PDA

View Full Version : We Don't Need Middle Eastern Oil

mcvet57103
01-28-09, 07:36 PM
If this is true, why are we buying our oil from the Middle East?

Follow this link. It will blow your mind.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911 (http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1911)

The U. S. Geological Service issued a report in April ('08) that only scientists and oil men knew was coming, but man was it big. It was a revised report (hadn't been updated since '95) on how much oil was in this area of the western 2/3 of North Dakota; western South Dakota; and extreme eastern Montana .... Check THIS out:

The Bakken is the largest domestic oil discovery since Alaska 's Prudhoe Bay, and has the potential to eliminate all American dependence on fore ign oil. The Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates it at 503 billion barrels. Even if just 10% of the oil is recoverable... At $107 a barrel, we're looking at a resource base worth more than $5.3 trillion.

'When I first briefed legislators on this, you could practically see their jaws hit the floor. They had no idea.' says Terry Johnson, the Montana Legislature's financial analyst.

'This sizable find is now the highest-producing onshore oil field found in the past 56 years.' reports, The Pittsburgh Post Gazette. It's a formation known as the Williston Basin, but is more commonly referred to as the 'Bakken.' And it stretches from Northern Montana, through North Dakota and into Canada. For years, U. S. Oil exploration has been considered a dead end. Even the 'Big Oil' companies gave up searching for major oil wells decades ago. However, a recent technological breakthrough has opened up the Bakken's massive reserves... And we now have access of up to 500 billion barrels. And because this is light, sweet oil, those billions of barrels will cost Americans just $16 PER BARREL!

That's enough crude to fully fuel the American economy for 41 years straight.

2. And if THAT didn't throw you on the floor, then this next one should - because it's from TWO YEARS AGO!

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World!
Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surface of the Rocky Mountains lies the largest untapped oil reserve in the world is more than 2 TRILLION barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction.

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders, than all the other proven reserves on earth.

Here a re the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia
- 18-times as much oil as Iraq
- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait
- 22-times as much oil as Iran
- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil!

James Bartis, lead researcher with the study says we've got more oil in this very compact area than the entire Middle East -more than 2 TRILLION barrels untapped. That's more than all the proven oil reserves of crude oil in the world today, reports The Denver Post.

----
Don't think 'OPEC' will drop its price - even with this find? Think again! It's all about the competitive marketplace, - it has to.
----
Got your attention/ire up yet? Hope so! Now, while you're thinking about it ... And hopefully P.O'd, do this:

3. Pass this along.. If you don't take a little time to do this, then you should stifle yourself the next time you want to complain about gas prices .. Because by doing NOTHING, you've forfeited your right to complain.

bootlace15
01-28-09, 08:46 PM
well send this info to Rush,and see what hes got to say.............

SGT7477
01-28-09, 09:19 PM
That has been going on for years mcvet, can you say blood for oil?

Gnetics
01-29-09, 01:18 AM
the way I see it, we have know for a long time that the US has lots of oil..but why would you waste your own resources first? Buy abroad and use everyone elses supply first and when they are out...well they will be **** outa luck and we will still have a steady domestic oil supply..but thats just my little view.

montana
01-29-09, 04:34 AM
in the 80s when i worked in the oil fields eastern Mt and ND...almost every hole they punched came up crude...both mission canyon or red river and they were punching holes everywhere...was told by those who know that they get just by pumping 40% of the crude...the other 60% is still down there on all the wells ever drilled....cost of recovery is what keeps it down there.....blood is much cheeper$$$$$

Pete0331
01-29-09, 06:27 AM
HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America become independent of foreign oil!

They won't let us extract it (offshore rigs, ANWAR, etc.) because they believe its harmful to the environment.
These are they same people that complain about the amount of money sent to OPEC nations.

It will take an Executive Order to get the ball rolling on viable energy independence. I don't believe it will happen in 10 years.

SGT7477
01-29-09, 07:15 AM
the way I see it, we have know for a long time that the US has lots of oil..but why would you waste your own resources first? Buy abroad and use everyone elses supply first and when they are out...well they will be **** outa luck and we will still have a steady domestic oil supply..but thats just my little view.

They have endless supplies, we won't see that in our life time.:flag: