PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

chadhertz
01-26-09, 09:54 PM
I was reading this thread and had a question.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75994&highlight=fire+team

They make it sound like eveyone in that squad are 0311's. Is this true. My question is how do they integrate 0331's, 0351's, and 0352's. Are they put in these squads or are they in squads with just there specific mos?

SS109
01-26-09, 10:26 PM
depends on what the mission calls for and what formation you're in

chadhertz
01-27-09, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the reply PFC. Would you care to go a little more in depth?

aspinwc
01-28-09, 12:14 AM
A conventional rifle company has five platoons. Headquarters,1st,2nd,3rd,and weapons. All platoons normally have three squads with the exception of HQ. Their numbers vary. Platoons 1-3 are rifle platoons(0311's). Each of the rifle platoons in my company have two designated marksman. They carry a hopped up M16A4 with a Leupold scope and silencer. Their role in a squad, when the mission calls, is to provide overwatch for the operations, usually from an elevated position. Your company high shooters are normally the DM's. The rest of the platoon is broken down in normal squad/fireteam format.
The weapons platoon is made up of 0331's, 0341's, and 0351's. The 31's (Machine gunners) are usually attached out in teams to the rifle platoons as are the assaultmen (0351's). They don't fall under the fireteam order. 0341's (Motarman) can be attached also, but I haven't seen it that much.
For example, if 1st Platoon 1st squad is going to assault a hill, they would probaly want a machinegun team to lay down supporting fire prior to the fireteam movements. They also might need an assault team to breach an obstacle to reach the objective. Get it?
0352's are only found in a Weapons Company, but thats another story.

chadhertz
01-28-09, 04:28 PM
Yes I do get it now. Thank you for your explanation Corporal. That cleared a lot of things up that I was confused with.

JordanB
01-30-09, 11:09 AM
LAR's the same basic set up as aspinwc explained, except instead of fire teams the 11's are put into scout teams. Though lar dosent rate 51's or 31's, we integrate 52's into our weapons platoons as opposed to victor units who integrate them into weapons companys.