't make a pimple on his ass since I wasn't wounded in Nam and sometimes I feel guilty about that but I was lucky.
Thanks GOD that Once A Marine Always A Marine and proud of it.
Semper Fi Redman1

polizei
11-04-09, 02:28 PM
Post from the dead...I sent Cpl. Schulz and email before I left for boot back in January...well now I'm a LCpl! I just re-read the email, and he's a member here, but doesn't have any postings... I added him as a friend, his UN is : rxsteven.

Semper Fi

jetdawgg
11-04-09, 03:45 PM

Since some folks think that we moderators do not read every post

Ellie[/QUOTE]

We all know that Shaff hangs out on the coronation thread:D

Thanks Gy, I'll ping him ASAP

SF