PDA

View Full Version : Got the most exciting and shocking phone call today...

AbSofSteeL
01-26-09, 02:24 PM
My recruiter Sgt. Hannah and I were talking via phone today and he told me...

So I found an Intel job for you and as soon as some things go through we can have you in bootcamp for tomorrow...

I was expecting on leaving in about half a year!!!

I'm so determined to become a Marine and intel is a plus!

So I tell him if I see intel in my contract I'm good to go!

I'm so prepared yet so not ready!!! :nerd:

I have lurked this site for a while and found it very useful, thank you everybody!

AL49BGN
01-26-09, 02:28 PM
Good Luck Poolee,it Sounds Like Everything Has Come Together For You.now Go Earn Your Title!

AbSofSteeL
01-26-09, 02:34 PM
Btw guys... I'm a Marine friend simply because I have not sworn in. But apparently later today I'm going to be a poolee for tomorrow's shipment!

Thank you for your words of encouragement! :thumbup:

AL49BGN
01-26-09, 02:51 PM
Btw guys... I'm a Marine friend simply because I have not sworn in. But apparently later today I'm going to be a poolee for tomorrow's shipment!

Thank you for your words of encouragement! :thumbup:
One thing you will learn is to not correct a SNCO.Good luck!!!!Get back to us once you have earned your title.We would love to hear from you.:thumbup:

JWG
01-26-09, 02:52 PM
Awesome news. Sounds like a dream for many, to get to the chance to earn the Title so quick. Most wait, as you said, half a year or more. Just give it everything you got and then some.

GET THAT TITLE!

AbSofSteeL
01-26-09, 03:21 PM
One thing you will learn is to not correct a SNCO.Good luck!!!!Get back to us once you have earned your title.We would love to hear from you.:thumbup:

Sorry about that!!! I just thought people would see my status as Marine friend and piledrive me for not being poolee status!!! Its just my nerves are going out of control!!!

I will definitely make all of you proud!

polizei
01-26-09, 05:50 PM
Wow, that's a quick turn-around from poolee to recruit! Have fun!!!

SGT7477
01-26-09, 07:23 PM

So I found an Intel job for you and as soon as some things go through we can have you in bootcamp for tomorrow...

I have lurked this site for a while and found it very useful, thank you everybody!

What's next, earn our title, Get Some?:flag:

AbSofSteeL
01-27-09, 03:38 PM
SCRATCH THAT!!! I got pushed back to February 9th! DAMNIT!!!

BackhausD
01-27-09, 03:41 PM
Still better than half a year like it was supposed to be.

Wanna trade ship dates?!?!?!? :nerd:

hempstead56
01-27-09, 03:49 PM
Just spend alot of time with friends and family.

JMM90
01-27-09, 10:32 PM
Something somewhat similar happened today, I went to the office to PT and the recruiters including a Master Sergeant are like "Hey we tried to call you today, there was an opening to ship out like right now, but we couldn't get a hold of you so somebody else filled that spot" and I was like wow wtf since I'm supposed to leave on April 27th. Maybe they were just fvcking with me since I've been waiting to go into the Marines for quite a while (I was going to enlist in summer of 08 but broke my wrist by accident and had to wait a log time).

MGarrison
01-27-09, 11:13 PM
I'm shipping on the 9th as well, see you there.

Tolerance
01-28-09, 03:25 PM

wow, i wish I was as lucky as you :cry:

there's no intel spots open in my recruiting district, but my recruiter is doing his best to find it as well.

where are you located? (if u dont mind me asking)

and also... I might be leaving Feb. 9th too! PI or SD?

MGarrison
01-29-09, 10:27 PM
MCRDSD I didn't even check that, sorry.