PDA

View Full Version : SSgt Jim Nelson in hospital

yellowwing
01-28-09, 06:48 PM
Evidently Jim toughed out three days of hernia and bowel infection. He's in surgery now and the Docs are removing a bit of intestine. Dale will keep us informed as to his condition.

Let's get some of that Leatherneck prayer mojo happening!

Lord, watch over our Brother Jim at this hour and in the days to come. Steady the hand of the healer and bless him with skill. Smile on him as he sleeps and recovers. Amen.

CHOPPER7199
01-28-09, 06:49 PM
Just Got A Land Line A Few Minutes Ago. Our Great Ssgt. Jim Nelson Is Now Going Thru Emergency Surgury In Greeley Colorado. Internal Mess Along With A Double Hernia. Will Get Back As Soon As I Know More. Prayers Are Outbound.

outlaw3179
01-28-09, 06:56 PM
Damn , Semper Fi Marine. In my thoughts.

SGT7477
01-28-09, 07:14 PM
Our prayers are with you SSGT of Marines.

charm1110
01-28-09, 07:30 PM
Praying for your successful surgery and recovery Ssgt.

ecfree
01-28-09, 07:39 PM
May the Good Lord bless and comfort our brother Jim......Amen......

LivinSoFree
01-28-09, 07:49 PM
Well wishes from Quantico. Jim Nelson has been a friend and mentor to more than any of us can name, and I wish him a speedy recovery.

thedrifter
01-28-09, 08:02 PM
Prayers Outbound!

Ellie

Sgt Jim
01-28-09, 08:05 PM
In our prayers,Semper FI Jim

Integrity57
01-28-09, 08:11 PM
Get well soon SSgt, my thoughts are with you.

Osotogary
01-28-09, 08:12 PM
Darn, not the news I wanted to hear. Prayers heading your way Jim from South Florida. Recover quickly and get back online.

mcvet57103
01-28-09, 08:18 PM
Get well SSgt. We need your hard charging azz here, not in a hospital bed. We are praying for your quick and full recovery. Semper Fi Marine

ImAPuke
01-28-09, 08:20 PM
I will keep you in my prayers SSGT.

CHOPPER7199
01-28-09, 08:21 PM
Jim Is Out Of Surgery And Doing Good.

mcvet57103
01-28-09, 08:28 PM
Jim Is Out Of Surgery And Doing Good.OooooooooRaaaaaaHHH!!!!! Good news all around, Get well quick jarhead!!! :thumbup:

NoRemorse
01-28-09, 08:31 PM
Semper Fi, Marine. You're in our prayers.

CHOPPER7199
01-28-09, 08:49 PM
Jim Is In, North Colorado Medical Center 1801 16th St. Greeley, Colorado 80631 Will Try To Keep You People Up To Date Along With Yellow.

PaidinBlood
01-28-09, 08:58 PM
He'll have that infection crying uncle in no time and get his back WITH INTEREST! He'll be in our prayers nonetheless! Semper Fi.

003XXMarineDAD
01-28-09, 09:58 PM
Jim came out of surgery fine , he however has 14 inches of bowel gone now . I guess he is all A++hole now. He is in room 447 at the hospital Chopper put on here earlier. He is pretty out of it right now and is probaly going to be there for about a week till his intestines get back in shape.
We will update in the AM.
;)

davblay
01-28-09, 10:30 PM
May God take you in his glorious arms and keep you safe and see that you heal!

Jim, I truly understand, partly, what you're going through. I gave up more than 14 inches of intestines and I am still here to gripe and moan and raise hell.

I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to your return to us.

Semper Fi my friend,

Dave

DocGreek
01-28-09, 10:41 PM
JIM.....my very best to you. Lighting a candle for you, will be very easy, GOD needs the light to come and see you. You ARE one of the "good guy's", and I'll pray for your speedy recovery.......Doc Greek

Phantom Blooper
01-29-09, 04:12 AM
Get well soon Jim!:beer:

:evilgrin:

redman1
01-29-09, 04:26 AM
Get well soon SSgt Jim
You are in my prayers
Thanks to all of you that keep us informed
Once a Marine Always a Marine
Semper Fi Redman1

Sgt Leprechaun
01-29-09, 06:55 AM
Get well soon, Jim!

CHOPPER7199
01-29-09, 01:00 PM
Heads Up, Just Called To Check On Jim, He Sounded Like He Needs His Rest, So Suggest We Give Him A Day Or 2 Before Anymore Calls. He Knows We Are Sending Out Get Well Soon Wishes And Prayers.

mcvet57103
01-29-09, 02:07 PM
Heads Up, Just Called To Check On Jim, He Sounded Like He Needs His Rest, So Suggest We Give Him A Day Or 2 Before Anymore Calls. He Knows We Are Sending Out Get Well Soon Wishes And Prayers.How long will he be in the Hospital? Do you know?

jetdawgg
01-29-09, 02:16 PM
Hurry back Jim, we miss you already:usmc:

SF

jetdawgg
01-29-09, 02:28 PM
North Colorado Medical Center

1801 16th St
Greeley, CO 80631

Spoke to Jim. he says that they will be bringing his laptop to him tonite

He is feeling better by the way, he called me a damned lib:D

SgtHMH
01-29-09, 02:35 PM
Get Well Soon

Semper Fi

rb1651
01-29-09, 02:42 PM
Get well soon Jim. I'll keep the prayers out and the candle lit until you are home again.

Twitchell
01-29-09, 02:45 PM
I hope ya get feeling better Jim. Hang in there brother!

redman1
01-29-09, 10:32 PM
Keep hanging on Jim, I know you have face worse before.
I've had several operations, knees, back, punctured liver which one third was taken out and so on and I thank GOD everyday for the Marine Corps which made me tough enough to face all life has to offer.
Nothing like a Marine. None of my Doctors can never understand how I make it until I tell them I'm a Leatherneck and Jarhead.
Wish I had this group of Marines in my corner when all this was done. I always want to stay in touch with you guys.
Semper Fi Redman1
P.S. Thanks to all of you that keep us updated on Jim
When I was in the hospital last time I had my laptop and I'm glad Jim is going to get his.

semperfiman
01-30-09, 03:41 AM
Hope your feeling better bro i have a cold one waiting for ya Semper Fi

LeonardLawrence
01-30-09, 04:26 AM
Here is to a speedy recovery SSGT!

FistFu68
01-30-09, 06:19 AM
:evilgrin: GODBLESS YOU S/SGT.N TAKE A LITTLE R@R :beer: :thumbup:

Gunner 0313
01-30-09, 10:09 AM
:flag: You're in our prayers, now get well soon !

Osotogary
01-30-09, 04:18 PM
Just talked to the SSgt. at about 1700 hours Eastern Standard Time!
He answered the telephone and we exchanged pleasantries. He sounded...well, tired and on medication.
I told him that his fellow Marines were were sending him their prayers and wishing him well.
He then said, "Guess what they are doing right now? They are taking the catheter out of my dick. It's out now." I said, I want you to know that I had nothing to do with that. That's between you and your nurses. He said to pass on his status to everyone. So,as of 1700 hours E.S.T. SSgt. Nelson's "Dick" is okay.
Adios, for now.
Gary

yellowwing
01-30-09, 04:35 PM
Good to hear Gary! That's sounds like a weird cartoon!

mcvet57103
01-30-09, 04:37 PM
He answered the telephone and we exchanged pleasantries. He sounded...well, tired and on medication.
I told him that his fellow Marines were were sending him their prayers and wishing him well.
He then said, "Guess what they are doing right now? They are taking the catheter out of my dick. It's out now." I said, I want you to know that I had nothing to do with that. That's between you and your nurses. He said to pass on his status to everyone. So,as of 1700 hours E.S.T. SSgt. Nelson's "Dick" is okay.
Adios, for now.
GaryOooouch!!!! If you have ever experienced that particular proceedure, you never forget it. And if you haven't experienced it and can avoid it DO!!! LOL Just glad they knock you out before they insert it.

Artemis
01-30-09, 04:50 PM
Adios, for now.
Gary

Holy crap now I need a new keyboard. Really wasn't expecting that one at all. Thank you for the update.

devildog21345
01-30-09, 07:20 PM
Hey Wing
Sorry To Hear About Jim. Will Put Him On The Prayer List At Our Church On Sunday.

On 2/26/09 I Will Be Going In The Hospital For The Same Operation.

Devildog21345

sparkie
01-30-09, 08:06 PM
Jim,,,, Get your Azz back on duty,,,,, You were not dismissed,,,,, All my love,,,,,,

mcvet57103
01-30-09, 09:20 PM
Jim,,,, Get your Azz back on duty,,,,, You were not dismissed,,,,, All my love,,,,,,Fricken Sick Bay commando. Get outta the rack and back to work!!! SF

MPMOM
01-30-09, 10:01 PM
Hi Jim
As I tell everyone I am just a Marine MOM but am praying for you and hope for a speedy recovery.

003XXMarineDAD
01-30-09, 10:47 PM
Adios, for now.
Gary

My wife said some one called as they were pulling it out, Nice to know he has brothers that feel his pain.LOL:D
They have had him walking today alot and it is wearing his old leather butt out.:bunny:
The nurses are having a blast with the old crusty he is a day or two from chasing them down the hall, then they better look out.LOL :banana:

FemaleDevilDawg
01-31-09, 12:34 AM
Adios, for now.
Gary

Im at least glad to hear that he has made it through surgery safe and sound. You are in my prayers SSgt, as far as the last part of that.... I will never have the opportunity to experience that and I can only thank the good Lord for that. :D Get well soon SSgt!

Semper FI

LeonardLawrence
02-01-09, 11:12 AM
Only on this forum...only here!:D

Adios, for now.
Gary

FistFu68
02-01-09, 11:22 AM
:evilgrin: I DIDN'T KNOW THEY MADE CATHETERS THAT SMALL :D :iwo:

Quinbo
02-01-09, 12:11 PM
Doc said dang you spilled some raisen bran in your lap ... no wait that isn't raisen bran but you dropped your toothpick.

Get well soon Jim

bgsuwoody
02-02-09, 05:16 AM
You are in our prayers for the recover here in Afghanistan SSgt. Semper Fi

Covey_Rider
02-04-09, 10:57 AM
Hey I just now found this thread...

I'd wish you luck and all that but I know you don't need it. We all know that you just want some cute young nurse to play with dick haha.

...the raisin brand and toothpick comment had me rolling.

brovowisky
02-04-09, 11:28 AM
Glad to hear, Semper FI. Get welll

Zulu 36
02-04-09, 11:30 AM
SSgt Jim, you get better now, hear?

Good luck.

ScottsMom
02-04-09, 12:23 PM
Get well soon SSgt!

sgt tony
02-04-09, 06:36 PM
Great news that Jim is out and doing good. Well always said you can get the sh@t out.
Best of luck and we will still pray for a fast recovery

jinelson
02-06-09, 05:42 PM
Im back on light duty now and would like to give my humble but sincere thanks to all that have prayed for me and wished me well. I received many well wishing telephone calls during my monsoon of morphine but a couple really got to me, so a special thanks to jetdawgg (yes jetdawgg he is my bro) , Osotogary and Chopper. I have lost about 35 pounds so I reckon that some of you were really correct and I was full of sheit. I am weak and stapled up like a Christmas goose but getting a bit better and stronger each day. I will be off work for a couple months and hopefully still have a job then, trying times being what they are now. The first thing I saw when I awoke was a huge flower display and asked the nurse who the hell sent me flowers, The Marines at Leatherneck she replied and I said that figures. I never know who does these nice things but smell the hands of my dear friends Ellie and Jerry here. Well I have some other replies to get to now. Again many thanks are in order.

Semper Fidelis

Jim

ecfree
02-06-09, 05:53 PM
Glad to see you're home Jim,God Bless...:yes:

2ndLAADBnWRENCH
02-06-09, 05:54 PM
Ssgt Jim

Lifes been a blur in P.I. for me n mine above Manila lately. I have not trolled these pages much latly and realize after the fact another Brother is in need. Our prayers n thoughts are appon you and yours Jim.

Semper Fi

Sgt JB STARK USMC-USA RETIRED

outlaw3179
02-06-09, 05:56 PM
SSgt Nelson ,

Welcome back Marine. It just wasnt the same around here without you . Now quit malingering! Lets drink some beers!

redman1
02-06-09, 11:22 PM
Glad you made it back home.
Lots of Marines prayed for you and wished you the best.
I'm sure you have been through allot worse
Continue to get better and Semper Fi Redman1
A special Thanks to Gunny Hiles for keeping us informed from the start

rktect3j
02-07-09, 05:34 AM
Glad to see you got through it Jim.

Good luck and Semper Fi.

rb1651
02-07-09, 11:32 AM
Welcome back Jim. I haven't had much time to be on here lately, but I made sure to follow this thread when I could. The prayers will keep going out until you back 100%.

vmfn513
02-07-09, 01:27 PM
Welcome Home, Jim. just proves the saying 'You Can't Keep A Good Marine Down'
Semper Fi! Brother
Our Prayers are with You. may the good Lord keep you safe.

Marine84
02-07-09, 07:03 PM
Welcome Home Marine! And you're very welcome for the arrangement - glad it brightened the room for ya.

OK guys..................let's see who makes Jim blow the first staple from laughing!

Zulu 36
02-07-09, 07:06 PM
Welcome Home Marine! And you're very welcome for the arrangement - glad it brightened the room for ya.

OK guys..................let's see who makes Jim blow the first staple from laughing!

]
Damn, Kim. You made me blow a staple from my three-year old gall bladder scar. :D

Osotogary
02-09-09, 01:26 PM
Hello, Jim.
I need to offer you an apology for creating what I thought was a funny cartoon about your catheter. Dammm, wouldn't know it, I'm scheduled for one the last part of this month or earlier into the the following month (dye for the heart). Mine, hopefully, will be administered through the major artery in my upper leg and not my penis unless they have figured out a way to get the dye to my heart through my dick.
Hope that you are doing okay and that your recovery is going faster than anticipated.
Adios, for now.
Gary.

SGT7477
02-09-09, 01:29 PM
Hello, Jim.
I need to offer you an apology for creating what I thought was a funny cartoon about your catheter. Dammm, wouldn't know it, I'm scheduled for one the last part of this month or earlier into the the following month (dye for the heart). Mine, hopefully, will be administered through the major artery in my upper leg and not my penis unless they have figured out a way to get the dye to my heart through my dick.
Hope that you are doing okay and that your recovery is going faster than anticipated.
Adios, for now.
Gary.
What goes around comes around,lol, Good Luck.:D

NoRemorse
02-09-09, 01:43 PM
Hello, Jim.
Adios, for now.
Gary.

LoL, when you feel warmth but no liquid in your groin you're bleeding internally. Always fun. You get to watch the cath thread its way through your femoral artery up to your heart and spritz.

Semper Fi.
Karma's a b!tch! :flag:

Osotogary
02-09-09, 04:14 PM
"..when you feel warmth but no liquid in your groin you're bleeding internally. Always fun."

Wonderful, just frikken wonderful. LOL