PDA

View Full Version : Marine Reserve help?

spartan1371
01-25-09, 10:55 AM
Im a former Marine Combat Engineer, im also a fallujah and ramadi veteran. I got out of the Marines honorably after my four years in May 2007. I want to join the reserves particularly E.O.D. "i blew over 600,000 pounds of weapons cache's in my tours over seas and particularly look up to E.O.D.'s professionalism". That said i cannot find any information regarding where to find a Marine reserve recruiter!, The recruiters here in Pensacola, Florida are really irritating me !!! Im a Marine through and through however im not getting any help here and i have alot more still left to offer the Corps! that said the Airforce Reserves is offering me 20 grand sign on bonus and are doing there best to help me , yet however the marine corps which ive fought for and bled for, is not helping me....i feel abandoned by my family and am very close to just joinging another reserve...any one know a number or email or anything to help me get a hold of a marine reserve recruiter???????????

any help and advice is really appreciated !!!!
The airforce reserve program is offering 20 grand for E.O.D.

thanks and SEMPER FI!:marine:

richerich
01-25-09, 11:25 AM
You are not alone, Many have trouble getting back in... If you want to re-up in the reserves, you must get with a Prior Service Recruiter:

http://www.marforres.usmc.mil/stay/Default.asp
Prior Service Recruiting
1-800-627-4637

Selective Re-enlistment Bonus and Broken Service Program

The Marine Corps is offering former Marines who have been off active duty for as long as four years cash incentives to rejoin the ranks, while boosting bonuses for others.

Under the old policy, only first-term Marines who came back within a year of leaving the Corps were eligible to return. And if no more than 90 days had passed since their end of active service, it was as though they never left.

But MARADMIN 632/06 expands the policy by opening the door for returnees who did as many as 14 years on active duty before getting out sometime in the last four. Everyone who comes back is eligible to cash in on their MOS’s current listed bonus, but the percentage of payment is based on how long one has been separated. See the most recent updates in MARADMIN 349/07.

spartan1371
01-25-09, 11:38 AM
thanks !!! ill give them a call!!!...THAT GREEN WEENIE is relentless....

richerich
01-25-09, 11:42 AM
Forgot to add this PS Recruiter Directory:

http://www.mfr.usmc.mil/DEV/Stay/psr.asp