PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to meet the commandant tomorrow

Accord
01-26-09, 09:13 PM
So the commandant is coming to Camp Lejeune tomorrow and I was one of 5 Marines in my battalion selected to meet him. I'm bringing my camera, if I get the chance to take a picture with him i'll be sure to post it.

echo3oscar1833
01-26-09, 10:05 PM
That is cool brother. Post em up on here :) Kill!!:D

davblay
01-26-09, 10:16 PM
So the commandant is coming to Camp Lejeune tomorrow and I was one of 5 Marines in my battalion selected to meet him. I'm bringing my camera, if I get the chance to take a picture with him i'll be sure to post it.

John, congratulations! I know it's a privilage to meet such a distinguished Officer.

Semper Fi,

Dave

Quinbo
01-26-09, 10:20 PM
Old Generals love the troops ... you'll almost be tempted to call him dad or uncle instead of sir. Looking forward to the pictures.

Twitchell
01-26-09, 10:28 PM
Damn your lucky........ That's cool as hell. Enjoy it!

bucksgted
01-26-09, 10:30 PM
Old Generals love the troops ... you'll almost be tempted to call him dad or uncle instead of sir. Looking forward to the pictures.

It's "Yes, General." "No, General."

echo3oscar1833
01-26-09, 10:32 PM
It's "Yes, General." "No, General."

It could be "Can I give my opinion General" rofl:D

Scottie0417
01-26-09, 11:22 PM
Good stuff Accord...I had the chance to meet Gen. Conway at our Marine Corps Ball. He's a very cool guy, really nice too.

DocGreek
01-26-09, 11:44 PM
I, and members of 3/3/3, got to meet C.M.C. General Charles Krulak, at reunion. He was my C.O., in Nam......Lima 3/3/3, and a Capt. at the time!! One tough MARINE!!....SEMPER FI, GENERAL!......Doc Greek

Enigmatic
01-26-09, 11:54 PM
Hey man, I once met the ACMC at the time, General Nyland, in Okinawa when I was a Lance Corporal. I was the one LCpl in my battalion picked to have lunch with him and a few other Marines from the island. A word of advice, don't be afraid to speak up! He gave us all the opportunity to give our opinions and ask questions, but I was too star-struck (literally) to say anything and I regret it to this day, because I honestly did have questions and who better to ask then one of the top General (in your case, THE top General) in the Corps?

JimmyK
01-26-09, 11:58 PM
He was at Cherry Point today. Went and saw him and SgtMaj Kent speak. They even opened up the last few minutes up to a question and answer session.

nvusmcsgt
01-27-09, 11:35 AM
That is awesome. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Integrity57
01-27-09, 10:00 PM
The Commandant's private aircraft, it was parked on the ramp behind the PAX terminal where I work on NAS last thursday and friday. It looks way more swanky and badass in person lol.

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w340/integrity57/CMC.jpg

PaidinBlood
01-27-09, 10:16 PM
Mo money mo money mo money pass it on

buckeyeblue
01-27-09, 10:43 PM
Good Luck. When I was in the Marine Corps, General Louis Wilson was the Commadant. He was a MOH winner in WWII. He came to Camp Lejune in 1979. I will never forget seeing him.

SEMPER FI

buckeyeblue
01-27-09, 10:48 PM
I got to see GeneraL Louis H. Wilson, WWII MOH Winner who was the Commadant when I was in the Marine Corps. He came to Camp Lejune, N.C. in 1980.

SEMPER FI :flag:

Quinbo
01-28-09, 12:36 AM
Buckeye I have learned something new from you today. I did not know wilson had earned the MOH. I did know that his daughters formed the 80's rock group Heart.

1stRad2671
01-28-09, 03:31 PM
The Commandant's private aircraft, it was parked on the ramp behind the PAX terminal where I work on NAS last thursday and friday. It looks way more swanky and badass in person lol.

http://i521.photobucket.com/albums/w340/integrity57/CMC.jpg

Do you know what the tail number is?

nvusmcsgt
01-28-09, 04:12 PM
Do you know what the tail number is?

Look at the Commandant flying around in a Gulfstream. Nice, very nice

mcvet57103
01-28-09, 05:23 PM
Buckeye I have learned something new from you today. I did not know wilson had earned the MOH. I did know that his daughters formed the 80's rock group Heart.I'd like to learn from Buckeye also. You suppose he could fill out his profile?

Integrity57
01-28-09, 06:10 PM
I don't remember seeing the tail number 1stRad, but I do remember our parking lot being filled with just about every Marine Officer on base the day it showed up and before it departed but the Commandant didn't fly in, just the pilots of the aircraft.

1stRad2671
01-30-09, 04:21 PM
I don't remember seeing the tail number 1stRad, but I do remember our parking lot being filled with just about every Marine Officer on base the day it showed up and before it departed but the Commandant didn't fly in, just the pilots of the aircraft.

Ok, it does look like his C-37B #166377 callsign MARINE-101.

LeonardLawrence
02-01-09, 11:31 AM
I would be curious what kind of question would you ask the Commandant in a private meeting.

I remember hearing of a Commandant being asked about promotions to Cpl being locked out for Dragon Gunners in a public forum. The CMC promoted the Marine on the spot, but I was told never really addressed the issue....

What would/do you talk about?

Quinbo
02-01-09, 11:37 AM
I think I was there Leonard. Coolie had balls enough to stand up and ask General Gray why 0351's were not able to compete with other 03's for promotion he walked out of there with a challenge coin and Corporal stripes.

Side note it is outstanding to see you posting again brother.

Big Jim
02-01-09, 11:48 AM
Commandant PX Kelly shook my hand in April of 1987 when I wa sstationed at Camp Foster. Only Commandant I ever met....he was pretty cool...and even later that at the Eagle, Globe and Anchor at Bosses' night was funny too. Our Company CO sang that stupid azz song from the movie Top Gun to some girl...it turned out to be the General's niece..!!! HAHAHA....I don't know what happened to Capt. Johnson but he was gone for a few days for it we all heard.....LOL.....according to scuttlebutt of course....

Gunner 0313
02-01-09, 12:08 PM
:flag: Good to go brother, enjoy it ! The highest ranking officer that I was ever in close proximity to was Gen. Boomer. He came to our pause in the Gulf to visit a buddy of mine in our company, whose father was friends with the Gen. Closest I ever was to the Commandant was the mass formation at Lejeune before the Gulf War with Gen. Gray.

FistFu68
02-01-09, 12:13 PM
:evilgrin: MET CARL MUNDY WHEN HE WAS A 2ND.LT. AT QUANG TRI,SALUTED LEW WALT AT THE MAIN GATE HENDERSON HALL;HE GOES TOO THE WATCH COMMANDER THAT DECORATED MARINE ON DUTY WAS 1 SQUARED AWAY MARINE,THEN HE TOLD HIM I DO NOT SALUTE NON NCO'S I WAS PROMOTED BACK 2 CPL.4 THE 2ND TIME THAT MORNING.:evilgrin: :iwo:

LeonardLawrence
02-01-09, 01:00 PM
Thanks.

Been away with some minor health issues, but am back for a spell. Hoping to catch up.

Sounds like you were there....we heard about it second hand...in Oki. He didn't answer the question though, did he? :scared:

I think I was there Leonard. Coolie had balls enough to stand up and ask General Gray why 0351's were not able to compete with other 03's for promotion he walked out of there with a challenge coin and Corporal stripes.

Side note it is outstanding to see you posting again brother.

Petz
02-01-09, 01:24 PM
:evilgrin: MET CARL MUNDY WHEN HE WAS A 2ND.LT. AT QUANG TRI,SALUTED LEW WALT AT THE MAIN GATE HENDERSON HALL;HE GOES TOO THE WATCH COMMANDER THAT DECORATED MARINE ON DUTY WAS 1 SQUARED AWAY MARINE,THEN HE TOLD HIM I DO NOT SALUTE NON NCO'S I WAS PROMOTED BACK 2 CPL.4 THE 2ND TIME THAT MORNING.:evilgrin: :iwo:

this is great!!! the man says he doesn't salute non-NCOs so he gets you promoted!!! hahaha, too bad you didn't have the patience to keep it that second time!! haha... semper fi mac!

FistFu68
02-01-09, 02:33 PM
:evilgrin: YOUR RIGHT SGT.P, LIBERTY WAS MY WORST ENEMY :evilgrin: :iwo:

Quinbo
02-01-09, 02:54 PM
Thanks.

Been away with some minor health issues, but am back for a spell. Hoping to catch up.

Sounds like you were there....we heard about it second hand...in Oki. He didn't answer the question though, did he? :scared:

It was in Oki. I don't think that question has ever been answered. The question was answered somewhat about 0313's they now no longer roll over to 0369 when putting on staff. It would open a giant can of worms if they did the same thing to 9999's

penrest 1
02-01-09, 09:48 PM

Good job!!
Penrest

Lickdem89
02-01-09, 10:42 PM
The Commandant came to Soi back in November to Personally Promote two Students to LCpl after they saved a old women from a burning building. I was lucky enough to be in the field in a Fighting Hole.....

mgkusmc
02-02-09, 12:02 AM
So the day has come and passed....and Accord hasnt reported how it went........think he's in the brig? LoL just messing with ya Accord but if you're reading this....how did it go?

bgsuwoody
02-02-09, 05:29 AM
Don't ask him hard stumping questions lol.

LeonardLawrence
02-02-09, 04:10 PM
Maybe the question was beyond his paygrade. Thanks for the intel on an old story !:beer:

It was in Oki. I don't think that question has ever been answered. The question was answered somewhat about 0313's they now no longer roll over to 0369 when putting on staff. It would open a giant can of worms if they did the same thing to 9999's

LeonardLawrence
02-02-09, 04:11 PM
In the brig or working his butt off as a 2nd Lt. in HQMC.....

buckeyeblue
02-06-09, 04:07 PM
Buckeye I have learned something new from you today. I did not know wilson had earned the MOH. I did know that his daughters formed the 80's rock group Heart.

Bulkyker,

Here is the Wikipedia print out on General Wilson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_H._Wilson,_Jr.

Wilson was promoted to General (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_officer) on July 1, 1975, when he assumed the office of Commandant of the Marine Corps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commandant_of_the_Marine_Corps). As Commandant, General Wilson repeatedly stressed modernization of the post-Vietnam Marine Corps. :flag: