PDA

View Full Version : Recyled during boot, what happens to MOS

dramsbacher
01-29-09, 03:32 PM
This poolee is wants to know what happens to your P-MOS if you are to be recyled during boot.

rvillac2
01-29-09, 06:17 PM
Nothing unless the reason for your recycle also disqualifies you from a particular MOS.

yellowwing
01-29-09, 06:49 PM
I had a three week delay and still got my guaranteed MOS.

dramsbacher
01-29-09, 10:40 PM
This poolee thanks you Sergeant rvillac and Corporal yellowwing.

Phantom Blooper
01-30-09, 04:07 AM
This SSGT wants to know why this poolee is speaking/typing in the third person?:evilgrin:

dramsbacher
01-30-09, 08:41 AM
Sir, This poolee was raised in an all military service background, Sir.

And my two uncles (both retired Marines) have told me that it is respectful, and it will help **you** out in bootcamp, if you start practicing now.

So it is a habbit, Sir. If it will be a problem this poolee can stop action instantly, Sir.

davblay
01-30-09, 08:52 AM

And my two uncles (both retired Marines) have told me that it is respectful, and it will help **you** out in bootcamp, if you start practicing now.

So it is a habbit, Sir. If it will be a problem this poolee can stop action instantly, Sir.

This Corporal was wondering the same thing, SSgt! Look poolee, you ship in March! Are you gonna look and sound like an idiot with all the civillian people around your home area until then? I mean some folks will think you have become retarted or something, or that the "Brain washing" rumor has already taken effect on you. You gotta admit, it sounds stupid right now. Not to say it will at Boot camp, but that's really the only place you'll be required to do that.

Around here we are called by our rank, unless we tell you otherwise! :marine:

Take a chill pill, relax, enjoy your last few weeks of being a civillian, spend time with the family, friends and so on. Don't change yourself to fast, the Corps will take care of that for you! Trust me, after boot, you'll have a hard time adjusting back. Nope the "third person" is only used in Boot Camp!

Just MHO!

Dave

NoRemorse
01-30-09, 08:52 AM

Are you calling the SSgt a female sheep, poolee?

In all seriousness you're showing the right motivation. I understand that you may be concerned about being recycled during Boot but you can only prepare as much as possible for the unexpected. PT now, not later. Do as you're told, do it fast and do it loud; that's how you avoid being recycled. It's also the main way to avoid injury. Doubt and failure go hand in hand, stay moto and plan ahead.

Instant obedience is the name of the game. Now drop down and push until the SSgt gets tired.

Old Marine
01-30-09, 09:58 AM
This poolee is wants to know what happens to your P-MOS if you are to be recyled during boot.

The best answer to you question is: Do not get recycled. If you get recycled and go back to training, you then become a pick-up and Drill Instructors HATE PICK-UPS.

dramsbacher
01-30-09, 12:32 PM
Thank you, for the advice given.

Phantom Blooper
01-30-09, 12:40 PM
dramsbacher,

I was raised in a Marine Corps/military background also.

My child and adult life for 50 + years has all been military.

I understand your motivation but as the CPL stated live your life until March and then let the Marine Corps take the lump of clay and shape and mold you into a Marine.

Respect is calling a person sir and and saying yes/no sir and yes/no ma'am.....and all the golden little rules of a child.

Even if you have another service background and go into the Marine Corps boot camp they mold you the way of the Marines.

Continue if you like to say/type This Poolee every time you refer to a post or reply about yourself.....however in my opine if I had you as a recruit or poolee I would tell you to stop in fear of an onset of schizophrenia setting in....Good luck!:evilgrin: