PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Option

Hog Wild
01-26-09, 01:51 PM
Hello everyone. Thanks to all of the Marines on here for your service and sacrifices, and I hope to be joining your ranks soon (if I have what it takes in boot of course). I have kind of an interesting question. I live right on the Mississippi River, and I keep hearing that if you enlist West of the Miss, you go to San Diego for boot, and if you enlist East of it, you go to Parris Island. This is probably a stupid question, but which boot camp is more preferable to those who have been there before (i.e. weather for PT and drill, geography, etc.). It doesn't really matter to me, I live on the West side of the River and will probably wind up in San Diego, but the question just occurred to me. Thanks for any insight and opinion; I surely do appreciate it.

KawiGunny
01-26-09, 02:05 PM
Looking at your name, and not your profile, I would say you live in Arkansas. Go west young man. I am from Carlisle and went to Bootcamp in Hollywood. Great times.

AL49BGN
01-26-09, 02:20 PM
Either one will train you to be one of the finest killing machines the enemy has ever seen.Just do not refer to Recruit Training as "Boot".As a graduate of Parris Island I am partial to P.I.Either you get to play with the Sandfleas in a swamp or you get to hump the hills at MCB Camp Pendleton!

thewookie
01-26-09, 02:31 PM
which boot camp is more preferable

I prefer the one I went to, PI.:evilgrin:

I hear the girls prefer that one, too.

Hog Wild
01-26-09, 02:42 PM
Looking at your name, and not your profile, I would say you live in Arkansas. Go west young man. I am from Carlisle and went to Bootcamp in Hollywood. Great times.

Yes sir, Carlisle churns out good people. My roommate last year was from Carlisle.

I appreciate all the replies. I'm from Arkansas, so I'll probably wind up at San Diego. I can see that both churn out honorable, duty-doing, country-loving Marines. I'm lucky to be able to go to either one. Thank you all.

Mindgame
01-27-09, 05:49 PM
Either way, your still a Marine.

As much as I hated those little sandflies. I think I would rather have delt with those then hump the Hills of SD. I give it to the Hollywood Marines. Those hills don't look like to much fun.:) But then again. It's not all that fun getting bitten either. Any exposed skin will be entirly coverd with bumps. Those little suckers litterally follow the platoon around as your drilling. Don't dare scratch. Ohhh I made that mistake once. I thought no one was looking, unfortunetly one of our DI's was watching from the DI balcony. That night was not a good night for me.